Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Have You Been To Any Orphanage Lately? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Been To Any Orphanage Lately? (903 Views)

Have You Checked Your Microwave For Radiation Lately? / Orphanage: Lagos Ministry Relocates 25 Children To Unknown Destination / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been To Any Orphanage Lately? by face2ecaf: 10:59pm On Sep 22, 2007
Has any one been to any orphanage recentlly?

I visited one today and couldn't help but think why some parents [especially we women that experience the pains of childbirth] could be so wicked and heartless to throw away such wonderful treasures while there are some other ones fasting /praying for just one child.

People never cease to amaze.
Re: Have You Been To Any Orphanage Lately? by bolorunfem(f): 9:03am On Oct 08, 2007
Hmn, I was there early this year and I almost wept. I actually accompanied a friend who has made it a habit of taking gifts to them every Xmas/new year. We were told one of the babies was picked early that morning. I did not read the warning that guests should not carry the babies and out of compassion I carried one of them who was crying for attention and no sooner had I held her to my chest that she stopped crying, but then I was politely asked to put her back in the crib.

I wonder why someone can throw away what others are running from pillar to post to have. The irony of it is that most of the perpetrators of this wicked deed do not really 'look for' babies when they are ready to have them whereas some others who married as virgins or at least never aborted nor dumped a baby find it difficult to conceive. Well, God understands.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? / Sean Bell / What Will Be Your Priority?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.