Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! (4518 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / I Want My Husband To Be My Slave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by DivineOke(f): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2006
If you got this boy who's got all the qualities you want in a man. I mean he's all you've ever wanted in a man but the boy daily murders the Queens English. I mean, he can't just make a correct sentence in English and your english is "Janded". What'll you do? Leave him on account of his English or make do with what you have?
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by idiotboop(f): 3:24am On Mar 10, 2006
(betty shakes her head sadly)

So what? Like you said its the queen's english not african english if there is such a thing. My point is why are Nigerians so pretentious and judge people purely on how well they speak a langauge that was totally adopted by Africans during colonial reign? stop being a snob.is what i say to anyone who judges on that basis. had to laugh when you said the word ''janded'' i dont care i think it is superficial and tells alot about the complexes we have as Nigerians. I have this arguement with family and friends all the time. I would associate with anyone, dont care how they speak as long as they are good people. I come from a very priviledged and highly academic background and found that the people in the family circle were shallow and not real, not saying all are like that. I guess all i want to say is i am a proud nigerian, african and i wish so much i could speak a nigerian language(fault of the parents not mine,example of the snobbery i mean), we should preserve the cultures and stop giving others complexes about a langauge that is not even the mother tongue.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by AbujaBoy(m): 3:47am On Mar 10, 2006
Tutor him.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by bunkbobo: 3:56am On Mar 10, 2006
DivineOke:

If you got this boy who's got all the qualities you want in a man. I mean he's all you've ever wanted in a man but the boy daily murders the Queens English. I mean, he can't just make a correct sentence in English and your english is "Janded". What'll you do? Leave him on account of his English or make do with what you have?

You're so petty.
Change his citizenship to 'Queens nationality'
then get bleach and wash him to Queens colour
Get a cosmetic surgeon to work on his Nose, lips and colour of eyes.
Transplant his hair with Queens hair
Wetin remain, make una remind me jare
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by reniks(f): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2006
He doesnt av 2 speak Queens English,how many Nigerians do?He has 2 however speak well enough 2 save himself n me 4rm embarrassment.Our everyday Nigerian English will do just fine,n if he murders dt i'm gonna av 2 get him 2 improve on it.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by babymine(f): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2006
I'll get him a private tutor n with time he'll speak v well. wink
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by ono(m): 1:50pm On Mar 10, 2006
Ehn!! Waffi babe dey speak Queens English?

Oke, where you dey stay for Waffi? Abeg leave all that Queen bla bla bla. If you love that man, you go study the man weakpoint(s) and helep am. Omote (I hope you are Isoko), if the man loves you and you love am, helep am out with the english now. You fit send am go some kind schools dem for Warri. Dem go teach am well well. With time him go improve. Go for the man.

Erm, er, no vex o, I say make I use Waffi english take yarn for this one. I believe say you go understand.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by Aduraseyi(f): 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2006
how funny.wat an interesting topic/thread grin grin grin grin
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by AbujaBoy(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2006
I honestly don't blame her, she has high expectations for the man she intends to marry. She wouldn't want to be embarrased around friends and other possible prominent people in the society, if thats what turns her off she should do as she pleases,  I have exceedingly specfic taste. A girl can possess all the quailities in the world, but if _one_ failz, all fail.
Eitherway, hopefully times would change, its a shame that Nigeira's national language is english but 60% of the people in Nigeria can't speak English fluently.
--Aduraseyi == cute--
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by idiotboop(f): 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2006
[Ehn!! Waffi babe dey speak Queens English?

]

@ono you are hilarious
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IAH(f): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2006
Layi once posted a topic like this. Most people and I told him it's no big deal. cool
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by DivineOke(f): 6:47am On Mar 11, 2006
Imagine both of us goin out and he just making blunders in English,al be so embarrassed. Except al tell him to let me do d talking

I know i can tutor him or tell him to attend a school where he'll improve on his english but he's a guy and he has his ego.i don't want every conversation to feel like an english class.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by DivineOke(f): 6:53am On Mar 11, 2006
@ ono[b]

Ehn!! Waffi babe de speak Queens English[/b]? grin grin grin

I de speak better pidgin but enough queens english not to get myself embarrassed.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by Ynot(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2006
Simple solution: - anytime you go out with him, always make it know to people that your boyfriend is deaf and dumb. That way, he won't say anything to embarrass (still wondering how he can possibly do that) you. Better yet, tell him to shut the <beep> up in public ~ anything. But whatever you do, don't leave him because of this.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IBBFan(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2006
@oke

baby, whish level na? u no kno where to scout for man wey dey drop "fo-ne"?u cari urhobo boyfriend, tell am say make im speak correct english and u still leave am 4 d land.

anyway, b4 u join me to d click of english murderers, i'll just advise you to make a way for him to learn (school, private tutor, MWord- u go teash am computer, etc). if you know he lets his ego get into his head and feels that you cannot tell him what to do (like getting him help for his present situation), i advise that you let him go because he's not worth keeping (no let luv or raba *money* blind ur eye). just imagine him giving a speech on your wedding day since you said 1 sentence never goes faultless.

so my dear any time u plan to shange ur mind and find pesin wey dey shuttle both side (english n pidgin) like say im b actor, don't fail to get in touch with me via pm.

luv ya!!
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by papermoon(f): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2006
cry
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IBBFan(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2006
@papermoon

sorry about the loss. that's some true word you just gave up there. but the truth is massimo was humble and willing to learn. some mean are different. they feel it's an insult when a woman advises them on issues (u know they feel like she's controlling them or they're being commanded).

how many kids've you got and the name(s)?
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by papermoon(f): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2006
cry
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IBBFan(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2006
very sweet names they've got, p-moon. gues they're boys which makes it a +. hope they don't learn bad "(or good)" thigns from their mama. kiss
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by papermoon(f): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2006
cry
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IBBFan(m): 5:23pm On Mar 11, 2006
GOD no go gree. He sees your heart and knows what you want to provide them with (no matter how extra good or bad). Is the Irish man ready to accept them?
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by papermoon(f): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2006
cry
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by IBBFan(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2006
yea, i like it that way as well. although, if to say na naija dem for dem add UNCLE to that name oooo!!
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by chinani(f): 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2006
@ divineoke

don't listen to the condemnations, we all have are standards. but do listen to the advise. if you love him, dont leave him over something so small. watch, the next man you meet who speaks the Queen's English will not be half the man he is. if he treats you well, dont leave. but if you are on the verge of marriage, now is the time to be frank. correct him. make sure he knows that you are trying to be helpful. make sure he has the right attitude, but that you have the right attitude as well. best of luck!
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by Seun(m): 8:54pm On Mar 11, 2006
You may think he is such a nice lover, but when you start nagging him over this matter, his attitude will change towards you and the relationship will no longer be worth it. If you can't tolerate the bad English, forget it. You cannot change an adult. Honest to goodness.

Never marry a person you cannot accept just the way he/she is. This will prevent 50% of divorce cases.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by kimba(m): 12:25am On Mar 12, 2006
@Divine-Oke,

I think before you could get "HIM" promoted to the class of "Husband-to-be", you should have gotten over/used to that Queens English murdering.

abi
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by Fdeveloper(m): 10:14am On Mar 13, 2006
I've never understood why if a French person for example speaks poor English with a heavy accent nobody thinks he/she is any less intelligent and in fact some would go as far as saying it's a "cute" and "attractive" quality however if an African does exactly the same,  the person is heavily criticized and derided.  The saddest aspect to all this is in my view is that it is fellow Africans that are invariably the most critical.

As Seun correctly said, if you can't accept the person the way they are then perhaps you should look elsewhere.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by romeo(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2006
i live in Spain for the past years and i speak fluent Spanish more than my mates that came with me the same year but that does not make me a superman. we are very backward in Nigeria because we measure intelligence only with the ability to speak good English! what a shame!!! why i used my Spanish ability earlier is just to let you boys know that i am good in that language but i am not more intelligent than any of my friends that can not command good Spanish and they offer me thousands of advices because what they have in their brains i can not achieve with just speaking good Spanish, it is good to know languages but we don't need to become professors of those languages just to talk to people, conversational level of any language is alright for everybody and we need to learn to write our mother tongues also because i know that more than half of people here can not write their own languages and that's a "BIG SHAME" . what do we say on that huh!!
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by pojutime(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2006
All the countries in Europe have their mother tongues as their official languages. Why is it only in Nigeria that we value another man's language more? Until we accept what we have and value it, we cant attain true progress.
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by nawah(f): 9:10pm On Mar 13, 2006
it is certainly embarassing. but not a reason not to marry.
With time he willl learn from you
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by legs(f): 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2006
abeg i wont marry i could encourage him to take english classes or elocution classes or something, but marry someone that shells na lie,  first of all i don't even think our 'relationship' (for want of a better word) would even go as far as marriage!
Re: If Your Husband-To-Be "Murders" Queen's English Daily! by Kokscity(m): 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2006
@Divine

If the man Murders the English Language, please get him hooked on Phonics. Get him a damn English Lesson teacher, that comes from 6-8pm and teaches that man some English. I will advice you to put off the wedding, until he can pass an EN101 Class. These people telling you that Love will conquer, are not living in your shoes. It is very embarrassing, and by God, there must be a solution out there. Instead of dates, take his a$s to the library or watch some English pronunciation DVDS OR SOMETHING!

Divine do not settle for less, this macho man world thing is played out. Do not settle for Laziness.

Kokscity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Penis Lenght: Nigeria Rated Number 22 In The World (photos) / Loosing Ur Virginity 2a Man After Marriage Dose Not Make Him Value U D More / #IWD2016 Empowering The Girl Child To Become A Woman;Breaking The Glass Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.