Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,827 members, 7,841,178 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals (40861 Views)

Oluebube Okoye, UNIZIK's Best Graduating Student In Pharmacy Is A Medical Doctor / UNILAG Female Student Reveals How She Gave Her Course Mate HIV/AIDS / “I Wrote O’level Exams 17 Times”- UNIBEN Graduating Student Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Dubetex96(m): 7:57pm On May 03
Beauty with brain i see determination in her.

she will go places .

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Privatepart00: 7:57pm On May 03
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by CSTRR: 7:58pm On May 03
Dann.

She is going to obliterate medical school.

A first class graduate of chemistry in the same class with small boys and girls who just finished secondary school and barely passed Jamb.

Her distinctions in medicine would be much.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by BigDawsNet: 7:58pm On May 03
Ijobaorun:
She should seek admission abroad. It will pay her than in Nigeria.

Her jamb is not recognised abroad...

If she has good wear results + her bsc first class in chemistry... she can apply for new bsc scholarship program for medicine abroad... in not a common country if she want quick response
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:58pm On May 03

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by damola1: 7:58pm On May 03
EreluRoz:
Hmmm she likes stress and life's wahala. God knows I will not go near book again after this my masters. My husband will cover up for the rest.

I don try abeg.

That’s why she is a 1st class and you are not

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by EreluRoz: 7:59pm On May 03
damola1:

That’s why she is a 1st class and you are not
I don't envy her, so what else?
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by seunayantokun(m): 7:59pm On May 03
What happened to direct entry for her? What is the problem?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:59pm On May 03
MEEVEET:
Why not just do direct entry

First class in bio chemistry can easily get you to second year med-sug
I tire oo direct entry ooo na im she for do..
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:00pm On May 03
femi4:
Wrong move
About to waste 7yrs + X
That's how it is done mostly in US

BSc in basic science courses such as microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry then proceed to med surgery
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Doyin2(m): 8:01pm On May 03
dettolgel:
She should have applied for med school in US with good entry test score she would have gotten scholarship.

Exactly!
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by CSTRR: 8:01pm On May 03
But she wasted that first class though.

Chemistry and its sub -disciplines is the science discipline with the highest number of fully funded scholarships in America.

She could have gotten a fully funded masters or PhD scholarship in the best schools in America on a platter.

What a waste of good grade.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Felabrity: 8:01pm On May 03
Abi make I apply too

I want break my previous record

Aiming 350 cool
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by godwon01(m): 8:02pm On May 03
She doesn't need to go through JAMB to do medicine. She can as well used her BSC in chemistry as direct entry to enter as a medical student.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by femi4: 8:03pm On May 03
VeeVeeMyLuv:

BSc in basic science courses such as microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry then proceed to med surgery
The X is ASUU strike. ASUU dey US

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Privatepart00: 8:04pm On May 03
CSTRR:
Dann.

She is going to obliterate medical school.

A first class graduate of chemistry in the same class with small boys and girls who just finished secondary school and barely passed Jamb.

Her distinctions in medicine would be much.

It doesn’t work that way

If is that easy to obliterate, she would have entered DE and started in second year

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Judolisco(m): 8:05pm On May 03
MEEVEET:

It's very easy as far it's the same school

First class is powerful
first class Don plenty oh... Plus sch politics... At least no one can deny her with dis jamb score

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:05pm On May 03
femi4:
The X is ASUU strike. ASUU dey US
You are correct

ASUU strike is a big problem
A major impediment
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by DataMina: 8:06pm On May 03
She is passionate about being a Doctor

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by evictor305: 8:06pm On May 03
You just made the same mistake the person you quoted made.
Enemyofpeace:
you and this your made in aba English. What it you depends?
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Gerrard59(m): 8:07pm On May 03
A PhD in biomedical sciences or medicinal chemistry could have been okay. Also, she could have done the JAMB writing when she was either a first year or second or even third year Chemistry student at UNIZIK. Her choice nevertheless.

BTW, what was her final CGPA as a first graduate?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by ADecadeAddict: 8:07pm On May 03
MEEVEET:
Why not just do direct entry

First class in bio chemistry can easily get you to second year med-sug
Where you see biochemistry

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Cmanforall: 8:07pm On May 03
MMWandali:
She is determined

God help her

Why did she write the exam?
She would have gone in to study her dream course through direct entry or does that not exist anymore?
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by CSTRR: 8:07pm On May 03
Privatepart00:

It doesn’t work that way

If is that easy to obliterate, she would have entered DE and started in second year

It's not very easy to enter medicine as a DE.
They are extremely picky.

If she studied Medical Biochemistry or something in the life sciences, it would have been a bit easier.

And let's not kid ourselves.
She is going to eat medicine alive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Bongadu: 8:07pm On May 03
Make she come suvk my preek jare and forget school

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Omoluabi16(m): 8:08pm On May 03
On one hand, some of her mates are already building careers and starting a family. With all the uncertainties of life, why doesn't she just flow with it and start life rather than going for a reboot?

On the other hand.. what's life without living your dreams, achieving them? She could live to a 100, accomplish everything in her chemistry line and still nurse that regret? I will say do whatever makes you happy!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by ADecadeAddict: 8:08pm On May 03
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Biochemistry is basic science? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by samonak(m): 8:08pm On May 03
MEEVEET:

It's not wicked system it's competition

It depends on your post utme score or weac results
Competition wey person from Yobe with UTME score of 160 will be given medicine and surgery on merit list while someone with 300 from Anambra or IMO would not. Is that "competition" ?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by EmmyMaestro(m): 8:08pm On May 03
Reminds me of a time in school, I was still a student working in our faculty lab so one of my friends friend came to reprint his bio-data form meaning he was going to start from 100 level. When I asked him why he was doing so, he said the WAEC he used in getting the first admission was done with expo so he had to go and rewrite it to clear his conscience and we were already in 300 level o.
In my mind I said this guy tried o, if na me, I no know if if I fit

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Gerrard59(m): 8:09pm On May 03
Enemyofpeace:
as if education there is free of charge

Scholarship. She could have even written SAT to study Biology there and later changed to Medicine. She has ignorant advisers.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Gerrard59(m): 8:10pm On May 03
ADecadeAddict:
Biochemistry is basic science? Lol.

What else is it? Advanced science?
Re: Why I Wrote UTME Again, Unizik’s Best-graduating Student Reveals by Bananapill: 8:11pm On May 03
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/why-i-wrote-utme-again-uniziks-best-graduating-student-reveals/

First class chemistry graduate should apply for direct entry. Chemistry is tougher than medicine.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Protest Against Closure Of Tertiary Institutions / 16 Photos That Will Take You Back To Your Secondary School Inter-house Sports / FG Approves Abolition Of HND/BSC Dichotomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.