Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? (1341 Views)

What Will You Do If You Where In His Shoe? / Man Arrested With Knife In Shoe At Detroit Airport / The Oldest Leather Shoe Ever Found, Can You Believe It 5,500 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by Gnexplore: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2011
Am 38 years old married man and had concluded a graduate program in the Scandinavia country, three years back. However, it has been difficult to secure professional job. At same time, I thank God that I have unprofessional job that has placed me on the part for permanent residence in two years time.

Also, three years back I did apply for “Skilled workers and professionals” of Canada which is still in primary process stage. Consequently on this delay I applied for graduate admission into University of Ottawa for Jan. 2012 beginning. Thank God also, I did secure the admission and the student visa, although I will need job on/off campus to foot my tuition and other bills.

My questions are:

1. Should I wait and get my permanent residence in two years, than going off to Canada this January 2012

2. How easy is it to secure job on / off campus in Ottawa?

3. What is the impact of earlier “Skilled workers and professionals” if i move to Canada as a study?

4. What is impact of age?

5. Is there other alternatives or advice?

Your advices and contributions are appreciate and thank you.
Re: If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by dellnet: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2011
Some info on work permit as student http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

I think your study in Canada will boost your PR application. Just make sure you update them on any changes.
Re: If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by llbhuds: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2011
you know very well that even UK dont pay high for labor as much as any Scandinavian country does and what makes you think that you will get good pay in canada compared to ur present country.
i also think have a permanent residence in any of the Scandinavian country is a very good thing and i think you know this urself
Re: If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by Davedavy: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2011
If i were you,i would wait and get the permanent resident permit (PR) and with this i believe you can file for citizenship.At least right now,you have a job (though unprofessional).If you are keen on furthering your education,i believe education is free in most of the Scandinavian countries up to Phd level,why not take that advantage?.
Besides which country are you? Traveling to Canada now to start all over again is not the best option,don't rely on any job to augment your tuition fees and other bills,that is risky,what if you wouldn't find any job or the pay isn't enough to patch things up.

Moreover,you mentioned you are married,and probably with kids i guess.Please think this over and over again before plunging into decision.

All the best.
Re: If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by DisGuy: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
Any other particular reason why you want to take a further post graduate course

Any other reason why you want to leave your current location

Are you restricted, are you allowed to travel outside
Re: If You Are In My Shoe, What Will You Do? by Gnexplore: 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
llbhuds:

you know very well that even UK dont pay high for labor as much as any Scandinavian country does and what makes you think that you will get good pay in canada compared to your present country.
i also think have a permanent residence in any of the Scandinavian country is a very good thing and i think you know this urself

Thank you for your points and advice.
Davedavy:

If i were you,i would wait and get the permanent resident permit (PR) and with this i believe you can file for citizenship.At least right now,you have a job (though unprofessional).If you are keen on furthering your education,i believe education is free in most of the Scandinavian countries up to Phd level,why not take that advantage?.
Besides which country are you? Traveling to Canada now to start all over again is not the best option,don't rely on any job to augment your tuition fees and other bills,that is risky,what if you wouldn't find any job or the pay isn't enough to patch things up.

Moreover,you mentioned you are married,and probably with kids i guess.Please think this over and over again before plunging into decision.

All the best.

Thank you for your points and advice.
Dis Guy:

Any other particular reason why you want to take a further post graduate course

Any other reason why you want to leave your current location

Are you restricted, are you allowed to travel outside
Thank you for your points, my travelling depends on if am on vacation

(1) (Reply)

Amazon To Nigeria / Nairalanders In Baltimore Let's Meet Here / Whats The Best Hotel In Nigeria,wanna Visit This Country.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.