Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This (23740 Views)

Nigerians Are Very Wicked / How To Handle A Wicked Landlord please help / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Oshin56(m): 3:43pm On May 02
lekonso:

Just my attitude too. I don't borrow money i can't give you as dash. If i borrow you money and you don't pay back, i won't ask you, but i can never borrow you money again, even if you are dieing, that is not my business.
comrade, are you a Gemini?
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by KingWarri: 3:49pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:
Thanks everyone for you contributions.

Me and 2 other tenants went to his room to confront him. He gave me 2k and said he doesn't have money that he would give me the remaining 3k by Friday. They told me to take the 2k first and wait till Friday.

My anger is that why did he lie to me that he would give me back the money when he knows he didn't have it. He is married with 2 small children yet he goes to ashewo joint to drink and chase women. I would wait till Friday na it's just next tomorrow.
You know all these things yet choose to give him.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by IbeOkehie: 3:58pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:
In my compound, we are 5 sharing the prepaid meter. We uses to contribute 5k per person to recharged it when it finishes. So since last week we have been contributing because the units were low and the meter was making noise. By Monday this week it went off around 10 pm. And only one man hasn't paid yet. And he wasn't around that night.

He sent me a WhatsApp message around 11 after he was contacted by the guy that does the recharge reminding him that he's the only person that have not pay. He told me that I should pay for him that he didn't deposit the sales he made into his account that when he comes the following morning he would give me cash.

I transferred the 5k to the guy and we recharged. Do you know that when this man come back the next morning he did as if nothing happens between us, the whole of Tuesday he didn't even tell me anything. Today is Wednesday I was outside when he come he just pass me and enter his house. am just holding myself because if I enter his house I will damage something. why is Nigerians like this. why do we like to cheat people at any given chance. Does he know if the 5k is my last card.

Honestly, for real, I've experienced this kind of BLATANT trickery, dishonesty and untrustworthiness too many times at the hands of Nigerians, in all sorts of relationships and at every level of society, at home and abroad. It's CRAZY, it's one of the reasons I abandoned Nigeria. At least here abroad there's more of a variety of people.

It's really, really sad. I don't understand how Nigerians got to be this way. Trust is the vital to economic progress by the way.

Good Luck to Nigerians.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Sleekfingers: 4:02pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:
In my compound, we are 5 sharing the prepaid meter. We uses to contribute 5k per person to recharged it when it finishes. So since last week we have been contributing because the units were low and the meter was making noise. By Monday this week it went off around 10 pm. And only one man hasn't paid yet. And he wasn't around that night.

He sent me a WhatsApp message around 11 after he was contacted by the guy that does the recharge reminding him that he's the only person that have not pay. He told me that I should pay for him that he didn't deposit the sales he made into his account that when he comes the following morning he would give me cash.

I transferred the 5k to the guy and we recharged. Do you know that when this man come back the next morning he did as if nothing happens between us, the whole of Tuesday he didn't even tell me anything. Today is Wednesday I was outside when he come he just pass me and enter his house. am just holding myself because if I enter his house I will damage something. [b]why is Nigerians like this. [/b]why do we like to cheat people at any given chance. Does he know if the 5k is my last card.

That's generalization....

You will enter his house and damage something? Then you be ready to be charge for trespassing and charge for property destruction......na that time your eyes go clear.....
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by travelzcruix: 4:10pm On May 02
Me I no sabi how to pretend for matter like this....... But to be wise my brother, just act stupid. These days it is better to be a fool b4 problem of 5k go turn 500k

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by litaninja(m): 4:11pm On May 02
Cellotape dey your mouth to ask for your money?

Gbadugbakun:

I transferred the 5k to the guy and we recharged. Do you know that when this man come back the next morning he did as if nothing happens between us, the whole of Tuesday he didn't even tell me anything. Today is Wednesday I was outside when he come he just pass me and enter his house. am just holding myself because if I enter his house I will damage something. why is Nigerians like this. why do we like to cheat people at any given chance. Does he know if the 5k is my last card.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by AMI3(m): 4:18pm On May 02
Kooldon:
That is why we pretend at times that we don't have money when such request arises to avoid stories.
If and only if, it wasn't your last card, tell others about the situation that you have paid for next sub in advance, meaning he has to pay 10k for sub.
Let him just default watch as others wil tear him apart for you.
Wisdom Pro Max
Just go with this idea. After all you are the one that transfer the money to the other guy that normally recharge the light.
Just report the situation to your co - tenants

The should hold him if he doesn't pay #10k

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by AZControversial(m): 4:27pm On May 02
Rochasstatue:
The guy is an idīot and knows what he is doing.
You don't need to be nice to a person who is manipulative and untrustworthy.
Embarrass him.
Make life difficult for the fuul.
Don't be nice.
Be nasty.

The best advice so far!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Mom007(f): 4:32pm On May 02
Just wait till the digits on rhe meter finishes and then you will not pay. Allow him to pay for both of you. If he refuses, escalate and involve the whole compound. Also be more mindful next time.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Fhowe: 4:33pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

I just went to knock at his door. He just shouted who is that. When I told him I'm the one he told me he doesn't have money that he would give me when he has. He didn't even come out to see me. He's still inside the house and he's door is locked

Am just holding myself honestly, because if I do what is in my mind people will say is because of 5k.
well you should have yourself to blame, initially when you were renting the house and you discovered it was 5 dofferent apartments using one meter that one nstamce you should have backed out cause such arrangements always end up in calamity cause the usage can never be even imagine you are not at home all day most times , then the other person is a full time stay at home mum does that sound even . Somethings are totally avoidable
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Monday60655(m): 4:44pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

I just went to knock at his door. He just shouted who is that. When I told him I'm the one he told me he doesn't have money that he would give me when he has. He didn't even come out to see me. He's still inside the house and he's door is locked

Am just holding myself honestly, because if I do what is in my mind people will say is because of 5k.

Now you have changed the narrative from what you posted earlier. You did not add all these salt and maggi before. Is like you're an attention seeker.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Tohmey(m): 4:46pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Me and 2 other tenants went to his room to confront him. He gave me 2k and said he doesn't have money that he would give me the remaining 3k by Friday. They told me to take the 2k first and wait till Friday.

My anger is that why did he lie to me that he would give me back the money when he knows he didn't have it. He is married with 2 small children yet he goes to ashewo joint to drink and chase women. I would wait till Friday na it's just next tomorrow.
When friday pass, no forget to drop update
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Waffarianman(m): 4:48pm On May 02
Kooldon:
That is why we pretend at times that we don't have money when such request arises to avoid stories.
If and only if, it wasn't your last card, tell others about the situation that you have paid for next sub in advance, meaning he has to pay 10k for sub.
Wisdom Pro Max

Wisdom pro max is the Koko there he should just tell the other neighbours that he has payed next recharge already to the stubborn guy that's all then let's see how he will escape that. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Waffarianman(m): 4:53pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Just use ant 🐜 bait to catch the elephant 🐘. Tell the dude that recharge the meter that he should collect your next recharge 5k from that stubborn guy that you've payed to him already relax and watch how things go. Brain 🧠 mara
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Freelancerboy(m): 4:55pm On May 02
grin grin grin

E never reach to damage something nau
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by softy(m): 5:16pm On May 02
Kooldon:
Wisdom Pro Max

This is the best if it was NOT your last card.

Also, for this option, most of the tenants MUST be aware. We have many sick, frustrated and unbalanced people living with us all in our different domain. Many people hate being grateful, polite and encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by jeromestarks: 5:19pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Is he from the Eastern part of Nigeria?
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Konquest: 5:27pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

That's very irresponsible of your co-tenant.

He should have reached out to you to explain the current financial situation the very next day that you gave him the N5,000 instead of just walking past your room. It's folks like this that spoil the chances of others and prevent them from getting assistance.

I can bet that from now on, you wouldn't want to give money out when asked. But I'll enjoin you to continue to do so if you have any disposable money at hand to give to any person that is MORE responsible. Just give him or her a timeline for repayment and document it. Period.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by DonroxyII: 6:16pm On May 02
fawaz050:

Epe yi poo grin
Weyrey loko Weyrey fa grin
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by BluntCrazeMan: 6:39pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

REMIND HIM NAA..

THIS IS NIGERIA.!!

DON'T EVER EXPECT PEOPLE TO KNOW AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS.
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by haphizz57(m): 6:40pm On May 02
Ijaya123:

By prostrating or kneeling to ask the neighbour I guess?
Did i say dat?
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Coolgent(m): 6:40pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Course code: Finance 101
Dont lend any money that you can't forget.
An average Nigerian is a wicked, deceit, selfish in nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by haphizz57(m): 6:42pm On May 02
Chetas81:
BLACK AFRICAN WITH POLITE WAY, NOBODY NEED TO PREACH TO YOU BEFORE YOU CAN PAY THE MONEY
Everything is nt with force
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by toprealman: 6:56pm On May 02
lekonso:

Just my attitude too. I don't borrow money i can't give you as dash. If i borrow you money and you don't pay back, i won't ask you, but i can never borrow you money again, even if you are dieing, that is not my business.
For critical situations like death etc, I will apply wisdom.
One was like blah blah blah. I wasn’t really interested but also knew that was our last transaction ever! Told him to add whatever he was owing me to the little I handed to him. That was it…
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by eddynaira125: 7:04pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

You know his profile and you still borrow that idiot money, guy u no try, I Dey vex for you
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Gerrard59(m): 7:08pm On May 02
Nothing surprising to see here.

The average Nigerian is an innately dishonest person. The worst are those who claim to be very religious, as I'm dead sure this man is one of such.

The plan: do everything humanely possible to get your money. Don't let it go. Get your money by all means! Next time, even if it means total blackout, NEVER pay for anyone. Don't do it. Even if you're pointed a gun, don't do it. You're dealing with Nigerians - perennial and cruel debtors!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Gerrard59(m): 7:17pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Another lesson in life to learn. When you see irresponsible men - drunks, poor men who patronise sex workers, smokers, gamblers etc., - NEVER lend them money even if they want to die! Yes! Don't lend such people money. They're innately dishonest, trickish, terrible and dangerous.

After you get your money back, severe every form of connection with him. Don't greet him or respond to his greetings. Don't lend him anything even if he wants to die! Don't allow his children or wife get close to you regardless of gender. You have to be thoroughly ruthless when dealing with dishonest Nigerians. You must be hard on them. Don't forgive. Don't forget. Hold this grudge till you leave that compound.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by frozen70(f): 8:10pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

Just calm down, the credit will finish again and when they start contributing, tell him to contribute to replace the one you did for him

Then after that, don't ever pay anything for him

Just be calm so that you don't trigger anything that will lead to regret
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by folake4u(f): 8:19pm On May 02
He is married with 2 small children yet he goes to ashewo joint to drink and chase women.

And e still dey owe 5k?

Subhanallah!
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by GravityDefier: 8:33pm On May 02
Only help a selected few. You see Nigerians, entitlement wan finish them.

The next thing you'll hear is "for ordinary 5k".

Lemme give you a tip => next time when someone asks you to borrow them money, just give them the little you can dash out at that time and if you feel that little is too small then tell them you would have helped if you had but you are not buoyant enough.

Life no jus hard, na we just dey displease ourselves to please others.

Exception: If na your bone friend or tight family person then you can go the extra mile
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by greggng: 8:38pm On May 02
Gbadugbakun:

You did something good . Don't spoil it with your anger. Next time never pay for such people . He us not credit worthy....The best way to solve this issue is to pretend like you are not seeing him . If he brings the money ...just tell him.thank you and move on. Next time if anyone didn't pay ...load whatever they paid and have a register where you record it ...let's say he brings the money a week after loading...still load it ...whenever everything finishes that becomes when you guys start fresh loading .
Re: Why Do People Behave Very Wicked Like This by Reloadedisraelp: 8:57pm On May 02
Kooldon:
Wisdom Pro Max
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware! – Buying These Lands May Increase Your Construction Cost Astronomically! / Lagos NSITF Office Leaks, Rainwater Floods Office (Video, Photos) / Lagos Seals Banks, Hotels, Others On Airport Road For Planning Infractions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.