Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

The Snare Of The Fowler - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Snare Of The Fowler (44 Views)

The Snare Of The Fowler / Christian Wake Up, The Snare Is Already Upon You / "Surely He Shall Deliver Thee From The Snare Of The Fowler." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Snare Of The Fowler by kpakpandoN(m): 6:13am On May 10
Today, I will conclude my discussion on the qualities that make the devil’s bait effective: the devil ensures that his bait invokes his prey’s pride. In Genesis 3:6, Eve ate the forbidden fruit because she felt that it could make her wise. When you are lured to do something to show off, beware!

Usually, the enemy catches people who think that they can never be caught (1 Corinthians 10:12). When a fellow says, “I believe in holiness, and I practise it, so the devil can never get me,” he or she should take heed. For example, in Luke 22:31-34, the Lord said to Peter, “Satan desires to have you.” Peter said, “Lord, even if it involves death, the devil will not overpower me.” Jesus replied, “Before the cock crows twice, you will deny me three times.”

In Judges 16:4-21, we discovered that Samson fell because he was over-confident. Delilah did not hide her intentions, she clearly asked for the secret of his power to know how to overpower him. Samson thought that with his track record, he could not be captured and so, he decided to play a game with the devil. Don’t play games with the devil, he has been around for a long while. His track record shows how many great people he has destroyed. (1 Thessalonians 5:22) says, “Abstain from all appearance of evil.” If it looks like evil, don’t think that you can withstand it. Run!

I know someone who said that he joined one of the secret cults on his campus because he was curious. He said he did it for fun, believing that he would not get involved in the terrible things they do as if that were possible. Don’t joke with the devil. The Bible says in Proverbs 16:18 that pride goes before destruction. Proverbs 29:23 says that a man’s pride shall bring him low.

Some years ago, a lady was to be employed as my private secretary, and I said, “No way!” I know the nature of my work; I work day and night. What will I say I am doing alone in my office at night with another man’s wife. Some people came later and said, “Sir, we thought you were anointed.” I said, “I know, but does the anointing turn your body to stone?”

If you think you cannot fall, you are already on your way down because your pride will make you get close to the trap enough for it to eventually catch you. Pride goes before a fall.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

Seeing Vs Seen Tree / Self-esteem Empowerment (part 2) / Morning Digest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.