Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,537 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Mohammed's Penchant For Violence - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mohammed's Penchant For Violence (698 Views)

Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. / Why Mohammed Was Not A Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed's Penchant For Violence by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 25, 2011
As was alluded to above, the lifestyle of looting and pillaging took men who were already accustomed to violence and hardship, and made them even more wicked and depraved in their violent deeds. The violence which we see in Islam and which will be explored in greater detail later, did not arise without a source. It comes from the pattern established by Mohammed and the early Muslim leadership. It was from their example that Muslims learned the ways of violence, murder, and subjugation.

Mohammed was a violent man. As with other pagan war leaders of his day, it was not merely enough to defeat and control an enemy. After defeating one Jewish town, Mohammed ordered the beheading of all the adult males in the place, numbering anywhere from 700-1000 individuals. The women and children were sold into slavery, and the town looted 80. Muslim tradition also recounts that upon taking Mecca, Mohammed ordered the death of a poetess of the city, Asma bint Marwan, who had ridiculed him and who had pointed out that some of the material in the Qur'an had actually been stolen from her father, also a poet, and used by Mohammed. The traditions relate this story as follows,

“When the Apostle heard what she had said he said, 'Who will rid me of Marwan's daughter?' 'Umayr b. 'Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the Apostle and told him what he had done and he said, 'You have helped God and His Apostle, O 'Umayr!' When he asked if he would bear any evil consequences the Apostle said, 'Two goats won't butt their heads about her,' so 'Umayr went back to his people.“

Thus, this "prophet" ordered the death of a woman because of personal vendetta and to protect himself from charges of plagiarism! Also, another "rascal" who Mohammed ordered to be killed was a poet named Abu 'Afak, who had criticized the "apostle's" murder of a man named al-Harith b. Suwayd b. Samit, and who had mocked the language of Mohammed's revelations. Abu 'Afak was killed by Salim b. 'Umayr in a similar fashion to Asma bt. Marwan

. Mohammed one time ordered the death of an old man who mocked the Muslim pride in their dirty foreheads. Muslims in Mohammed's day were proud of their method of prayer, placing their foreheads directly in the dirt. The elderly man, mockingly suggesting that there was more to prayer than mere outward form (having a dirty forehead), took some dirt, spread it on his own forehead, and stated that this was good enough for him. The old man was later murdered as an unbeliever83. Certain of the ahadith relate that Mohammed ordered opponents and those with whom he had personal grudges to be killed 84. One example in particular shows Mohammed’s penchant for wickedness as he pressed his revenge. The traditions record the fate of a certain Arabian Jew of the tribe of the Bene Nadir named Ka'b ibnu'l Ashraf who was believed to have been conspiring against Mohammed’s life, as well as singing insulting songs about Muslim women. For these offences,

"It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger. Muhammad b. Maslama said: Messenger of Allah, do you wish that I should kill him? He said: Yes. He said: Permit me to talk (to him in the way I deem fit). He said: Talk (as you like). So, Muhammad b. Maslama came to Ka'b and talked to him, referred to the old friendship between them and said: This man (i.e. the Holy Prophet) has made up his mind to collect charity (from us) and this has put us to a great hardship. When be heard this, Ka'b said: By God, you will be put to more trouble by him. Muhammad b. Maslama said: No doubt, now we have become his followers and we do not like to forsake him until we see what turn his affairs will take. I want that you should give me a loan. He said: What will you mortgage?

He said: What do you want? He said: Pledge me your women. He said: You are the most handsome of the Arabs; should we pledge our women to you? He said: Pledge me your children. He said: The son of one of us may abuse us saying that he was pledged for two wasqs of dates, but we can pledge you (cur) weapons. He said: All right. Then Muhammad b. Maslama promised that he would come to him with Harith, Abu 'Abs b. Jabr and Abbad b. Bishr. So they came and called upon him at night. He came down to them. Sufyan says that all the narrators except 'Amr have stated that his wife said: I hear a voice which sounds like the voice of murder. He said: It is only Muhammad b. Maslama and his foster-brother, Abu Na'ila. When a gentleman is called at night even it to be pierced with a spear, he should respond to the call. Muhammad said to his companions: As he comes down, I will extend my hands towards his head and when I hold him fast, you should do your job. So when he came down and he was holding his cloak under his arm, they said to him: We sense from you a very fine smell. He said: Yes, I have with me a mistress who is the most scented of the women of Arabia. He said: Allow me to smell (the scent on your head). He said: Yes, you may smell. So he caught it and smelt. Then he said: Allow me to do so (once again). He then held his head fast and said to his companions: Do your job. And they killed him."
Ibn Hisham, the early Muslim biographer and redactor of Ibn Ishaq's Sirat, relates another aspect of this story in which young Ibn Maslama and a group of his friends carried out his great service to Allah with Mohammed‘s prodding,

“All that is incumbent upon you is that you should try. ‘He said: 'O Apostle of God, we shall have to tell lies.’ He answered: ‘Say what you like, for you are free in the matter', Then, he sent them off, saying ‘Go in God's name; O God help them.’ After having seized the locks of Ka'b he said: "'Smite the enemy of Allah'. Accordingly they smote him. Their swords came in collision with one another and effected nothing. Muhammad ibn Maslama said: 'Then I recalled to mind my dagger when I saw that our swords were useless, and I seized it. The enemy of Allah cried out with such a cry, that around us there remained not a stronghold on which a fire was not kindled. Then I stuck it into his abdomen, then I pressed upon it till it reached his genitals, and the enemy of Allah fell.’ In the grappling with the swords one of the companions was wounded. They carried him back to Mohammed who was - "standing praying. We saluted him, and he came out to us. We informed him of the killing of the enemy of Allah. He spat upon our comrade's wound, and went back." The laconic end of the story goes like this: ‘Our attack upon God's enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.’ “

Ibn Ishaq further elaborates this point, noting that Mohammed used this as an excuse to stir up his Muslim followers against the Jews,

“the Apostle of Allah said, 'Kill any Jew that falls into your power.' “
Thus, it may be seen from where the foundation of anti-Semitism was laid in Islam. Mohammed’s personal dislike for the Jews resulted in the condemnation of this group to death, a point which to this day still bears its evil fruit in the attitudes and behavior of orthodox Islam. This particular point of anti-Semitism, further, was just one symptom of the chronically violent and revengeful nature of Mohammed.

In Contrast - The Goodness and Purity of Christ

Having examined the life of Mohammed, it can be pretty clearly seen that he could not be a man of God, at least not of a holy God who demands that His servants keep themselves unspotted from the world (James 1:27). In contrast, though, we can see the testimony of the goodness, upright character, and perfection of the Lord Jesus Christ, who was more than a prophet, but was indeed the sinless Son of God. No record anywhere, either biblical or secular, has ever recorded a single misdeed committed by the Lord.

The scribes and Pharisees and other socio-political leaders of the Jews in Jesus' day could find no fault in Him. Despite the very public nature of His ministry, which lasted for three years, during which time He was under the watchful eye of all those leaders who hated Him and wanted to destroy Him, these enemies of Christ were still completely unable to lay anything to His charge. He asked them, "Which of you convinceth me of sin?" (John 8:46). All they could do was mock and insult him, which has always been the last resort of those who know they have not a leg to stand on against an enemy. When the religious leaders of the Jews captured the Lord in the garden of Gethsemane and took Him before the chief priest, Jesus said, ", If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me?" (John 18:23) Jesus spoke no evil, nor could these enemies of the Lord find any truthful accusation to make against Him. Instead, they had to try to falsely accuse Him on trumped up charges.

"Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus to put him to death; But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none, " (Matthew 26:59-60)
They could find no false witnesses who could produce (quite literally) any evidence against the Lord's character, righteousness, or truthfulness. As the Bible records in Mark 14:56, "For many bare false witness against him, but their witness agreed not together." Their "witnesses" against the Lord could not even get their own stories straight, and their lack of truth was exposed immediately!

The secular authorities found no fault in the Lord Jesus either, there was nothing which Herod or Pilate could lay to His account. After being questioned by Herod, who could make no judgment on Him, Jesus was sent to the Roman governor Pilate. After being questioned, Pilate pronounced his own judgment on the matter of Jesus. "Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man." (Luke 23:4)

Even the man who betrayed the Lord Jesus, this being Judas, acknowledged the purity of the Lord. "Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders. Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood, " (Matthew 27:3-4) After realizing that Jesus was condemned to die, Judas realized the magnitude of his crime, that he had just handed over the most innocent man who had ever walked the earth, one who had done nothing to deserve death or punishment.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was recognized as speaking with authority by those who heard Him and saw His miracles and His purity. "And he charged them that they should tell no man: but the more he charged them, so much the more a great deal they published it; And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak." (Mark 7:36-37) Also, "And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes." (Mark 1:22) The Lord Jesus Christ was so gracious in word, so powerful in deed, and so righteous in life, that He was the standard which put the religious leaders and self-righteous Pharisees to shame. Jesus spoke as one with authority, which He indeed was, as He is God Incarnate. His sinless perfection demonstrates His character as Very God. "Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." (James 1:13). Christ was, is, and always will be sinless, as He was, is, and always will be God, which cannot sin. Christ endured 40 days of temptation in the desert under the duress of hunger and solitude, from Satan the master tempter himself, and passed this test with flying colors. Matthew 4:1-11 and Luke 4:1-13 record in-depth the temptation of and successful resistance to that temptation by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Even the Qur'an bears witness to the sinless perfection of Christ. In Surah 19:19, the angel speaks to Mary concerning her son to be born, Jesus. "He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son" (Pickthal translation). Muslims, both from the record of their own book, and from the record of the holy Scriptures of the Bible, which they are bound by the Qur'an to accept, must acknowledge and admit the sinless, perfect purity of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thus, we see between Islam's Mohammed and the Lord Jesus Christ a sharp contrast. On the one hand, Mohammed, a man who killed, fornicated, coveted, and betrayed the trust of those with whom he had made a pact of peace. On the other hand, the Lord Jesus Christ, whom nobody, not even His bitterest enemies, could lay a charge to His account. While Mohammed went out to make war, Jesus Christ came from God to make peace, peace between sinful man and the holy God. "And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, " (II Corinthians 5:18). The record is clear, and the observer can clearly see which it was that was of God, this being Jesus Christ.
Re: Mohammed's Penchant For Violence by LagosShia: 8:33pm On Nov 25, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Mohammed's Penchant For Violence by LagosShia: 8:35pm On Nov 25, 2011
Re: Mohammed's Penchant For Violence by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2011
But at least we all concur that Muhammad was a violent MAN.

God have mercy on all those he is leading to HELL Fire.
Re: Mohammed's Penchant For Violence by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2011
frosbel:

But at least we all concur that Muhammad was a violent MAN.

God have mercy on all those he is leading to HELL Fire.

Hehehe! Why are you so insecure? You are afraid that you might lose-out on the day of judgement aren't you?

Seek knowledge from the source and stop posting stuff from sites like antiislam.com saynotoislam.com wehateislam.com and their kind.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Prayers / "Lying And Liars In Islamic History"-Sayyid Hossein Al-Qazwini / 5pillar Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.