Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:36 AM

Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! (20356 Views)

MTN N300 For 3GB Internet Data Plan Is Out / Airtel Blackberry New Data Plan / Mtn Blackberry Plan Is Now N1000 A Month- instead of N1500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by ayosiku: 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2011
MTN new Blackberry new monthly N1,400 data plan is plain insane!!!

I recently retrieved my blackberry mobile phone and decided to go for the new Mtn monthly N1,400 data plan for blackberry smart phones and i was really dissapointed  to learn that it was limited to meager 200mb of data plan,  I was really excited when i heard that Mtn had decide to do something better than what Glo mobile offered consumers . by the way, Glo's bb internet plan monthly cost N1,400 and includes 3bg internet data plan. I really don't know what Mtn is up to because it just is plain insane. Mtn,,  what is the point?
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by whiskystan: 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
Check again is 1500 not 1400 yeah is package wiv huge limitations better stick wiv Glo
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by MrRosh: 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
I'm deeply disgusted by the whole 200Mb limit created by MTN. Well I have got a little way around it though but once my subscription expires i will dump my MTN line and instantly switch to Glo.

I would love to enjoy the 1400 MTN plan but i love my music and cannot accommodate reducing my download to 200MB when i download albums and tracks on daily bases. grin
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by softtouch2(m): 8:59am On Feb 22, 2012
I have used Glo, zain and MTN subscription (Full BIS)
With my experience, I'm sticking with MTN. Why?

I'm downloading anything downloadable. Some pay for 6GB monthly for N7,500, but with my N3,000 BIS for MTN, I can download above 10GB with my busy schedule, If I'm less busy, I planning to get above 15GB mark on my BB.

It all depends on what work best for individual.

1 Like

Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by MrRosh: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2012
No doubt you could be right on that one! I downloaded ober 2gb with the I500 subscription on MTN but i recently received the notice of 200Mb for that plan. Since i dont plan to steal in this life and anytime soon i rather have to go to Glo CoMonth!

Any better idea will help,
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by softtouch2(m): 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2012
Mr. Rosh:

No doubt you could be right on that one! I downloaded ober 2gb with the I500 subscription on MTN but i recently received the notice of 200Mb for that plan. Since i dont plan to steal in this life and anytime soon i rather have to go to Glo CoMonth!

Any better idea will help,

Under compressed data technology of BB, a 60MB compressed data is going for around 250 - 260 MB real data, meaning 200MB MTN is offering might be going for over 1GB real time data.

Anyway, you got nothing to worry using FULL BIS service of UNlimited download from MTN ( if you get 3G or 4G in your area).
The only problem I got with Glo is constant BB signal outage, which always interrupt my downloads.

1 Like

Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by MrRosh: 8:45am On Feb 23, 2012
"Under compressed data technology of BB, a 60MB compressed data is going for around 250 - 260 MB real data, meaning 200MB MTN is offering might be going for over 1GB real time data."

Anyway si you advise i stick to MTN? but i seriously aint ready for that 3000 BBM full subscription and more so its still unstable like for the past few days its being off and on!

I guess i may just be patient alil more and see where this goes. This is cause i have lil faith in MTN as well as Glo but i have three lines including Etisalat so i have at list three options to choose from. Let me run one more month on MTN and see.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by soma042(m): 11:07am On Feb 23, 2012
ps can somone tell me the code that i can use to terminate my mtn zone that im using
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by Igonih(m): 10:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
Pls how can I download stuff from youtube on my blackberry. I use mtn 1500 monthly. Please I don't know much about downloading on phone. Tell me what I have to do to be. Able to download from youtube to save cost.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by mjay(m): 9:31am On Mar 24, 2012
First of all the service is 1500 not 1400, secondly the MTN complete is UNLIMITED yea you heard right. I have used it over and over and there is no restrictions whatsoever. There are days when my downloads is in excess of 1gig (Just Iday).
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by mjay(m): 9:32am On Mar 24, 2012
First of all the service is 1500 not 1400, secondly the MTN complete is UNLIMITED yea you heard right. I have used it over and over and there is no restrictions whatsoever. There are days when my downloads is in excess of 1gig -Just Iday.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by dahmylolah(m): 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
I agree wiv @mjay... I use mtns BIS of 1500mnthly and i can tell Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊. That till nw  have used much more than 2GB!!although Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊ don't ave access τoo some sitesunlike glo ii have full 3G i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̅ ma area S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ movies,songs and even system applications are downloadable on ma BB
PS i use å BB 9700
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by Mcleo007(m): 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2012
Igonih: Pls how can I download stuff from youtube on my blackberry. I use mtn 1500 monthly. Please I don't know much about downloading on phone. Tell me what I have to do to be. Able to download from youtube to save cost.

Go to vuclip.com or tubidy.mobi to download Youtube videos. All u have to do is key in Ur search.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by Igonih(m): 3:19am On Mar 26, 2012
Thanks mcleo007 thanks a million times.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by francis247(m): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2012
pls house, which network 3G internet modem is best for streaming, especially live events such as a match. Urgent and sincere response needed; Thanks.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by Hotdiamond(m): 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2012
hey guys. Which of the etisalat BB plans has Unlimited data usage. Quick responses pleaseeeeee.
Re: Mtn New Blackberry New Monthly N1,400 Data Plan Is Plain Insane! by Mcleo007(m): 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2012
Hotdiamond: hey guys. Which of the etisalat BB plans has Unlimited data usage. Quick responses pleaseeeeee.

The monthly plan is.

(1)

Is Chrome Really Better Than Uc Browser? / Glo Blackberry Comonth 3GB Slashed To 1GB / How To Remove Monkey Test And Time Service Permanently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.