Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,611 members, 7,823,663 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Football Business Five-Aside - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Football Business Five-Aside (2079 Views)

Can Someone Make Money From Football Aside Betting / Can Someone Make Money From Football Aside Betting / Yahoo Yahoo Aside, Guys Are Honestly Making It Online (seun Osewa Included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Football Business Five-Aside by zumbigbo(m): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2011
Greetings brother and sisters!

Ok. We all know that Nigerian football is in a sorry state. It is not through a lack of talent, in fact the opposite is true, we have an abundant of riches!

Yet our problem is that we (the critical mass) are waiting on miracles for the NFA to provide a fertile, enabling environment so our talent can flourish. I dun tire! We now know that this is like waiting for Naija police to stop collecting N20.

So, I want to play my own part to help turn this around as I want to see Nigeria lift the World Cup in my own lifetime.

I believe we need to invest in the youth and stop them playing on rugged pitches where they twist knee, split open head and have career ending injuries before they have even matured. I want to build a couple of 3G five-a-side astroturf football pitches as I believe that this is the best way for kids to develop fire foot skills, an understanding of playing in tight spaces as well as developing confidence, teamwork etc,

I wanted to canvass NL'er opinions on if you think that there will be demand for this kind of thing, as I am aiming to charge adults for the right to play/hire the piches during the evening and weekends, while we coach the kids (U-16) and allow them to play for free money in the afternoon.

Abeg. Any ideas/suggestions welcome?

Thanks in advance for reading through my thoughts grin

Re: Football Business Five-Aside by mikolo80: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2011
why not a full size pitch that can be used for corporate,church and even school leagues with plans for further expansion to all states or local govt as you deem profitable
Re: Football Business Five-Aside by 1forall: 3:09pm On Oct 20, 2012
Me thinks its a good idea, its just the peculiar Nigerian business environment that needs to be well prepared for as I dont imagine you would be interested in doing this as a charity. For this to have any positive impact on national football the normal thing to do shall be to get involved with Nigerian football authorities and that for me is where the headaches begin.

The current NFF has been declared an illegal body, and even the NFA before that was full of; and run by rogues, rent seekers and pure businessmen with no passion for sport. How a noble idea such as yours would make sense to such people whose primary interest is embezzlement from the National sporting budget is a big question you would need to ask yourself.

If you can find a reasonably satisfactory answer then you're onto something here man.

Don't mean to sound pessimistic but its the reality of the situation on ground. If you saw the pictures of the Abuja national stadium floating about on the internet some weeks ago you would understand that there's no political will on the part of Nigerian sports administrators to lift the state of Nigerian sport.
Re: Football Business Five-Aside by mikolo80: 4:34pm On Oct 20, 2012
Time to privatise.anything to do with govt parastatals is planning to fail cos they only abt the short game
Re: Football Business Five-Aside by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Bro
How did It go?

(1) (Reply)

Is Internet Business Real? / What Business Can I Start With 1million Naira / Offshore Funds Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.