Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,890 members, 7,956,356 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Grammy Award Feb. 2012 Kanye West Tops Nominations - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Grammy Award Feb. 2012 Kanye West Tops Nominations (839 Views)

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD / Davido Loses Out in 5 Nominations At Channel O Awards-2014, List Of Winners / Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grammy Award Feb. 2012 Kanye West Tops Nominations by speak2me: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2011
Rapper Kanye West led the field of Grammy award contenders for 2012 with seven nominations, including for his album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and his joint venture with Jay-Z Watch The Throne.
But British singer Adele – whose album 21 is the biggest-selling of 2011 – and R&B artist Bruno Mars were close behind with six apiece, including nods for the three big awards of album, song and record of the year.
Other leading contenders for the major music industry awards show include US alternative rock band Foo Fighters, also with six nominations, while rapper Lil Wayne and newcomer Skrillex had five nominations apiece.
The nominations for the top awards were announced during a televised concert in Los Angeles featuring performances by Lady Gaga, Usher and up-and-coming country singers The Band Perry.
Winners in all 78 categories will be announced at the Grammy Awards ceremony and show on 12 February.
Traditional rock bands were largely missing from the leading categories, with hip-hop artists and female singers including Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Katy Perry grabbing the spotlight.
The best new artist category produced a particularly eclectic mix of female rapper Nicki Minaj, hip-hop artist J. Cole, country sensations The Band Perry, house and electropop performer Skrillex and American folk band Bon Iver.
The seven Grammy nods for West crowned a critical and commercial comeback for the controversial 34-year-old rapper who took a self-imposed hiatus from performing in 2009.
West recorded his best rap album contender My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in Hawaii after removing himself from the mainstream US music scene following harsh criticism over his 2009 outburst involving country starlet Taylor Swift at the MTV Video Music Awards.
West, already a 14 time Grammy winner, was also nominated for song of the year for All of the Lights and best rap performance with Jay-Z for Otis.

(1) (Reply)

Ew! Music : Download Babasala - Follow Me / Here Comes The Newest Art In The Music Industry "Yaziiboii"' / Eedris Abdulkareem – NEW EDO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.