Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,074 members, 7,852,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:04 PM

Femi Kuti Nominated For Grammys For The 3rd Time: And He Doesn't Care - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti Nominated For Grammys For The 3rd Time: And He Doesn't Care (841 Views)

Man Reveals He Doesn't Like Adekunle Gold , See Responds He Got From Him. / Snoop Dogg Blasts The Grammys For Snubbing Hip-hop. / Dbanj, Omawunmi, Femi Kuti, Others At The White House In America (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Nominated For Grammys For The 3rd Time: And He Doesn't Care by naijarazzi: 8:27am On Dec 01, 2011
For the third time, but he's yet to win one. Well, he doesn't care about being nominated. Yes! He revealed this last year. His first Grammy nomination was in 2003, for the critically-acclaimed album, Fight to Win. Femi kuti's Day By Day received a nomination for Best Contemporary World Music Album in 2010. And now he has received his third nomination

BEST WORLD MUSIC ALBUM
-AfroCubism, AfroCubism
-Africa For Africa, Femi Kuti
-Songs From a Zulu Farm, Ladysmith & -Black Mambazo
-Tassili, Tinariwen

Well, femi has vowed not to attend the Grammys again after losing out the first time he was nominated. Femi disclosed then that he regret attending the prestigious event.

"When I arrived at the red carpet, nobody came for me, my record company didn't come, I felt stupid and so I knew I could not win. I sacked my manager, a French man, and they sacked me too. The journed back home was very long. I felt sad. Since then I vowed never to attend the Grammy Awards again.
My father never went for any awards, and where they presented him an
Read full story
http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/12/femi-kuti-grammy-nominated-for-third.html?m=1
Re: Femi Kuti Nominated For Grammys For The 3rd Time: And He Doesn't Care by anonymous6(f): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2011
link=topic=815140.msg9668255#msg9668255 date=1322724432:

For the third time, but he's yet to win one. Well, he doesn't care about being nominated. Yes! He revealed this last year.  His first Grammy nomination was in 2003, for the critically-acclaimed album, Fight to Win. Femi kuti's Day By Day received a nomination for Best Contemporary World Music Album in 2010. And now he has received his third nomination

BEST WORLD MUSIC ALBUM
-AfroCubism, AfroCubism
-Africa For Africa, Femi Kuti
-Songs From a Zulu Farm, Ladysmith & -Black Mambazo
-Tassili, Tinariwen

Well, femi has vowed not to attend the Grammys again after losing out the first time he was nominated. Femi disclosed then that he regret attending the prestigious event.

"When I arrived at the red carpet, nobody came for me, my record company didn't come, I felt silly and so I knew I could not win. I sacked my manager, a French man, and they sacked me too. The journed back home was very long. I felt sad. Since then I vowed never to attend the Grammy Awards again.
My father never went for any awards, and where they presented him an
Read full story
http://www.jimmysonde.com/2011/12/femi-kuti-grammy-nominated-for-third.html?m=1

I understand where he is coming from, with that experience who could blame him for not wanting to go back to the Grammys. To be real the Grammy's really doesn't care for African musicians, or non-westernized musicians, it sad but obvious. I feel there needs to be a time that Africans create a Music awards for themselves like they did with the AMAA.

(1) (Reply)

Alec Baldwin Kicked Off Flight; Giuliana Rancic Continues Cancer Battle / Video: Kobe and Vanessa might be reconciling, they were caught kissing at Lakers / Bobby Brown Explains Why He Left Whitney Houston’s Funeral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.