Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,882 members, 7,838,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Why Did LOT Offer His Two Virgin Daughters To Be RAPED By A Mob Of Perverts? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did LOT Offer His Two Virgin Daughters To Be RAPED By A Mob Of Perverts? (74 Views)

The Four Virgin Daughters Who Prophesied / Why Did God Allow An Innocent Girl To Be Raped And Killed In His Church? / Ex-COZA Staff: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Did LOT Offer His Two Virgin Daughters To Be RAPED By A Mob Of Perverts? by Daejumong(m): 7:38am On May 12
Why did Lot offer his two daughters to be RAPED by a Mob who wanted the Angels in his house?

Gen 19: 5-8
5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

Lot messed up big time with this statement. He lost his wife and daughters with those words! Little wonder the wife preferred to stay back in Sodom than following him and she sadly became a pillar of Salt! It’s difficult to blame the wife’s action.

As a man and father, your primary God given assignment is to protect your kids! Lot failed in that area and the same daughters he offered for Rape eventually Raped him!

He should have sought the help of the angels when the heat became too much because the angels eventually came to their rescue - verse 11 , Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

God is always there to help but sometimes we try to do things our own way and leave Him out of the equation . This will often lead to us being burnt with scars we could have avoided!

Let us learn from Mr Lot, who loved God but unfortunately lost everything because of trying to help God when it should be the other way round! God is always around and ready to help us. Let us always open up our challenges to Him and He will help!

Re: Why Did LOT Offer His Two Virgin Daughters To Be RAPED By A Mob Of Perverts? by Thundafireseun: 7:39am On May 12
Re: Why Did LOT Offer His Two Virgin Daughters To Be RAPED By A Mob Of Perverts? by funshint(m): 7:42am On May 12
This matter pass you... you're only interpreting this from your emotional angle.

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ (iesus, Issus) Truly The Son Of God? Let's Engage! / Encounter With Awa [our] Only Yahnwe Saves Ix / From God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.