Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? (2201 Views)

Dr Paul Enenche's Visit To Agatu Land / Revelation: The Mystery Of Heaven And Hell / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Joagbaje(m): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2011
It is observed that many Christians today only dwell on the gospels as their main references when it comes to understanding new testament teachings. Primarily because they are Words of christ "in Red".

Firstly we must know that Jesus didn't tell us everything. In the teachings of the gospels. We have had people criticise some of us for dwelling on the Pauline epistles as though we have exalted paul above Jesus christ .

Secondly we must know that jesus didn't write any book. The only writing we know of was the one he wrote on the ground. All that we read in the gospels were people's account .The book of Mark was not written by an apostle , it was written by John mark who was a companion of Paul until paul sent him back. He wasn't among the twelve disciples of christ. Same things goes for luke,he want among the 12 apostles ,he was also a companion of paul. The book of Luke and the acts of apostles which he wrote were his personal letters to a man called theophilus.Only Mattew and John were among the 12 apostles .

Which one has superiority between the gospels and the Pauline epistle? It is left for you to determine. One of the things I will like to clarify here is the fact that Jesus didn't tell the disciples everything. Secondly the church was not yet born. Even though there are truths contained in the gospels ,the full revelation of the church wasn't given yet. Because the apostles were not yet born again and By that they haven received the holy spirit. The revelations of God are in the holy spirit .he is the one that can show us who we are. Because Jesus hadn't died, their spirits were yet unregenerated. And there was much they could comprehend.

John 16:12-14
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come

Now that the holy spirit had come, deeper truths are being revealed by him to the church. It will be error for us to dwell only on the teachings of the gospel alone. There are deeper truths in Pauline epistles More so ,he was the apostle sent to the Gentiles .

1 Corinthians 2:10-12
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God

All the things that Jesus found hard to communicate to the disciples were revealed to Paul . If any mn has to excell in doctrine of truth, he has to dwell on the teachings of Paul.

Paul didn't create his own teaching, even though he was not privileged o be part of the immediate disciples ,Jesus chose him and poured these deep truths into him

Galatians 1:11-12
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ

If a msn only dwell on the teachibgs of the gospels only,he woll only be a religious baby. If a man has yo grwo spirituslly, he has to move up and dwell on the teachings of paul. He is not a rivwl to christ teaching, he is rather a compliment. listening to Paul is actually listening to Christ. He was chosen to have the revelation of Jesus and the church.

Galatians 1:15-16
But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen. . .
:
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2011
May you grow up and stop dividing Christ. May you come to understand that the Word is God, not Paul, Mark and Luke. May God help you believe and increase your faith. May He save you from deep yet sinking truths that do not place you in a position of victory over sin, satan and worldliness.
These are my prayers for you today, in Jesus' name.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Joagbaje(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2011
Pls explain yourself.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2011
It is self-explanatory. Nothing is gained by exalting Paul or his teachings.

1. It's either you believe that the Bible is the revealed Word of God or you do not. You cannot choose to discredit portions of the Bible on any basis whatsoever - regeneration, receiving the Holy Spirit, etc. Even Paul said ALL scripture is given by inspiration, not just Pauline epistles.
2. Even before Paul and the New Testament, God has been revealing DEEP things to His people. To quote something from Paul and make it suggest that Paul was the only one that received deep things is to prove your argument with your argument. That's logically fallacious.
3. We also hear the suggestion that Peter acknowledged that Paul's teachings were hard for him to understand. Yet, Peter said no such thing.
4. It is true that Jesus made it clear He will reveal additional stuff to His disciples. He never said it would be through only one person or two. Nor did he say that the words of one disciple should be exalted above others, including Jesus's words. All scripture should be read in harmony.
5. The people that harp on Paul usually do so out of convenience or to show their own superiority. If they followed Paul strictly, they would never preach things like tithes or first fruits. How come the person with the deep revelation forgot something on which churches spend so much effort?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2011
nlMediator:

Sure it is. . . but l can't find anybody making claims of gains let alone exalting Paul or his teachings.
nlMediator:

1. It's either you believe that the Bible is the revealed Word of God or you do not. You cannot choose to discredit portions of the Bible on any basis whatsoever - regeneration, receiving the Holy Spirit, etc. Even Paul said ALL scripture is given by inspiration, not just Pauline epistles.
please l think you should read the post again but your statements with all due respects seem to suggest that you perhaps didn't carefully read through the post. Because l cannot find any similitude of an intent based on choice to discredit portions of the Bible why should anyone do that or attempt to do that because 2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness". It is profitable meaning that;  "it is usefu"l, "it is appropriate", "it is well suited for", bearing this in mind it would be insane to even attempt to discredit any portion.

nlMediator:

2. Even before Paul and the New Testament, God has been revealing DEEP things to His people. To quote something from Paul and make it suggest that Paul was the only one that received deep things is to prove your argument with your argument. That's logically fallacious.
The point is simple Paul was an apostle "primarily" ordained and sent to the gentiles so without any discredit to other disciples or apostle it is only logical to accept the postulation that Christ revealled to him details about this gospel as it concerns the gentile church
Galasians 1:15-16
15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
HIS LAST STATEMENT SUGGEST THAT IT WAS DIVINE

nlMediator:

3. We also hear the suggestion that Peter acknowledged that Paul's teachings were hard for him to understand. Yet, Peter said no such thing.
You are sure and convinced he (Peter) didn't?
Then what do you have to say about this
2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2011
I read this and thought to share it. . .
PAUL’S OFFICE

Paul had no direct contact with Jesus before his experience on the Damascus Road.  For all we can tell, this man was a complete stranger to the fellowship that gathered around Jesus before the crucifixion.  Who ordered him, and how came he to be acknowledged by churchmen as an apostle on par with the Twelve?  There is absolutely no mention of him in the gospels, even in Luke's Gospel, though he may have been in Jerusalem during the periods of Jesus’ ministry there.  He must, as a student of Gamaliel the great Pharisee teacher, (or so Luke has him saying – Acts 22:3) have been informed of the events surrounding Jesus' arrest and execution.  Our first knowledge of him is in the Acts when, during the martyrdom of Stephen, he stood by and held the garments of those who cast the stones.  Paul (according to Luke) also confirms his participation in the event, in his defense before the Sanhedrin after being arrested in Jerusalem prior to his first imprisonment in Rome (Acts 22:30).  But he was never in the company of Jesus (at least, there is no record of such), and had no association with the Twelve until after his experience on the Damascus Road.  He was a complete stranger.

Jesus chose only twelve apostles and named them.  Paul was not among them.  Then he promised them that they should sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.  Their number therefore corresponds to the number of the tribes of Israel, and we have no indication that Jesus intended to add others.  Of course, Judas' betrayal and demise left only eleven.  Could Paul have seen himself as filling the vacancy?  No, for he would surely have made that his claim.  The fact is that the remaining eleven were instrumental in the selection of Matthias to fill this vacancy as even Luke informs us in The Acts, and had Paul seen himself as being Judas' replacement, Luke would certainly have seen him as such.  I believe, nevertheless, that Paul was Judas's successor – as traitor!  Judas betrayed him in his flesh; Paul betrayed him in his spirit.

A clue as to how Paul viewed his apostleship
Luke's account of the story of Paul's “revelation” in Acts 9 may give us our first clue as to how Paul conceived his apostleship and justified his claim to that high and exalted position in the fellowship of Jesus.
Having been blinded by the brilliant light outside the city of Damascus, he was led into the city where for three days he was without sight and neither ate nor drank.  Then the Lord appeared to a disciple at Damascus, Ananias by name, and sent him to Paul that he might regain his sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.  Ananias objected because he had heard of Paul's reputation as a persecutor of the followers of Jesus but the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel . . , "  Now, since the twelve Apostles chosen by Jesus already occupied the ministry to the sons of Israel, Paul from the beginning must have seen his ministry as focused on the Gentiles, who were listed first in the heavenly vision to Ananias as recounted by Paul to Luke.   Thus Paul, writing in the Galatian letter, recounts his version of a meeting with Peter, James and John in Jerusalem that concluded, according to Paul, with the agreement between them that they (Peter, James and John) would focus their ministry on the circumcised, whereas Paul and Barnabus would go to the Gentiles.  Paul says of this meeting:

. . . when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter for the mission to the circumcised worked through me also for the Gentiles (Galatians 2:7,cool.
In writing thus, has he not clearly defined his apostleship, with himself being the apostle to the Gentiles, just as Peter and the others of the Twelve are the apostles to the twelve tribes of the circumcision?

Luke's Background and Relation to Paul
If Luke was a native of Psidian Antioch as David Smith supposes, then the sermon Paul preached there, related by Luke in Acts 13, may have been the very sermon that resulted in Luke's conversion to Jesus.  His detailed account of the sermon suggests that he may even have recorded it in short hand as Paul preached, and certainly suggests that he was there and gave careful attention to what was said.
Luke was an uncircumcised Greek and likely was also one of the Gentile "God fearers" attached to the synagogue in Antioch.  He was careful to provide clues placing him in the congregation that heard Paul's sermon.  He has Paul introducing the sermon with the words,

Men of Israel, and you that fear God, listen . . ,
Then, at the conclusion of the sermon, Luke writes:
When the meeting of the synagogue broke up, many Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to continue in the Grace of God.
We are then told that on the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered together to hear the word of God, but the sight of the multitude excited the Jews to jealousy so that they contradicted what Paul said.  Luke's narrative continues:
And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken first to you.  Since you thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.  For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth" (Isaiah 49:6). And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of God; and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed (Acts 13:46-48).
A shiver moves down my spine as I realize that Luke may be describing his own conversion!

The Biblical Source of Paul’s Commission as Apostle:
Paul’s speech to the Jews at Antioch gives intimation of the source of his conviction of his office as Apostle to the Gentiles.  He claims a calling that antedates the call of Jesus to the Twelve, as the light for the Gentiles quotation comes from Isaiah 49:6 (this is applied to Jesus in Luke 2:32) and Paul saw it as a special commission directed to him, and perhaps also to Barnabas.   A further indication of this comes in Paul's account of his calling in Galatians where we read:
But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles . . ,
This is again a reference to Isaiah 49, v. 2, where the prophet says,
The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name, and v. 5, The Lord says, who formed me from the womb to be his   servant . . ,
Isaiah 49 further explains Paul's ambition to go to Spain, in its promise to send him to the uttermost parts of the earth, which, in Paul's time, with its Pillars of Hercules, represented the uttermost parts. (Acts 13:47, Isaiah 49:6, repeated below)
Paul surely understood that this was a source of his commission.  This shows up in other passages such as Philippians 2:16, where Paul writes of his expectation of being proud of the Philippian Christians on the Day of Christ, when it will be shown that he did not "labor in vain," an expression that harks back to Isaiah 49:4: But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the Lord, and my recompense with my God."  He seems to have taken this passage as a forewarning to do all in his power to see that his labors were not in vain.

We see this popping up again in I Corinthians, where he wrote:

Working together with him, then, we entreat you not to accept the grace of God in vain.  For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation."
This quotation being, again, from Isaiah 49:8.  Paul sees himself as the one called from the womb of his mother and hidden away in the Lord's quiver like a polished arrow (Isaiah 49:2).  It is reasonable to suppose that Luke, the young convert, was so powerfully impressed by the words of Paul as to accept this as the authorization of Paul’s ministry from the very beginning of his (Luke's) experience with Jesus.  There is no good reason to doubt that this was Paul's understanding of his office and apostleship.  On this basis he surely saw his apostleship as antedating and therefore superior to that of the Twelve
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2011
This is the conclution of the whole matter
Ephesians 2:20
King James Version (KJV)
20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone
1 Corinthians 1:12-13
King James Version (KJV)
12Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Corinthians 3:5(NIV)
What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe--as the Lord has assigned to each his task.

(NLT)
After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God's servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us

1 Corinthians 3:6
I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Joagbaje(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
nlMediator:

It's not self explanatory at all. Because what he said doesn't relate to the spirit of my post or it's simplicity. You should let image 123 clarify himself

There is higher level of truth and lesser truths. All are based on certain principles. Don't be too quick to criticise what you don't understand. You should rather ask question.

Pls study your bible first, read Pauline epistles with open heart.

Peter acknowledge some of pails teachings were hard to be understood.

4. It is true that Jesus made it clear He will reveal additional stuff to His disciples. He never said it would be through only one person or two. Nor did he say that the words of one disciple should be exalted above others, including Jesus's words. All scripture should be read in harmony.

Youre Veering too far off.I'm contrasting between those who rather dwell on the teachings in the gospels and refuse to study the deeper teachings of Pauline epistles ,claiming the gospels are the words of Jesus and by that carry superiority. so don't ,miss my point

5. The people that harp on Paul usually do so out of convenience or to show their own superiority.

The epistles are for us all. That's why I'm giving invitation to everybody o come and see the treasure in the epistles .

[/quote]If they followed Paul strictly, they would never preach things like tithes or first fruits. [quote]

God never did away with them. Paiul himself taught on it.

1 Corinthians 9:13-14
13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

How come the person with the deep revelation forgot something on which churches spend so much effort?

you have so much assumptions. Read my opening thread again with a fresh open heart. You don't sound as though you even understand it
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^^^^
Perhaps you should initiate a new topic dedicated to discussing these leters of the apostle Paul you never could tell that could just be the much needed tonic that would inspire interest in the heart of many especially those who are objectively minded.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

It's not self explanatory at all. Because what he said doesn't relate to the spirit of my post or it's simplicity. You should let image 123 clarify himself

There is higher level of truth and lesser truths. All are based on certain principles. Don't be too quick to criticise what you don't understand. You should rather ask question.

Pls study your bible first, read Pauline epistles with open heart.

Peter acknowledge some of pails teachings were hard to be understood.

Youre Veering too far off.I'm contrasting between those who rather dwell on the teachings in the gospels and refuse to study the deeper teachings of Pauline epistles ,claiming the gospels are the words of Jesus and by that carry superiority. so don't ,miss my point

The epistles are for us all. That's why I'm giving invitation to everybody o come and see the treasure in the epistles .

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

you have so much assumptions. Read my opening thread again with a fresh open heart. You don't sound as though you even understand it

1. It's quite possible that I didn't understand your post. Perhaps because I didn't read well or because the message is too high. Either way, the imortant thing is that I express my opinion and learn as I get further clarification or even correction.

2. Making my point is a way of asking questions. Posing ten questions for you may not come off quite well. Key thing is that if you see any area of misunderstanding, you provide clarification.

3. If your post is directed at those who'd lift the gospels over the epistles, I'm with you.

4. Peter did not say that Paul's teachings was hard for HIM. It was hard for some people, specially those who were twisting it.

5. I decided to re-read your post. I may have missed one or two little things, but not much. But I saw this part more clearly: "All the things that Jesus found hard to communicate to the disciples were revealed to Paul . If any mn has to excell in doctrine of truth, he has to dwell on the teachings of Paul."

You made 2 claims there that are purely your personal opinion, unsupported by scripture. Nothing in the Bible says that ALL that Jesus found hard to communicate was revealed to Paul. So, the rest of the NT is milk? Or the claim that only through Paul's writings can one excel? Again, the rest of the NT is there to serve what purpose - breed mediocrity?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 10:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
newmi:

Sure it is. . . but l can't find anybody making claims of gains let alone exalting Paul or his teachings.please l think you should read the post again but your statements with all due respects seem to suggest that you perhaps didn't carefully read through the post. Because l cannot find any similitude of an intent based on choice to discredit portions of the Bible why should anyone do that or attempt to do that because 2 Timothy 3:16 "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness". It is profitable meaning that; "it is usefu"l, "it is appropriate", "it is well suited for", bearing this in mind it would be insane to even attempt to discredit any portion.
The point is simple Paul was an apostle "primarily" ordained and sent to the gentiles so without any discredit to other disciples or apostle it is only logical to accept the postulation that Christ revealled to him details about this gospel as it concerns the gentile church
Galasians 1:15-16
15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
HIS LAST STATEMENT SUGGEST THAT IT WAS DIVINE
You are sure and convinced he (Peter) didn't?
Then what do you have to say about this
2 Peter 3:14-16
14 Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; 15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

1. If Paul's teachings are not being exalted what do you make of this?

"All the things that Jesus found hard to communicate to the disciples were revealed to Paul . If any mn has to excell in doctrine of truth, he has to dwell on the teachings of Paul."

2. From what you quoted, you can see that Peter never said Paul's teachings were hard for HIM, which is the claim you're trying to debunk. You really thought I didn't know of that scripture before I made my observation? The point is that Peter is presented as this inferior guy who could not understand the hard revelation Paul had. There's no truth to that from Scriptures.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
Joagbaje:

Saying that God never did away with them and that Paul taught on them are 2 different claims. You have no scriptural support for the second claim. The portion you quoted mentions neither tithes nor firstfruits. Paul was talking about supporting ministers and countless ministries and millions of christians over centuries have proven that you can support ministers without tithes and firstfruits. So, trying to read tithes and first fruits into that scripture is completely unconvincing.

Besides, when tithes and firstfruits are preached, they're preached primarily on the basis that they're the foundation to the christian's financial blessings. Not only does the scripture you quoted not say that, but you'd think that Paul with his higher and deeper revelation would say so. Instead those who emphasize tithes and first fruits as foundational to prosperity resort to other books of the Bible and ancient practices. That automatically contradicts your point that Paul had ALL the revelation needed to excel. If he couldn't teach on something that foundational, it means that other scriptures are equally as important. Otherwise, the claim that tithes and firstfruits are foundational is false. Both ideas ("Paul is ALL" & "tithes are FOUNDATIONAL"wink cannot co-exist.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2011
newmi:

I read this and thought to share it. . .
PAUL’S OFFICE

Paul had no direct contact with Jesus before his experience on the Damascus Road. For all we can tell, this man was a complete stranger to the fellowship that gathered around Jesus before the crucifixion. Who ordered him, and how came he to be acknowledged by churchmen as an apostle on par with the Twelve? There is absolutely no mention of him in the gospels, even in Luke's Gospel, though he may have been in Jerusalem during the periods of Jesus’ ministry there. He must, as a student of Gamaliel the great Pharisee teacher, (or so Luke has him saying – Acts 22:3) have been informed of the events surrounding Jesus' arrest and execution. Our first knowledge of him is in the Acts when, during the martyrdom of Stephen, he stood by and held the garments of those who cast the stones. Paul (according to Luke) also confirms his participation in the event, in his defense before the Sanhedrin after being arrested in Jerusalem prior to his first imprisonment in Rome (Acts 22:30). But he was never in the company of Jesus (at least, there is no record of such), and had no association with the Twelve until after his experience on the Damascus Road. He was a complete stranger.

Jesus chose only twelve apostles and named them. Paul was not among them. Then he promised them that they should sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Their number therefore corresponds to the number of the tribes of Israel, and we have no indication that Jesus intended to add others. Of course, Judas' betrayal and demise left only eleven. Could Paul have seen himself as filling the vacancy? No, for he would surely have made that his claim. The fact is that the remaining eleven were instrumental in the selection of Matthias to fill this vacancy as even Luke informs us in The Acts, and had Paul seen himself as being Judas' replacement, Luke would certainly have seen him as such. I believe, nevertheless, that Paul was Judas's successor – as traitor! Judas betrayed him in his flesh; Paul betrayed him in his spirit.

A clue as to how Paul viewed his apostleship
Luke's account of the story of Paul's “revelation” in Acts 9 may give us our first clue as to how Paul conceived his apostleship and justified his claim to that high and exalted position in the fellowship of Jesus.
Having been blinded by the brilliant light outside the city of Damascus, he was led into the city where for three days he was without sight and neither ate nor drank. Then the Lord appeared to a disciple at Damascus, Ananias by name, and sent him to Paul that he might regain his sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit. Ananias objected because he had heard of Paul's reputation as a persecutor of the followers of Jesus but the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel . . , " Now, since the twelve Apostles chosen by Jesus already occupied the ministry to the sons of Israel, Paul from the beginning must have seen his ministry as focused on the Gentiles, who were listed first in the heavenly vision to Ananias as recounted by Paul to Luke. Thus Paul, writing in the Galatian letter, recounts his version of a meeting with Peter, James and John in Jerusalem that concluded, according to Paul, with the agreement between them that they (Peter, James and John) would focus their ministry on the circumcised, whereas Paul and Barnabus would go to the Gentiles. Paul says of this meeting:

. . . when they saw that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been entrusted with the gospel to the circumcised (for he who worked through Peter for the mission to the circumcised worked through me also for the Gentiles (Galatians 2:7,cool.
In writing thus, has he not clearly defined his apostleship, with himself being the apostle to the Gentiles, just as Peter and the others of the Twelve are the apostles to the twelve tribes of the circumcision?

Luke's Background and Relation to Paul
If Luke was a native of Psidian Antioch as David Smith supposes, then the sermon Paul preached there, related by Luke in Acts 13, may have been the very sermon that resulted in Luke's conversion to Jesus. His detailed account of the sermon suggests that he may even have recorded it in short hand as Paul preached, and certainly suggests that he was there and gave careful attention to what was said.
Luke was an uncircumcised Greek and likely was also one of the Gentile "God fearers" attached to the synagogue in Antioch. He was careful to provide clues placing him in the congregation that heard Paul's sermon. He has Paul introducing the sermon with the words,

Men of Israel, and you that fear God, listen . . ,
Then, at the conclusion of the sermon, Luke writes:
When the meeting of the synagogue broke up, many Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who spoke to them and urged them to continue in the Grace of God.
We are then told that on the next Sabbath almost the whole city gathered together to hear the word of God, but the sight of the multitude excited the Jews to jealousy so that they contradicted what Paul said. Luke's narrative continues:
And Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly, saying, "It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken first to you. Since you thrust it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles. For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "I have set you to be a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the uttermost parts of the earth" (Isaiah 49:6). And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of God; and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed (Acts 13:46-48).
A shiver moves down my spine as I realize that Luke may be describing his own conversion!

The Biblical Source of Paul’s Commission as Apostle:
Paul’s speech to the Jews at Antioch gives intimation of the source of his conviction of his office as Apostle to the Gentiles. He claims a calling that antedates the call of Jesus to the Twelve, as the light for the Gentiles quotation comes from Isaiah 49:6 (this is applied to Jesus in Luke 2:32) and Paul saw it as a special commission directed to him, and perhaps also to Barnabas. A further indication of this comes in Paul's account of his calling in Galatians where we read:
But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles . . ,
This is again a reference to Isaiah 49, v. 2, where the prophet says,
The Lord called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name, and v. 5, The Lord says, who formed me from the womb to be his servant . . ,
Isaiah 49 further explains Paul's ambition to go to Spain, in its promise to send him to the uttermost parts of the earth, which, in Paul's time, with its Pillars of Hercules, represented the uttermost parts. (Acts 13:47, Isaiah 49:6, repeated below)
Paul surely understood that this was a source of his commission. This shows up in other passages such as Philippians 2:16, where Paul writes of his expectation of being proud of the Philippian Christians on the Day of Christ, when it will be shown that he did not "labor in vain," an expression that harks back to Isaiah 49:4: But I said, "I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and vanity; yet surely my right is with the Lord, and my recompense with my God." He seems to have taken this passage as a forewarning to do all in his power to see that his labors were not in vain.

We see this popping up again in I Corinthians, where he wrote:

Working together with him, then, we entreat you not to accept the grace of God in vain. For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation."
This quotation being, again, from Isaiah 49:8. Paul sees himself as the one called from the womb of his mother and hidden away in the Lord's quiver like a polished arrow (Isaiah 49:2). It is reasonable to suppose that Luke, the young convert, was so powerfully impressed by the words of Paul as to accept this as the authorization of Paul’s ministry from the very beginning of his (Luke's) experience with Jesus. There is no good reason to doubt that this was Paul's understanding of his office and apostleship. On this basis he surely saw his apostleship as antedating and therefore superior to that of the Twelve

I see at least 2 points of emphasis here: Paul's superior minsitry and his apostleship to the gentiles. First of all, I don't know why any of this is important. Second, it is not clear to me what they mean: does it mean a Jewish convert should not bother with Paul, since God sent him to the Gentiles? Besides, does it mean that Gentile converts should concentrate on Paul? To what purpose? The Bible is one and applies to all christians.

The other day, I read something about the Believer's Authority by Kenneth Hagin as being an influential book to the obviously Gentile convert. But if I recall correctly in that book, when Jesus appeared to Bro. Hagin, He gave him scriptural basis for the believer's authority. Jesus quoted from Matthew/Mark, Paul, Peter and James. Don't you think it would have made more sense for Jesus to say: "Kenneth, you're a gentile convert. Focus on Paul. I know there are other relevant scriptures but those are not important to you. Moreso, Paul has the deep revelation and higher truth."?

Please guys, let's move away from these meaningless controversies that only serve to deepen the divide among christians. With hardly any beneficial results to those who fan its embers.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Joagbaje(m): 11:21pm On Nov 24, 2011
nlMediator:

Saying that God never did away with them and that Paul taught on them are 2 different claims. You have no scriptural support for the second claim. The portion you quoted mentions neither tithes nor firstfruits. Paul was talking about supporting ministers and countless ministries and millions of christians over centuries have proven that you can support ministers without tithes and firstfruits. So, trying to read tithes and first fruits into that scripture is completely unconvincing.

The primary way ministers were supported is through tithes and offerings to God. He doesn't have to mention first fruits because its an offering .If you say tithes is done away, then you're saying offering is done away also because they are based on the same principles of worshiping God by faith with our resouces. Do you believe in giving offering in church? Do you give offering to God?

Besides, when tithes and firstfruits are preached, they're preached primarily on the basis that they're the foundation to the christian's financial blessings. Not only does the scripture you quoted not say that, but you'd think that Paul with his higher and deeper revelation would say so. Instead those who emphasize tithes and first fruits as foundational to prosperity resort to other books of the Bible and ancient practices. That automatically contradicts your point that Paul had ALL the revelation needed to excel. If he couldn't teach on something that foundational, it means that other scriptures are equally as important. Otherwise, the claim that tithes and firstfruits are foundational is false. Both ideas ("Paul is ALL" & "tithes are FOUNDATIONAL"wink cannot co-exist.

You should understand that principles are eternal.  Prayers, offerings,tithing, sowing,righteous living  etc.are all based on spiritual laws and principles. They transcend dispensations, we cannot outgrow them. That's why certain things which are based on principles under the law are still applicable till now. E.g honouring your parents and living long. Sowing and reaping etc. Calling something foundational does not mean childish. The foundation is the principle  which structures are built.

[quote][/quote]
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 1:08am On Nov 25, 2011
nlMediator, o se. Thanks for mediating, couldn't have said it better ithink.
Jo, you should be saying 'amen', not asking for explanation of my prayers, is it that deep or high? The disciples turned THE WORLD upside down, here you are turning THE BIBLE upside down. May God help you in Jesus' name.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Joagbaje(m): 5:05am On Nov 25, 2011
^^^^^^
Image123:
Jo, you should be saying 'amen', not asking for explanation of my prayers,

If you don't have something meaningful to contribute sir, let me be. Your religious prayer is more like a polite insult.I see it as carnal an unedifying. I understsnd such language. You can keep the prayers for yourself thanks.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by tpia5: 5:10am On Nov 25, 2011
Jesus himself quoted and studied the old testament.

likewise his followers.

let's learn from that.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by HISchild: 7:03am On Nov 25, 2011
The bottom line is - “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

From cover to cover, Genesis through Revelation, is harmonious. Praise GOD.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

^^^^^^
If you don't have something meaningful to contribute sir, let me be. Your religious prayer is more like a polite insult.I see it as carnal an unedifying. I understsnd such language. You can keep the prayers for yourself thanks.
Jo, if you understand my language, is it not hypocritical to demand an explanation? Why are you politely insulting me by calling me sir and in the same vein telling me to keep quiet?
I have to pray for you, I'll be disobeying God if i didn't pray for you, thanks.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Joagbaje:

The primary way ministers were supported is through tithes and offerings to God. He doesn't have to mention first fruits because its an offering .If you say tithes is done away, then you're saying offering is done away also because they are based on the same principles of worshiping God by faith with our resouces. Do you believe in giving offering in church? Do you give offering to God?

You should understand that principles are eternal. Prayers, offerings,tithing, sowing,righteous living etc.are all based on spiritual laws and principles. They transcend dispensations, we cannot outgrow them. That's why certain things which are based on principles under the law are still applicable till now. E.g honouring your parents and living long. Sowing and reaping etc. Calling something foundational does not mean childish. The foundation is the principle which structures are built.

I don’t know if you if you realize you’re making my point and undermining yours. First, the question on this thread is not whether tithing is valid, but whether Paul preached it. Second, I’ve been consistently using ‘foundational’ in this discussion in the same sense you mentioned – as an important first step upon which other steps are built. Third, stating that tithing is dispensational means that you agree that this “deep truth” was revealed to others before Paul – the same point I’ve been making that God has been revealing deep truths way before Paul. All of these suggest that we can find the whole truth in the whole Bible, not by isolating one writer and claiming that he has all the revelation we need.

I find it interesting that you continue to link Paul to tithing. I’ve been in several churches and each time I’ve heard the tithe message preached, nobody has ever referred to Paul. It’s always to Genesis (Abram) and Malachi (and sometimes Leviticus). That you want to link Paul to it suggests you understand that for both your doctrine of tithes in the modern Church and your elevation of Paul to hold true, you must claim that Paul preached on tithes. But the questions you cannot answer are: If he wanted to talk about tithes, why not do what every writer on tithes have done – use the word “tithe”? Why bring it in indirectly, especially when Paul is well-known for being direct?

I don’t know why it is hard for you understand that God can abolish tithes without abolishing giving. Especially when the basis for God-instituted tithe (not the voluntary one) is clearly spelt out in the Bible (the levites did not inherit land) and God do away with the instruction when the same circumstances are no longer present. To answer your question directly, I believe in giving and so does Paul and my church.

I have my own question for you too: why did Jesus teach Kenneth Hagin about the believer’s authority by referencing the gospels and other writers besides Paul, when Paul alone would have been sufficient as the apostle to the gentiles?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Barrrich: 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2011
There is so much to learn from this post as this is a very important exposition of the basic fundamentals of christianity which are in the Epistles of Paul. Let me share this.

According to the Bible, the purpose for Paul's call into the ministry was:

", to make thee a minister and a witness both of these same things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Acts 26:16-18.

A good study of the Pauline Epistles therefore will reveal to the Christian, basic doctrines of the Christian faith which will make him wise unto salvation.

1. How can a man be saved?

Paul teaches us in Rom 10:9-10, whereas if you look at the gospels you would not find any exposition on this subject. The closest to this is found in John where he tells us, ", as many as received him to them he gave power to become the sons of God, which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God".John 1:12-13.

So what does a man need to do to get this life?

Paul tells us: ", if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. Rom 10:9.
He goes further to explain, "For with the heart man believeth unto rightousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".Rom 10:10.

2. A good study of the Epistles of Paul will make the Christian understand certain basic doctrines of christianity like righteousness. You will understand righteousness in the old testament and righteousness in the New testament and get to understand that righteousness in the old testament was given as a post dated cheque which could not be spent until the coming of the messiah.

3. Similarly, the Christian will get to understand the place of the Jews in the plan of God, and what God is looking at now, the new creation, Gal 6:15, who he tells us is ",  a life giving spirit, born after the 2nd Adam,  1 Cor 15:47-49.

There is so much that a Christian will get to understand on the finished works of Christ by diligently studying the Pauline Epistles. Paul himself was a very studious man as he was able to study the Books of the Law and relate them with the New Testament, which is actually the birth of the Church.

So, there is no gainsaying in asserting that this post seeks to magnify the teachings of Paul above the teachings of Christ, but every Christian that really wants to grow to full maturity will need to get himself acquainted with the teachings of Apostle Paul as regards the new creation. No wonder, the Epistles of Apostle Paul make up about one third of the New Testament.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2011
Stop wrongly dividing the Word of truth. The scriptures make one wise unto salvation. It's poison to allege that it is pauline epistles that make one wise unto salvation. The Spirit of God has given a wonderful unity and harmony to the Bible. Repent of your carnal comparisons, divisions and awards.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:46pm On Nov 26, 2011
Image123:

nlMediator, o se. Thanks for mediating, couldn't have said it better ithink.
Jo, you should be saying 'amen', not asking for explanation of my prayers, is it that deep or high? The disciples turned THE WORLD upside down, here you are turning THE BIBLE upside down. May God help you in Jesus' name.

grin grin grin Image123, you hard o! At least give the man some credit for his stand on tithes and offering. wink
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2011
Barr rich:

There is so much to learn from this post as this is a very important exposition of the basic fundamentals of christianity which are in the Epistles of Paul. Let me share this.

According to the Bible, the purpose for Paul's call into the ministry was:

", to make thee a minister and a witness both of these same things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me". Acts 26:16-18.

A good study of the Pauline Epistles therefore will reveal to the Christian, basic doctrines of the Christian faith which will make him wise unto salvation.

1. How can a man be saved?

Paul teaches us in Rom 10:9-10, whereas if you look at the gospels you would not find any exposition on this subject. The closest to this is found in John where he tells us, ", as many as received him to them he gave power to become the sons of God, which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God".John 1:12-13.

So what does a man need to do to get this life?

Paul tells us: ", if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved. Rom 10:9.
He goes further to explain, "For with the heart man believeth unto rightousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation".Rom 10:10.

2. A good study of the Epistles of Paul will make the Christian understand certain basic doctrines of christianity like righteousness. You will understand righteousness in the old testament and righteousness in the New testament and get to understand that righteousness in the old testament was given as a post dated cheque which could not be spent until the coming of the messiah.

3. Similarly, the Christian will get to understand the place of the Jews in the plan of God, and what God is looking at now, the new creation, Gal 6:15, who he tells us is ", a life giving spirit, born after the 2nd Adam, 1 Cor 15:47-49.

There is so much that a Christian will get to understand on the finished works of Christ by diligently studying the Pauline Epistles. Paul himself was a very studious man as he was able to study the Books of the Law and relate them with the New Testament, which is actually the birth of the Church. ignoring or

So, there is no gainsaying in asserting that this post seeks to magnify the teachings of Paul above the teachings of Christ, but every Christian that really wants to grow to full maturity will need to get himself acquainted with the teachings of Apostle Paul as regards the new creation. No wonder, the Epistles of Apostle Paul make up about one third of the New Testament.

What I'm beginning to notice in christians is a curious habit of choosing what to believe, finding scriptures that support it, and explaining away anything to the contrary - using any convenient excuse. The good thing, though, is that many of such people are well-intentioned.

1. On salvation, has it occurred to you that multitudes were saved even before Paul received his own salvation, much less the revelation about Rom. 10: 9-10?

2. When Jesus spoke to Peter about building His Church and the gates of hell would not prevail, what Church was that? Where was Paul then? Is the revelation on which the Church would be built unique to Paul, so much that everybody had to wait till Paul got saved, got revelation and shared with us?

3. Was Paul the only person that taught on righteousness for believers?

4. Was it Paul that told us that we hare a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a unique people , . .

The funny thing is that many of you are quick to quote Peter and James when it suits you but discard them when you can hide under Paul to achieve whatever purpose you're looking at at that moment.

Interesting that God chose to reveal baby food to the rest of the NT writers and strong meat exclusively to Paul, but He didn't bother to tell us that, so that new believers would know to focus on those foods and as they mature move on to Paul. God had to wait for you guys to catch that revelation and reveal to the rest of us.

And to what purpose? To divide His Word?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2011
OLAADEGBU:

grin grin grin Image123, you hard o! At least give the man some credit for his stand on tithes and offering. wink
grin bigi bigi LOL @bolded. Don't mind me and Jo jare my brother. He understands more iperceive. On credit, he already has enough 'flashing credit' from newmi, mabel and the gang.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2011
Image123:

Stop wrongly dividing the Word of truth. The scriptures make one wise unto salvation. It's poison to allege that it is pauline epistles that make one wise unto salvation. The Spirit of God has given a wonderful unity and harmony to the Bible. Repent of your carnal comparisons, divisions and awards.
but what wrong would it do if the name of the apostle Paul in mentioned in the success story, l don't think it would change anything or would it?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2011
^
Paul himself didn't give himself such flattery. The Word of God is 66books authored by God. One part is not more inspired than the other. No need calling names, Paul has his reward from God. If you want to call Paul in this story, then do diligence to call others too to the parti.
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Barrrich: 6:22pm On Nov 27, 2011
nlMediator:

What I'm beginning to notice in christians is a curious habit of choosing what to believe, finding scriptures that support it, and explaining away anything to the contrary - using any convenient excuse. The good thing, though, is that many of such people are well-intentioned.

1. On salvation, has it occurred to you that multitudes were saved even before Paul received his own salvation, much less the revelation about Rom. 10: 9-10?

2. When Jesus spoke to Peter about building His Church and the gates of hell would not prevail, what Church was that? Where was Paul then? Is the revelation on which the Church would be built unique to Paul, so much that everybody had to wait till Paul got saved, got revelation and shared with us?

3. Was Paul the only person that taught on righteousness for believers?

4. Was it Paul that told us that we hare a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a unique people , . .

The funny thing is that many of you are quick to quote Peter and James when it suits you but discard them when you can hide under Paul to achieve whatever purpose you're looking at at that moment.

Interesting that God chose to reveal baby food to the rest of the NT writers and strong meat exclusively to Paul, but He didn't bother to tell us that, so that new believers would know to focus on those foods and as they mature move on to Paul. God had to wait for you guys to catch that revelation and reveal to the rest of us.

And to what purpose? To divide His Word?

You seem not to get the point this post is communicating and that is why you would chose to see it from the angle you are looking at it from.

You need to understand that revelation is progresive and not every truth was actually revealed. The Bible talks about greater light and lesser light, greater truth and lesser truth. If you study the scriptures by the spirit of God who is the revealer of deep truths from God, you will appreciate this post.

Even in the scriptures, there were certain truths which Apostle Paul could not communicate to the church at that time, as he said:
"And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, [even] as unto babes in Christ." 1 Cor 3:1.
You need to understand that there is a message to the babe in Christ and there is a message to the spiritual man. There is milk for the babe and there is strong meat for the mature, who is the spiritual man. Hebrews 5
12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which [be] the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13 For every one that useth milk [is] unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, [even] those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

If you look at Paul's writings, you will see that for him to effectively communicate to the church of his time, he had to use the language they could understand and relate with.

Even the Apostle John similarly said something in this light when he was explaining something to the church 1 John 2
12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.

This post is only bringing out truths which every Christian needs to really look at and grow up to full maturity through the truths as revealed by Paul, because Christ is coming for a mature church. Thus Paul tells us:
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ"
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by nlMediator: 12:38am On Nov 28, 2011
^

Your post gave me a chuckle. Because you're emphasizing what noone is disputing. There's milk and strong meat. Question is: how did you arrive to the conclusion that the milk is from the rest and the meat is from Paul. Did Paul say so himself? The fact that he said he could not communicate certain things to them at a certain stage does not make your point. After all, he did communicate some things to them anyway which, by your definition, can only be considered as milk. And somehow, you're sure that everything Peter or James or the gospel writers or even OT writers communicated is milk - based on what?

Can you also help me with were the Bible says this from your post: "The Bible talks about greater light and lesser light, greater truth and lesser truth." I know about greater light and lesser light from Genesis, but greater truth and lesser truth? Or are you using truth and light interchangeably?

About revelation being progressive, can you share with us the last time you saw a progressive revelation outside of your church? Or is this progress in revelation limited to you?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by newmi(m): 11:12am On Nov 28, 2011
Image123:

^
Paul himself didn't give himself such flattery. The Word of God is 66books authored by God. One part is not more inspired than the other. No need calling names, Paul has his reward from God. If you want to call Paul in this story, then do diligence to call others too to the parti.
No doubt you have well said
but that does not answer the question or does it?
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2011
Then came my giggle and gurgle in a bubble. "my pastor is the word of gond that said greater and lesser truths"
Re: What Do We Do With Paul's Revelation? by Image123(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2011
newmi:

but what wrong would it do if the name of the apostle Paul in mentioned in the success story, l don't think it would change anything or would it?
It's already answered if you've been reading the thread and what the likes of nlmediator are saying. Putting Paul in bad light by claiming that he has greater light and greater truth, and that he came to show us the way to salvation, and that others are writing milk and unskilled quality is very childish and fleshly, if not progressing towards blasphemy and heresy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

REVEALED: Prophet Ajanaku Was An Occultist / Question For The Theologians, Atheist And Agnostics / Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.