Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,922 members, 7,844,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

If Nothing Is Worth Dying For, Nothing Is Worth Living For - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nothing Is Worth Dying For, Nothing Is Worth Living For (51 Views)

Why Did God Stop Man From Living For Ever? / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / There Is Nothing On Earth Worth Dying For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Nothing Is Worth Dying For, Nothing Is Worth Living For by Interesting15: 9:58am On May 13
Wisdom For Destiny Daily Devotional *(13th May, 2024)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: If Nothing Is Worth Dying For, Nothing Is Worth Living For

I John 4:7 ‬
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

*Message*

If nothing is worth dying for, nothing is worth living for. Jesus made us realize the truth that the only way to live abundantly is to first die to self-interest and then offer yourself totally to God as well as anyone around you in need of what the LORD has blessed you with.

*As a child of God, you are empowered to have a high and healthy self-esteem - but you mustn't be selfish and self-centered. When you are only obsessed with yourself, you end up losing the meaning of life. Life is sweet and tasty when you love and serve God, and you're empowered based on that to love and serve your neighbors.*

Without a commitment to the well-being of others, our individual lives are prone to being barren and bitter. Without an adequate commitment to the well-being of those God has strategically placed around you, our individual lives are prone to lack meaning and purpose. Indeed, if nothing is worth dying for, then nothing is worth living for.

*Prayers*

Today, I choose to ride upon my love towards God to care for the well-being of those God has placed around me. I offer myself to those around me in need of what God has given me.

*Further Reading*‭‭‭‭

Mark 12:30-31 ‬
[30] And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. [31] And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

*N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY ON WHATSAPP, KINDLY SEND "WISDOM FOR DESTINY" TO EITHER 2348185021024 OR SUNDAYAKANNIOFFICIAL@GMAIL.COM*

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Marriage Supper Of The Lamb / Happy Sunday / Casting Your Way To Financial Abundance: The Art Of Money Spells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.