Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k (1353 Views)

>>SOLD<<Acer Travelmate 4740 Intel Core I3 320gb 4gb Ram @give Away Price / Fairly Used Acer Travelmate 500gb Core I3 2.3ghz 4GB Ram / Brand New Hp Compaq 6735s Notebook Pc Going For N90,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2007
BRAND NEW LAPTOP from a computer that is SECOND LARGEST SELLER IN THE WORLD

Processor & Chipset
Processor Intel Celeron M 440 1.86GHz
Bus Speed 533MHz
Chipset Intel 940GML Express
Memory
Standard Memory 512MB
Maximum Memory 2GB
Memory Technology DDR2 SDRAM
Storage
Hard Drive 80GB
Optical Drive Combo Drive - CD-RW/DVD-ROM (Integrated)
Display & Graphics
Display Screen 14.1" WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix TFT Color LCD
Graphics Controller Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 Integrated
Network & Communication
Network 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet IEEE 802.3u
Acer InviLink 54Mbps Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g

Input Devices
Keyboard 88-key
Interfaces/Ports
Ports 1 x Mini-phone Audio In
1 x mini-DIN S-Video Out
3 x 4-pin Type A USB 2.0 - USB
1 x VGA
1 x Mini-phone S/PDIF/Audio Out
1 x Mini-phone Microphone
1 x DC Power Input
1 x RJ-11 Modem
1 x RJ-45 Network

Software
Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic
Battery Information
Batteries 1 x 6-cell Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Standard Battery
Physical Characteristics
Dimensions 13.4" Width x 9.9" Depth
Warranty
Standard Warranty 1 Year(s) Limited - Worldwide

you pay shipping and handling ----- Naira 4600

Kobojunkie
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by brume2020: 4:43pm On Sep 29, 2007
Kobojunkie,

Your price doesnt sound bad for a Celeron based system. Can you verify that your total selling price would be 65K + 4,600 ?

i.e. 69,600 Naira is the entire price to purchase the system delivered to say a Lagos recipient?. Just curios. From your post it is not clear if there are other costs or not(i.e duties/customs clearing).

take care,

Brume

PS: I wont ship a Celeron though - unless someone asks specifically for it.
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Sep 29, 2007
yes. There is Nothing wrong with Celerons and they do not seem to be going away anytime soon. That would be because it sells and the people do not have a problem with it at all here. Even my work machine is a celeron and it runs excellent and works well for what I use it for. It is not the celeron that should not be shipped but people need to read and research these chips to understand the actual power in them.
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by brume2020: 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2007
Hey,

Dont get me wrong here. I am not asking anyone to follow my creed - hook line and sinker. My last post was just my humble opinion.

The fact that I say I wont ship a Celeron unless someone asks me to doesnt imply I preclude anyone else from doing just that. There are different strokes for different folks.

You are correct though - anyone buying a celeron (or any system for that matter) should know exactly what they are getting and what to expect from it.

peace,

Brume.
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Oct 10, 2007
I understand what you mean but like i said earlier, not everyone goes " OH it is a celeron and so it means it is not as good as a pentium" , those who do it do it cause of information they have been passed while there are those who know very well that is not the case and actually do research to find out what is fact and what is fiction
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by brume2020: 12:50am On Oct 11, 2007
Duh.

Anyone can say whatever they want about the Celeron or about the Pentiums. i.e. the Celeron is better than the pentium or vice versa, blah, yada, etc - but I think the price says it all.

The fact (not fiction per your unsubstantiated innuendo) is the Celerons are (and have always been) traditionally cheaper than the Pentiums for some very good reasons(i.e less Cache, poor power mangement, shorter battery life span, limited overclocking ability, etc). The impact of these performance affecting limitations are significant enough for me (personally) to consider buying a pentium over a celeron as an entry level system (especially on a laptop in use in Nigeria where you most likely will often appreciate longer battery life). Bottom line is you get what you pay for. If you pay for a pentium you get the value inherent in a pentium. Likewise the celeron - you get what you pay for - no loss no gain.

Intel came up with the Celeron M in an attempt to dump the bad rapsheet associated with the Celeron processor series. Still I am not impressed enough to buy a celeron based system for myself; let alone recommend it to someone else. That is why I said at the onset unless it is specifically requested, I(personally) wont speculatively buy a celeron to sell it.

For those that can barely afford a Celeron based system - buying one purely on budgetary concerns is certainly understandable.

I will stop short of entering into another flame war about Celeron vs Pentium. You can join one battle here :-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-59632.0.html

peace,

Brume

PS: Here is a nice read about the Celeron M from wikipedia :-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron

Banias-512

This Celeron (sold under the Celeron M brand) is based on the Banias Pentium M, and differs from its parent in that it has half the L2 cache, and does not support the clock-varying SpeedStep technology. It performs reasonably well compared to the Pentium M, [b]but battery life is noticeably shorter on a Celeron M–based notebook [/b]than it is on a comparable Pentium M notebook.

A system based on the Celeron M processor may not use the Centrino brand name, regardless of what chipset and Wi-Fi components are used.

In Intel's "Family/Model/Stepping" scheme, Banias Celeron Ms and Pentium Ms are family 6, model 9 and their Intel product code is 80535.
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Oct 13, 2007
I am glad you are into those sort of debates but I have in many years as a developer learnt that all those things do not apply to all persons. I am a Software programmer, the average person does not need a machine with so much firepower and what not and so paying a premium for a machine that one may never actually use 80% of the resources it comes with is not what I am in to tell people to do.

If a celeron can work for a developer who works on a computer more than 16 hours a day even, I am sure the average person who uses a computer for basic internet, word and other works can do well with them. I am not a sales person for intel so I am not going to go into it much. I am not into hardware wars. I really do not care much for such. If it works, I see no problem to debate it. IF a person is ok with a celeron or an athalon, I see no issues with that and will not advice the person not to go for it.
Re: Brand New Acer Travelmate 2480-2968 Notebook Pc ---- 65k by brume2020: 1:38am On Oct 13, 2007
Sounds good. lipsrsealed wink

(1) (Reply)

Evolution - Windows Mobile Smartphone (3.2 Inch Touchscreen) Price: N60,000 / Buy Em Now (itocuh 32 Gb,psp Slim,bb Curve) / Ftth Fttx Triple-play Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.