Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,556 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! (552 Views)

Mathematical Error In The Bible 3 / Mathematical Error In The Bible 2 / Mathematical Error In The Bible 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 12:04pm On May 10
The calculation regarding the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham is done by comparing the ages and lifespans of the individuals mentioned in the genealogy provided in Genesis.

1. According to Genesis 11:26, Terah was 70 years old when he fathered Abraham, Nahor, and Haran.
2. In Genesis 11:32, it mentions that Terah lived to be 205 years old and then he died in Haran.
3. Genesis 12:4 states that Abraham was 75 years old when he departed from Haran.

By subtracting the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham (70) from the total years of Terah's life (205), we get 205 - 70 = 135 years. This would mean that Terah lived for 135 years after the birth of Abraham. However, since Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran after Terah's death, it implies that Terah must have been at least 130 years old when he died (135 years after Abraham's birth), which is inconsistent with the information given in the genealogy. This discrepancy suggests a copyist error in the text.

Abraham should have been at least 135 years old when his father died but the Bible claimed he was 75 years!
lipsrsealed

How do we explain this mathematically?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Michael547(m): 12:16pm On May 10
Mr AbuTwins, good day to you.
What solution does the Koran give to the problems that humans all over the world are facing today?

1 Like

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 12:18pm On May 10
Michael547:
Mr AbuTwins, good day to you.
What solution does the Koran give to the problems that humans all over the world are facing today?

Good day to you too!
There are many solutions that Islam brought to solve the teeming problems in the world today!
To learn that you have to Create your thread on that and don't derail the thread here! lipsrsealed

You lack mathematical skills!
I will be reporting you as a thread derailer here!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Michael547(m): 12:19pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

Good day to you too!
There are many solutions that Islam brought to solve the teeming problems in the world today!
To learn that you have to Create your thread on that and don't derail the thread here! lipsrsealed
I would like to learn about the solutions from you.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 12:30pm On May 10
Michael547:

I would like to learn about the solutions from you.

Open your thread!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Michael547(m): 12:50pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

Open your thread!
So a thread must be opened before I hear the solutions of the Koran to problems facing mankind today?

1 Like

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Exousiang01(m): 1:35pm On May 10
That's an interesting observation
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Steep(m): 3:16pm On May 10
AbuTwins:
The calculation regarding the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham is done by comparing the ages and lifespans of the individuals mentioned in the genealogy provided in Genesis.

1. According to Genesis 11:26, Terah was 70 years old when he fathered Abraham, Nahor, and Haran.
2. In Genesis 11:32, it mentions that Terah lived to be 205 years old and then he died in Haran.
3. Genesis 12:4 states that Abraham was 75 years old when he departed from Haran.

By subtracting the age of Terah when he fathered Abraham (70) from the total years of Terah's life (205), we get 205 - 70 = 135 years. This would mean that Terah lived for 135 years after the birth of Abraham. However, since Abraham was 75 years old when he left Haran after Terah's death, it implies that Terah must have been at least 130 years old when he died (135 years after Abraham's birth), which is inconsistent with the information given in the genealogy. This discrepancy suggests a copyist error in the text.

Abraham should have been at least 135 years old when his father died but the Bible claimed he was 75 years!
lipsrsealed

Where was it written that, Abraham's father was dead when he left?

1 Like

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 4:00pm On May 10
Steep:
Where was it written that, Abraham's father was dead when he left?

It's in the context!

four verses later Abraham left Haran!

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by codedprince20(m): 4:42pm On May 10
Mr OP,

It is outrightly wrong & out of place to tag a sensitive issue as dis as being an error bcoz it shows how myopic u are! Whatever you don't understand, ask & we will teach you!

Before anything, you need to first of all know that the Hebrew language possess a wider connotation than the English Language, so there's a limit to how English Language can capture the essence of some phrases. Just like how u can't use English Language to communicate some yourba phrases!

So imagine you trying to translate 'Arabataribiti awuwo maseegbe' in English, whatever or however you have chosen to replicate it in English, it can never have the same weight (in meaning & context) like d way u are trying to describe God.

That being said, the Holy Books are beyong mathematics and logic else one will run mad. What are ur concerns?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Steep(m): 4:57pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

It's in the context!

So which context told you Abraham's father was dead before he left?

1 Like

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 5:02pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

lipsrsealed

Hehehe and here I thought your challenges were only language and reading comprehension. So you even have mathematical comprehension challenge too? Ah... It is well.
Just make sure you marry a literate. Make sure your kids get educated if not, your descendants are in for a long thing. As for you, it is finished.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by codedprince20(m): 5:05pm On May 10
The young man actually needs to be schooled. Na dem!

itzadorable333:

Hehehe and here I thought your challenges were only language and reading comprehension. So you even have mathematical comprehension challenge too? Ah... It is well.
Just make sure you marry a literate. Make sure your kids get educated if not, your descendants are in for a long thing. As for you, it is finished.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 5:15pm On May 10
itzadorable333:

I am married with kids and they sabi pass your Bible!

You can't explain the message but you'll end up talking about the messenger!
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 5:27pm On May 10
Steep:
So which context told you Abraham's father was dead before he left?

The same verse i quoted earlier! Let me make it bold! Use your glasses now!

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 5:48pm On May 10
codedprince20:

As in e..
And the funniest part of it is that he thinks I'm only jibing at his person for the mere fun of it. He doesn't know that his illiteracy cum dumbness is real and massive. And the fact that 1 + 1 gives him concussion, is deplorable. I just pity the poor guy. I mean his effort.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 5:53pm On May 10
codedprince20:
Mr OP,

It is outrightly wrong & out of place to tag a sensitive issue as dis as being an error bcoz it shows how myopic u are! Whatever you don't understand, ask & we will teach you!

Before anything, you need to first of all know that the Hebrew language possess a wider connotation than the English Language, so there's a limit to how English Language can capture the essence of some phrases. Just like how u can't use English Language to communicate some yourba phrases!

So imagine you trying to translate 'Arabataribiti awuwo maseegbe' in English, whatever or however you have chosen to replicate it in English, it can never have the same weight (in meaning & context) like d way u are trying to describe God.

That being said, the Holy Books are beyong mathematics and logic else one will run mad. What are ur concerns?

Apologies bro! Can you check the Hebrew Bible and tell us the correct version of the bible verses above?
To me it is a big mathematical blunder!

Since you claim it is not an error kindly prove it and stop my talk down on my thread!

itzadorable333:

As in e..
And the funniest part of it is that he thinks I'm only jibing at his person for the mere fun of it. He doesn't know that his illiteracy cum dumbness is real and massive. And the fact that 1 + 1 gives him concussion, is deplorable. I just pity the poor guy. I mean his effort.

Talk about how the mathematics in the verses add up!

codedprince20:

Please school me. You are the teacher i await.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 5:57pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

I am married with kids and they sabi pass your Bible!

You can't explain the message but you'll end up talking about the messenger!
Sorry did you say 'message' and 'messenger'?
Or do you mean 'garbage' and ' garbager'?
'coz the latter's all I see
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by itzadorable333: 6:01pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

Apologies bro! Can you check the Hebrew Bible and tell us the correct version of the bible verses above?
To me it is a big mathematical blunder!

Since you claim it is not an error kindly prove it and stop my talk down on my thread!

Talk about how the mathematics in the verses add up!

Please school me. You are the teacher i await.
Hahaha wait. You mean I should waste my time correcting your mathematical assumptions for you instead of taking you through a maths tutorial first?
Can a fool be wise?
Bro, who did this to you?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 6:07pm On May 10
itzadorable333:

Sorry did you say 'message' and 'messenger'?
Or do you mean 'garbage' and ' garbager'?
'coz the latter's all I see

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26:4

Any other nonsense you write i will just report as a thread derailer so i won't see them anymore!

Bye!

1 Like

Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by Steep(m): 6:31pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

The same verse i quoted earlier! Let me make it bold! Use your glasses now!

There is nothing here that suggest Abraham left after his father died.
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 7:53pm On May 10
Steep:

There is nothing here that suggest Abraham left after his father died.

Okay then show us when he left ?
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by 99thEnemy(m): 9:06pm On May 10
AbuTwins:

According to the old testament Ham is Noah's son! How's ham and bacon related to this thread?
Don’t you enjoy pork? cool
Re: Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! by AbuTwins: 9:07pm On May 10
99thEnemy:

Don’t you enjoy pork? cool

It is forbidden in the Bible and Qur'an!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resurrection Victory By The Grace Of God / This Partial&absolutely Unfair / Would A Person Get Punished For Being Possesed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.