Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91734 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:27am On Dec 27, 2011
Kilode?! Kilode?! Kilode?!  They're calling your name o.  cheesy

[flash=520,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYdrJn5XcA[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJYdrJn5XcA

Ha!  Crud!  Santa messed up. cry That's what I want(ed) for Christmas:  A talking drum. I'ma get me one too. Sharp Sharp! cool smiley
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 27, 2011
debosky:

Moderator sef dey join railuway derailment crew?  shocked grin

Hope y'all had a good Keresimesi. . . I may have to move to size 36 pants for January after all my indulging.  embarassed

and so it begins. . . sad sad sad sad

i'm on an uncomfortable size 38 sad sad sad
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
E joo, don't mind Debosky.  There's someone out there to love everyone.  Size whatever clothes. . . (shrug).  Bear in mind that Debosky's a jetsetting oversabi METROSEXUAL.  On his planet, waist size is everything.  cheesy

Kilode, your dream of us civilizing the rest of the world is coming to fruition o.  Here's a video of some Japanese people excellently playing Yoruba/Djembe drums, and singing what sounds like Yoruba . . . something ". . . Gbaiye"  You know how perfectionist  those people are; if we don't stop teaching them, before you know it, they'll be doing our own culture better than us.  shocked  You gotta read the comments on YouTube.  grin
[flash=480,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpt59Ala-8U[/flash]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=rpt59Ala-8U

More drumming and a Japanese girl doing an African dance grin
[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSOBVyvqt4[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epSOBVyvqt4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Also, found this while looking for something else. 
I'm not saying Kats is in there as a little boy o. 
I am not saying a word.  lipsrsealed (Part 1 of 2)
[flash=520,360]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr2zPbrMUGM[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr2zPbrMUGM&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Part 2 of 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrXfLwgc44&feature=watch_response
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2011
Isale's reference to My Dreams:

That thread --> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-833237.0.html

The thread would have been a good place to articulate that dream once again, maybe complemented with another enlightened treatise from Oga Katsumoto. .but NL had to do what NL does. embarassed

Anyway, wether they accept or not. There is something great about the Irunmoles. They don't hate.

Like Baba Abimbola said, "Ifa Will Mend The Broken World"

. .When the world is ready for mending. . . undecided
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
I can see that Katsumoto is putting in work in Japan. I thought we lost him for a minute. smiley

Colonize their minds angry cool
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:03am On Dec 28, 2011
Kilode?!:

Oh, Kilode,

I went in there looking for you. shocked Missed my way along the way. Long story short. . . uuglyyyy. . . I laid into some folks. . .huge pileup. . . your ol' buddy and fstranger's soulmate went at me . . .old wounds reopened. . . mangled bikes and everything in there.  Next time, just link the specific post. grin  Also, apparently, I'm a "diva."  cheesy

My guess is that Katsumoto is one of the little ruffians in that Japanese home video.  You see the older boy learning karate?  I doubt that's him sha.  Even at such a tender age, he knew how to go under the radar.  Very clandestine brother.  cool Right now he's prob undercover in Czechoslovakia.
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2011
Lol @ "diva". Whoever called you that went in hard. haha
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2011
hahahahaha.  I think I like it actually.  That's me: D-I-V-A  cool

Yes yes indeed I do.  grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
Now I have to start behaving in a [i]diva[/i]ish way . . and doing [i]diva[/i]ish things. . .

I can learn from the best.  Aretha Franklin is universally proclaimed as a diva extraordinaire - she even hosted a show, right?  A series of them, where she flaunted her superdivaness to put Celine Dion in her place. 

A great one to learn from.  I shall commence studying the videos - her mannerisms, spending habits (yeah right), hand gestures, haughty mein. . . tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 2:20am On Dec 29, 2011
@ OAM4J and Ileke

Na wa o

Kilode?!:

The thread would have been a good place to articulate that dream once again, maybe complemented with another enlightened treatise from Oga Katsumoto. .but NL had to do what NL does. embarassed

Anyway, wether they accept or not. There is something great about the Irunmoles. They don't hate.

Like Baba Abimbola said, "Ifa Will Mend The Broken World"

. .When the world is ready for mending. . . undecided

That thread is a bloodbath. lipsrsealed

Kilode?!:

I can see that Katsumoto is putting in work in Japan. I thought we lost him for a minute. smiley

Colonize their minds angry cool

Hahaha grin grin grin grin grin

One day, I will reveal my connection with Japan. cool

isale_gan2:

Oh, Kilode,

I went in there looking for you. shocked Missed my way along the way. Long story short. . . uuglyyyy. . . I laid into some folks. . .huge pileup. . . your ol' buddy and fstranger's soulmate went at me . . .old wounds reopened. . . mangled bikes and everything in there.  Next time, just link the specific post. grin  Also, apparently, I'm a "diva."  cheesy

My guess is that Katsumoto is one of the little ruffians in that Japanese home video.  You see the older boy learning karate?  I doubt that's him sha.  Even at such a tender age, he knew how to go under the radar.  Very clandestine brother.  cool Right now he's prob undercover in Czechoslovakia.

This diva is too funny. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:35am On Dec 29, 2011
Do not speak [s]unless you can improve the silence[/s] until you are spoken to.  angry
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2011
Katsumoto:

@ OAM4J and Ileke

Na wa o

He's a Player Player nau.  don't begrudge him.

That thread is a bloodbath.  lipsrsealed

Too long to read.  lol.  I have to go into my profile just to find my posts.  BTW, this sort of battles tend to happen at year-end.  (I seem to recall the great tribal wars of 2010 holidays.)  Kinda like meeting quota, huh? huh?  You know what I'm saying.  wink 

Hahaha  grin grin grin grin grin

One day, I will reveal my connection with Japancool

This diva is too funny.  grin grin grin grin grin

Right after you reveal your connection with Naija, with Brasil, with Cuba, with Britain, with Shangai, with Afghanistan, with. . .

Ah $@#*% you and your dubious connections.  What about this diva?  I'm soooo stressed!  cry 

sad undecided embarassed angry angry angry sad embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

grin

angry
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
isale_gan2:

He's a Player Player nau.  don't begrudge him.

Too long to read.  lol.  I have to go into my profile just to find my posts.  BTW, this sort of battles tend to happen at year-end.  (I seem to recall the great tribal wars of 2010 holidays.)  Kinda like meeting quota, huh? huh?  You know what I'm saying.  wink 

Right after you reveal your connection with Naija, with Brasil, with Cuba, with Britain, with Shangai, with Afghanistan, with. . .

Ah $@#*% you and your dubious connections.  What about this diva?  I'm soooo stressed!
  cry 

sad undecided embarassed angry angry angry sad embarassed

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Diva diva diva
Wouldn't you like to know? My unit was stationed in Afghanistan for 2 years. lol joke joke
BTW, you gave me the afghani connection; I have no connection with Afghanistan. grin grin grin grin

I am surprised you left out Spain and Portugal. tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
Aw crud!  I'm losing my touch! 

How could I have forgotten Spain?  And de Portugeezers!

Yes, I made up the Afghani connection, inspired by the notorious Nairaland Wikileakin. cheesy 

I've lost my mind.  You know what I've been doing all morning?  Trying to save a ladybug!  Yes!  Those beetle-like things but PRETTY with dots.  I woke up and saw something on my headboard.  Thought I didn't remember putting an earring there.  Picked it up; put it back down cos it was so tiny.  It just laid there dead still.  A few minutes later it starts trying to crawl and kept rolling over on its round back. lol.  So I keep turning it upright so it can keep crawling; thought about just putting it out but it's too cold.  Then I picked it up again and inspected it with a magnifying glass, and found that not all its legs are moving right and its side is slightly crushed in.  Long story short I've found they eat Aphids which are found around roses (there's a dozen roses in the room which is prob what attracted it), they're harmless and are just looking for warmth to hibernate, and they do drink water, which I tried to feed it.  hahahaha.  Almost drowned it.  Then I put all the roses on the floor cos I don't know how to pick out the Aphids which are probably microscopic anyway, and put the ladybug in the middle so it can smell the Aphids and eat them and get better so I wouldn't be a ladybug killer. 
cry

So, yeah, even the ladybug is looking at me like, "lady, you've lost your damn mind, just put me out in the cold, please."
  grin embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2011
^

WTH??

That was a scary treehugging liberal sob story. Do you drive a prius too? Smart car?

Kill the kokoro, put it out of it's misery already j/k

I kid embarassed
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2011
Eyin temi bawoni
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2011
Kilode?!:

^

WTH??

That was a scary treehugging liberal sob story. Do you drive a prius too? Smart car?

Kill the kokoro, put it out of it's misery already j/k

I kid embarassed

I already said, I'm not myself today.  lol.  I've never done anything like that before.  cheesy embarassed grin

But ladybugs are cute, I have to say.  Yeah, I've lost my mind.  It's official.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2011
DK, You don't scare me.  You're dealing with a diva now.  So, be warned.  BTW, this video you posted was tolerable: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsjoBl9aRw.

You can play the drums, right?  Omo Odua like you.  hehehehe.  I've decided drummers are the hottest thing yet.  So I will spam the thread with more drumming videos.

[flash=480,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-w0pqT5RI[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX-w0pqT5RI
Ayodapo Oyelana: http://iyailu.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=22&Itemid=34

This one didn't pass the test last week for a Yoruba Keresimesi video
but the performance was in 1998, so they tried overall.
[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chuzb9fZ8v8[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chuzb9fZ8v8
Re: O Ye My People! by Idowuogbo(f): 2:08am On Dec 30, 2011
Guess whose backkkk,oya who missed moi cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by dayokanu(m): 5:04am On Dec 30, 2011
Thanks eyin omo Oduduwa ti e gbe Gbawe wole
Re: O Ye My People! by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2011
This week I had a conversation that made me reminisce on my past.

It was back in the day in school, pre-university. I had a group of friends, mostly Naija boys, we used to hang together in the school library and we used to mix with some other black britico girls. Being teenage girls, these babes were mostly fine. Fresh and at their peak visually. We as teenage boys too, hormone they rage. My eye no fit stay in im socket when I dey that school.

There was this particular Sierra Leonean, British-raised girl with enough on her body to make a man go gaga. After knowing her for a few months, I asked her to come out with me, make we go to cinema. She agreed.

On the agreed date, she came to my area, I met her at the bus stop and she said we should go to my house that she wants to chill first. I noticed she was dressed so nice, so I knew I was in since she was making an effort. Although that time these African pikins of the UK no dey like the ones of today that are proud to be African. Back then, dem dey try look like Jamo, so she had this seriously gelled hair wey the hair go stand gedegbe like if say im hair na banana tree leaf. I just dey look the cleavage on the display panel and the hips on this omo. She was giving me full display. I was making my moves and she dey respond. Dey let me tap current like person wey no dey pay im NEPA bills while she dey smile. I was like "Ah, I go perform wonder o". I was already planning wetin I go do and the special move I go give this girl when kasala point reach. I left her in the sitting room and went into my bedroom to arrange it and study the spatial generosity of the room when the babe lie there and I do the special move I had been planning (front flip and land in the "bullseye" ).

Not to rush things and to avoid showing my desperation (I don dey plan for the girl for long), I decided to keep with my invitation promise and we should go and catch a movie as we planned. We left the house, caught the bus (I no get car those days o) and went to the cinema park, most times with me gently holding her hands. I bought tickets for a film (back seats, of course) and some popcorn and drinks for her. I can't remember the name but maybe it was "Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song" considering it was 1971 when I was in school pre-university. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Sweetback%27s_Baadasssss_Song

We siddon for back and dey watch movie with my hands on her shoulder and she leaning towards me. Everything was just jellying men. I just dey kampe with a chic I had been planning for for months. I no fit wait make the yeye film finish make I wire this ele, men, and launch my koboko. I just dey pissed with myself say I select film wey be about 2 and the half hours or more when I could have selected any that was 90mins or less.

Na so we dey for back and I dey soft smooch, na him I just get GBAM for my face. I swear my eyes suddenly become more powerful than NASA telescopes as I dey see STARS of different colours. I no dey joke o, I swear I was seeing a rainbow of stars as na inside cinema I dey and the place dey dark when person slap me straight for my eyes (not cheeks). You dey ask which person? Na my date wey I dey smooch for the past 30 minutes or so o. No be say I don do anything different or even gone out of hand o. I no try UnCloth am or anything indecent and she never said a word of complaint or body language of resistance from the point of meeting up and till the point of my slap for cinema.

I looked at her, spreading out my hands like what the fck is wrong with you, while getting up at the same time. GBOSA!!! I get another slap right in the face, I was seeing more planets that NASA are just discovering recently. White star, blue star, light orange star, grey star and so on. The girl no dey miss her target: on the face between the nose and my eyebrows was the epicentre of the thunder slaps.

I was livid, I got up and the girl got up ready to fight me with her umbrella raised and telling me to "Come on!". Some people in the Cinema even turned back to look what was happening.

My Bad Angel on my left shoulder was like [in African Accent]: "Sag, whoop this b1tch, man mi! For leti (Slap her)"

My Player Angel on the right shoulder was like [in Yankee Accent]: "Nigga wait! Remember her booobies. Those shyt are succulent. If you whoop her, she aint gonna let you slam. You aint gonna feel that succulent shyt. We are almost close to getting it, Nigga. Don't throw the babe out with the bad water. We have waited for months for this shyt".

Bad Angel: "Omo, whoop the b1tch! What the fck did you do to deserve 2 slaps. She knew what she came there for and was encouraging you all day. Give her a slap let her visit the planets you have visited this afternoon without visa."

Player Angel: "Nigga, look at her. See how hot the babe looks. Look at that cleavage. If you whoop her arsse and the cinema staff call the police on you people who would believe you were able to control yourself and were not trying to sexually assault her in the dark if she claims so and she was only defending herself. You wanna go to jail, Nigga? The policeman himself will take the pix of her cleavage and arsse and take it to court as evidence, saying 'My Lord, how could he claim he resisted touching these?'. You wanna spend a few nights behind bars?"

I came back to my senses and sat back down. She sat back down and continued watching the movie. I just sat there dazed wondering what the fck was the problem but hoping she would calm down and I would still get to launch my Koboko as I had set my sight on a launcheon party. My people, teenage hormones get power pass brain o.

After the movie, we left the cinema together and she said goodbye nicely and walked to the station. My loss was complete.

My people, "Omo ni mo ro pe ima je, she ni mo n je'foti" (Na babe I think say I go chop, I come dey chop slaps).

{Looks to the skies} I had no choice but to leave her to God. Let God be the judge of what she did to me when I was expecting something else.

Na after about 2 weeks wey my fear of shame don come down small, I tell one of my homeboys (actually the one I was referring to here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-760569.0.html#msg9155035) what happened. After he laughed at me, he said he is not surprised. I asked why. He said "Don't I know ni? The babe is not completely screwed on and she behaves awkward sometimes, he does not think she is completely okay up there".

When after a month or so, after things had calmed down and I had seen her a few times, I asked her why the slaps, she said I was eating too much out of the popcorn I bought her when I said I did not want any and did not buy for myself.
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2011
^^^She must be a weirdo. grin grin
Haba! Stup!d gurl ni yen o
Re: O Ye My People! by VoodooDoll(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2011
Pre-university in 1971? Ok.

Now I understand why you can't stand cretins!
Re: O Ye My People! by jaybee3(m): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sagamite don finish me
Abeg the mark still dey your face cos it sure seems like that slap pass oyedepo's slap?
Re: O Ye My People! by mukina2: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2011
sagamite nor well at all at all grin grin

salone chics don play cool grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sagamite:

I came back to my senses and sat back down. She sat back down and continued watching the movie. I just sat there dazed wondering what the fck was the problem but hoping she would calm down and I would still get to launch my Koboko as I had set my sight on a launcheon party. Teenage hormones get power pass brain o.

After 2 hot slaps from a crazed girl, he still has hope.  Lawd a'mercy.  The thing powerful gan o.  Mo dupe f'olorun I am a woman so. . . I can think with my head.  tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sagamite

What a story. grin grin grin grin grin grin

But once you knew popcorn was the issue why didn't you do 'return of the mack' with all you can eat popcorn?

isale_gan2:

After 2 hot slaps from a crazed girl, he still has hope.  Lawd a'mercy.  The thing powerful gan o.  Mo dupe f'olorun I am a woman so. . . I can think with my head.  tongue

You better thank your lucky stars; teenage boys always think with their third legs. Once the girl sat down again, there was still hope. Saggy killed the move by not asking, in a very soft voice, why she did what she did.

Idowuogbo:

Guess whose backkkk,[b]oya who missed mo[/b]i cheesy

Not me grin Don't stray too far. tongue

I now know why they call you Badosky.

dayokanu:

Thanks eyin omo Oduduwa ti e gbe Gbawe wole

You can rest easy now. grin grin grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2011
mukina2:

sagamite nor well at all at all grin grin

salone chics don play cool grin

Yeah we know, they don't mess with their popcorn but you can explore their regions. grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2011
shocked   shocked   shocked 

Katsumoto:

Sagamite

What a story.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

But once you knew popcorn was the issue why didn't you do 'return of the mack' with[b] all you can eat popcorn[/b]?

PLAYER!  shocked  J'accuse!

You better thank your lucky stars; teenage boys always think with their third legs.

So it's only teenage boys?  hmmm.  Okay.  Got it.  wink

Once the girl sat down again, there was still hope. Saggy killed the move by not asking, in a very soft voice, why she did what she did.

P-L-A-Y-E-R!  Pplaaaaaaayyyaaaaaaaaaaa!  Puh-layer.  Player Player.  tongue   grin

If that's not a "player," you can correct me and provide the appropriate term for such proficiency in the arts of lipsrsealed and I will stand corrected.  Gracias, Senor.  cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hmmm, Sagamite, instead of receiving slaps for Jesus, na from woman im dey receive im own.
Abeg, match yaself to the nearest Winners Chapel joo. cheesy cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by Kilode1: 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2011
Sagamite!!

Iro o, that cannot be the end of the story.

Oya come back and finish the tale. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (68) (Reply)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Happy Birthday To Me. This Is How God Transformed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.