Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation (24190 Views)

Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce Becomes Official / Melinda Gates Rents ₦50Million Per Night Private Island(Pics) / Bill Gates And Melinda Gates Divorce After 27 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by nlfpmod: 7:37pm On May 13
Billionaire philanthropist Melinda French Gates has said she will resign as a co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

"This is not a decision I came to lightly," Ms Gates wrote in a statement posted to social media on Monday.

Her last day of work will be 7 June.

Ms Gates founded the foundation - the largest private body of its kind - in 2000 with her then-husband Bill Gates, the Microsoft co-founder.

In 2021, after 27 years of marriage, the pair announced their separation, but pledged to carry on with their joint philanthropic work. At the time of their split, the former couple said they would remain as co-chairs and trustees of the organisation and that no changes to the foundation's structure were expected.

The Gates Foundation is among the most powerful groups in public health, with an endowment of more than $75bn (£59.7bn) as of December. It spends billions of dollars every year on initiatives aimed at eradicating infectious diseases, reducing poverty and combatting climate change.

According to the foundation's website, the couple donated more than $36bn (£28bn) of their own wealth to it from 1994 to 2018.

"I am immensely proud of the foundation that Bill and I built together," Ms Gates wrote in her statement adding that under an agreement with Mr Gates, she will now have an additional $12.5bn for her own charitable work on women and families.

In 2015, Ms Gates founded investment company Pivotal Ventures, a separate entity from the Gates Foundation, which focuses on removing barriers to opportunity for women and minority groups.

"This is a critical moment for women and girls in the US and around the world - and those fighting to protect and advance equality are in urgent need of support," she wrote in Monday's statement.

Mr Gates said he was "sorry to see Melinda leave, but I am sure she will have a huge impact in her future philanthropic work".

The Microsoft founder remains one of the world's richest men, with a net worth of more than $130.3bn, according to Forbes. Ms Gates' fortune is listed at $11.3bn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-69005778.amp

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by LordIsaac(m): 7:40pm On May 13
Hmmmm😊
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by letout: 7:41pm On May 13
sad

I saw the post on LinkedIn, I’m trying to marry how two people that cuddled and ljj ok bed each other so much at a certain point in time now communicate like they’re in a controlled environment.

Contact me if you need a property to buy in Ikoyi, Lekki Phase 1 ,Magodo or Victoria island

ashproperties.com.ng

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by WritterNg: 7:41pm On May 13
The richest men in the world today got rich through hardwork, dedication, sacrifice etc.

While the richest women got theirs through divorce, alimony payment, inheritance, child support (all came from Men).

There's a lesson there for men. If you like loose guard your money in the name of 🤡 🤡 lOvE 🤡 🤡

Money rules the world so you MUST protect your money with your life. Sign that Pre-nups today.

219 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Firebomber: 7:41pm On May 13
The future is really female 😁😁😁

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Eriokanmi: 7:41pm On May 13
Long in coming..she's said this since.

3 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by UnknownT: 7:41pm On May 13
Bill should employ another lady with the name Melinda as co-chair
#OnALighterNote

22 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by ovieigho(m): 7:42pm On May 13
Divorce loading ….

Why quoting me !! All I read from this article was they are separated I don’t know they divorced already

Btw Sey na bill gate matter i go put for this my multimillion $$$ /naira head ….
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by JoeEeL(m): 7:42pm On May 13
THE GATES FOUNDATION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GRAVELY DANGEROUS GMO AGENDA

This is a modification of the natural way seed grows. There is suspicion that the fulani activities which constitute the heavy destruction of farmlands all over nigeria (from north to south) is tied to this agenda. The middle belt of nigeria which is very agrarian and houses some of the best soils and weather has seen a deliberate and well-calculated massacre and forceful eviction of their farms, as well as the burning of crops and seeds.

To the idiotic fulani terrorists, they are carrying out jihad but to these white eugenics fanatics (who won't let this world rest and follow its natural order), they are trying to roundly enslave us by what we eat. This is pure economic and food enslavement. What is happening in nigeria is not ordinary.

You guys that are studying agriculture engineering and agric science in tertiary institutions, what are your brains for? I have not even seen one single intelligent thread connecting the dots of the terrorist invasion vis-a-vis the destruction of farms and the elimination of the owners.

This is a very evil agenda and we all must be alive to this threat. When they have achieved what they want, the next phase is for them to come through disguised NGO's that will pretend to bring respite by giving (even selling) their own modified seeds (GMOs) which will deliberately have no longevity. In other words, they would hardly last if stored till the next season. So this way, we become enslaved to the west and they would keep selling their own kind of seeds to us while we would have lost our natural seedlings forever. Let me not even conjecture what the effects would be if we consume (heaven forbid) the produce of these seedlings.

This is NOT a joke! We are talking 21st century slavery here. No jokes! Open your eyes, o ye black folks.

I know some of them will come here and be quoting rubbish. I pity una next generation.

60 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Emmastan291: 7:42pm On May 13
What will make a couple divorce after 27 years of marriage?

Spoil A Woman Because She Loves You,
Don’t Spoil Her Because You Loves Her.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by mrjoeblinks: 7:43pm On May 13
Ehen?
Problems money can’t solve actually dey. No be lie!

5 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Tjra: 7:43pm On May 13
ovieigho:
Divorce loading ….
They got divorced in 2021

31 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:43pm On May 13
She now has a soul?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:44pm On May 13
Ok, noted.
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Benjaniblinks(m): 7:44pm On May 13
undecided
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by diamond68: 7:44pm On May 13
shocked
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by BigDawsNet: 7:44pm On May 13
One of the richest woman alive with $11.2B

Make she just look me like dis and dash me $2m for nothing! make I dey use dat 1 cee front for the rest of dis year

15 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by RenaissanceGuy: 7:44pm On May 13
It didn't make sense for her to continue being a member after her divorce. I guess she was constantly being emotionally tempted to go back to Bill Gates and couldn't take it any longer.

4 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by pmc01(m): 7:44pm On May 13
Key point is the "additional 12.5 billion dollars she's getting for her own charity".

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Britishcoins(m): 7:44pm On May 13
The kind of woman I will love to marry, she is very intelligent and know exactly what she wanted in life

2 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by cadet222(m): 7:44pm On May 13
J
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by SoNature(m): 7:45pm On May 13
Our pastors should be teaching the west what marriage is because they have gone astray

4 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by bigdammyj: 7:46pm On May 13
Noted.
Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Alexiiydon: 7:46pm On May 13
ovieigho:
Divorce loading ….
did you even read the post It say they are already separated since 2021

4 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Judolisco(m): 7:47pm On May 13
Omo... If you're a follower of dis gates family, you'll know this Foundation means alot to them, na only God know why dem divorce after so many years together.... Na dem know jare, wealthy people and their wahala

Some women dey lucky for dis life oh... Ask dis woman now how she got her billions, it's from marrying and divorcing bill Gates grin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Kobicove(m): 7:47pm On May 13
Things fall apart!

4 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by bluefilm: 7:49pm On May 13
She's done with their satanic illuminati empire

3 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by EmmyMaestro(m): 7:50pm On May 13
I'm sure his DM will be filled with women submitting their CV

bluefilm:
She's done with their satanic illuminati empire

A lot of Nigerian women will not care, as long as he has money so that they can be posing like Regina Daniels

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:50pm On May 13
To found her own. Money dey nau. After all she shared her her ex husband properties equal

1 Like

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by cenaman(m): 7:50pm On May 13
She don cashout tire her nah why she no go step dowe!..

2 Likes

Re: Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation by cococandy(f): 7:50pm On May 13
You ignorantly think she had nothing to do with building the Gates’ wealth?

Your compulsive and intentional lack of respect for women will have y’all constantly talking out of your behinds like people without an ounce of critical thinking
WritterNg:
The richest men in the world today got rich through hardwork, dedication, sacrifice etc.

While the richest women got theirs through divorce, alimony payment, inheritance, child support (all came from Men).

There's a lesson there for men. If you like loose guard your money in the name of 🤡 🤡 lOvE 🤡 🤡

Money rules the world so you MUST protect your money with your life. Sign that Pre-nups today.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

China Coronavirus: Apple Temporarily Closes All 42 Stores In China / Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions / Starting Up A Bakery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.