Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,917 members, 7,838,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Navigating The Pitfalls Of Online Ventures: A Guide To Sustainable Success - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Navigating The Pitfalls Of Online Ventures: A Guide To Sustainable Success (36 Views)

Proactive Server Monitoring Pitfalls / Obaseki, Indonesian President, Other Experts Tackle Barriers To Sustainable Tran / Winners Golden Chance Ventures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Navigating The Pitfalls Of Online Ventures: A Guide To Sustainable Success by Mikel57(m): 1:32pm On May 04
Sometimes I wonder why people have this "what if" situation embedded in their mindset. Do you doubt your abilities?

I chose to be a Marketer (Affiliate), but to tell you the truth, I didn't think for a moment that I would make it or even be the best at it, even though I haven't scratched the surface. My journey in the "make money online" realm started with FREE PLATFORMS, then I ventured into PONZI SCHEMES but didn't succeed. Africans, especially Nigerians, can relate because it's a common practice here.

These are the kind of things lazy teenagers do. Because what they don't know is that they are playing "Risk with Reward." In the end, they tend to regret, cry (sometimes), and get frustrated, wondering why the platform crashed or why it didn't work. This is one of the common problems with the platforms they invest in they often crash, leaving them with little to no profit and they live with it. It pains me to see them face this. I remember a video where Iman Gadzhi mentioned why investment is unwise for beginners - the risk to reward balance. Most beginners always want quick money, something they don't have to stress themselves about. But why do they think this is simpler than investing in a life-changing course, book, training, or mentorship that could change their financial life?

Now I see why marketers advise against indulging in PONZI SCHEMES, even though they're common. Most marketers started there and ended up nowhere until they took up a skill that could change their life.

One thing people don't understand is the potential ahead of them in buying an expensive or cheap course.

Don't get me wrong; people can still buy digital courses/ebooks to learn a skill and benefit nothing from them if the value offered is pointless. So my advice is to take a course but also "Choose your information correctly." If you don't want to buy a course/ebook, you can learn organically, i.e., through YouTube I highly recommend it. YouTube is a learning studio for beginners who do not wish to spend and also it's the second largest search engine after Google. So there's a massive amount of information available. Even I didn't buy a single course, though I had them at my disposal. I used YouTube most of the time and got the value I needed. But those videos aren't as packed with valuable information as a course could provide. That's why I took the UIG Course (Ultimate Income Generator) made by my mentor. Funny enough, you go to university to extend your educational knowledge, so why not take a course?

The most popular online businesses here in Nigeria are PONZI SCHEMES, Content Creation & Affiliate Marketing. I wonder which is getting the upper hand. Affiliate Marketing should, why? It's easier to start, but most people see it as stressful or hard. It can be hard if you don't have the right information and guidance. But what if you do? Can you make the most out of it? Can you be consistent? Another thing people should know is marketers advise against taking affiliate marketing as a "GET RICH QUICK SCHEME " I.e the likes of PONZI SCHEMES. You will fail if you do. Affiliate Marketing is simple if you understand it. Get information, learn it, and implement. I remember a word that the prince of copywriting, Emmanuel Akpe, said, "If you know your onions, you'll eat your suya," meaning, "If you have the right information, you can succeed," no matter the outcome.

Leave PONZI SCHEMES; they won't fetch you anything. They may get you a couple of thousands, not millions but there's always a but. Do you know that you, who's just starting up, is competing against thousands of successful investors who know the tricks, tactics, and truths about those platforms? They would never tell you all they say is invest now while it's early and gain, which makes you an entire loser in the game because you know nothing more than just the basics.

But if you invest your time in learning skills such as Sales and Marketing, Content Creation, Copywriting, Website Design, Graphic Design, Ghostwriting, Social Media Management (SMMA), and more, you stand a chance of being a winner among your peers in the game. No one would give you information on these skills without mentorship or guidance if guidance isn't involved it's entirely a waste. Having a good mentor or advisor in your business is essential for growth.

A good mentor wouldn't lie to you; they'd be ready to reveal their secrets for your success. All you need to do is be attentive and listen to them, and you're on the path to achieving that goal. In cases like sales & marketing and content creation, a good mentor would come in handy.

If you can understand and apply this as a beginner, you will surely succeed.

So choose wisely.

So having said this, I hope this information gives you a push in the right direction to avoid PONZI SCHEMES and anything short of investment as a beginner. If yes, please like, follow, and comment.

And share this with anyone who you think might benefit from this information.

I'll leave you with my word: I await your success, and I'll see you in the next.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Development Training In Abuja Nigeria / Unlock Your Potential With The Digital Age / Beginner's Guide To Affiliate Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.