Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? (1222 Views)

How Old Was Mary When She Had Jesus? / Who Was Mary Magdalene & What Is The Mystery In "the Last Supper" By Da Vinci? / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Skywalker5(m): 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2007
Was she a prostitute or was she a demon possessed ?

Please i need someone to explain it to me with biblical verse

I am confused.Some say the first,some say the other
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by osisi5: 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2007
can you read your Bible and find out!
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Skywalker5(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2007
+osisi:

can you read your Bible and find out!

I am actually looking for people who have the answers to question i dont have answers to
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2007
The bible doesn't refer to her as either a prostitute or demon-possessed woman.
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Skywalker5(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2007
so why is it that when people talk about her.that call her one of the two names?
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by osisi5: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2007
There's a story in the Bible about a woman about to be stoned for fornication and jesus said to the mob "let him that is without sin,cast the first stone"
and they all went away dropping their stones.
Some scholars say that was Mary Magdalene,but the BIble doesn't say so.
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Purist(m): 10:31pm On Sep 22, 2007
@ topic

I am yet to come across any passage in the Bible that points to Mary Magdalene being a prostitute, but I've seen verses that reveal that she was once demon-possessed, and was eventually set-free by Jesus.

Mark 16:9
"Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils
."

Luke 8:2
"And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils. . ."

Cheers.
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by jagunlabi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2007
She wasn't a prostitute,but Jeshua's wifey. smiley
Re: Was Mary Magdalene Really A Prostitute? by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
jagunlabi:

She wasn't a prostitute,but Jeshua's wifey. smiley

Oh Brilliant Jagunlabi, where did you get your wisdom from??

Mary magdalene was not a prostitue. Her name means Mary from Magdala and no where are we told she was ever a prostitute. That is why it is a good thing to read and find out truth for yourself rather than take what people say.

Kobojunkie

(1) (Reply)

Was Jesus The First To Ascend Into Heaven? / God Order His Followers To Make Their Bread With Excrement / Does Islam Need Reformation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.