Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) Is Dead In NASS - Senator Enang - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) Is Dead In NASS - Senator Enang (3306 Views)

Sales Agent Wanted In The Petroleum Industry. / FG Moves To Split NNPC In Two, Reviews Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) / Oluwo Antonio Deinde Fernandez Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) Is Dead In NASS - Senator Enang by Gbawe: 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2011
babasoty:

Gbawe, man mi don't tell me that is your answer to this

the answer no just rhyme at all,

Because you choose not to see it. the point is that no one can drag the ACN into this when those in the the numerical majority in our legislative and executive arm (PDP) have shown no interest in ensuring the PIB is passed. If you understand democracy (the will of the majority) you will note that this is entirely about the PDP- especially when ,in the last republic, they had a ridiculous legislative majority yet still failed to pass the PIB.

The ACN , meanwhile, demonstrated with  the Amosun example, has always shown proactive and progressive conduct as per legislation.

Amosun got salary cut easily to free money for capital spendings . GEJ whimpers "leaner government not possible" and turns towards the empty pockets of Nigerians (via subsidy "removal"wink to make money available for "infrastructural spending".

ACN Senators refuse to confirm an ambassadorial nominee who failed certain tests yet the PDP , using their majority, were happy to confirm her , "bow and go" style,  because "she can learn on the job" !!!

Lagos State passes a law to send terrorist to jail for life the PDP controlled FG think murdering terrorists only deserve 5 years in prision.

My guy, I don't need to spell it out to you. The ACN public servants are always , by far, more progressive and pro-people than their PDP counterpart. Left to the ACN, and going by what we can all see as per bills sponsored,  the PIB would have been passed long ago.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) Is Dead In NASS - Senator Enang by yim(f): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2011
IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT THE NORTH, NIGERIA NEEDS THIS BILL, YET THEY ARE TALKING OF THE NORTH. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT LET US GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) Is Dead In NASS - Senator Enang by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2011
Because you choose not to see it. the point is that no one can drag the ACN into this when those in the the numerical majority in our legislative and executive arm (PDP) have shown no interest in ensuring the PIB is passed. If you understand democracy (the will of the majority) you will note that this is entirely about the PDP- especially when ,in the last republic, they had a ridiculous legislative majority yet still failed to pass the PIB.

The ACN , meanwhile, demonstrated with the Amosun example, has always shown proactive and progressive conduct as per legislation.

Amosun got salary cut easily to free money for capital spendings . GEJ whimpers "leaner government not possible" and turns towards the empty pockets of Nigerians (via subsidy "removal"wink to make money available for "infrastructural spending".

ACN Senators refuse to confirm an ambassadorial nominee who failed certain tests yet the PDP , using their majority, were happy to confirm her , "bow and go" style, because "she can learn on the job" !!!

Lagos State passes a law to send terrorist to jail for life the PDP controlled FG think murdering terrorists only deserve 5 years in prision.

My guy, I don't need to spell it out to you. The ACN public servants are always , by far, more progressive and pro-people than their PDP counterpart. Left to the ACN, and going by what we can all see as per bills sponsored, the PIB would have been passed long ago.

Like I said your answer doesn't just rhyme at all, like we say here "e no jell". You bash the PDP for killing the bill, but you forget the same PDP introduced the bill not ACN give them credit for that, if the ACN legislators really do care about the passage of this "pro-people" bill, one or two of them would have raised the issue up, isn't it also surprising that we are hearing about the bill going nowhere from a PDP legislator, if the ACN legislators are so "pro-people" why haven't they at least made a statement or brought up this issue on the floor of the chambers, my guess is they don't really care cus they believe it would benefit the ss people more so" no be their concern for this palavar",

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can Win More On Virtual Football / Who Are The Top Copywriters In Nigeria? / Make Serious Money On Shopify In Nigeria Or Anywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.