Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Mm Airport Concern With A Foreign Passport With A Nigerian Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mm Airport Concern With A Foreign Passport With A Nigerian Visa (939 Views)

Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet / Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / Assumed Legalized Bribery By The Nigerian Immigration At Mm Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mm Airport Concern With A Foreign Passport With A Nigerian Visa by Vasili: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2011
Hello fellow members, I have a concern which I need advice from anyone.
I plan on visiting Nigeria in January 2012 on a short 3 weeks visit. I was born in Nigeria but I moved to the states in early 90's, since then I've gotten a US citizenship and i carry an American passport.
I applied and received a Nigerian visa because I do not own a nigerian passport. My nigerian passport had expired since 1999 and i just didnt bother renewing it or getting a new nigerian passport since i have my us citizenship and passport. So my concern is, will i be hassled by these aggressive greedy custom men knowing Im a nigerian born with an American passport visiting Nigeria with a naija visa. I hope they don't see it as an insult and try to ask for bribe because I'm a naija guy with a foreign passport using a visa to visit my homeland.
Also is it safe to use a pre paid visa card for shopping in Lagos. I don't want to use my visa card, so I will just load my hard earned money on the pre paid MasterCard. At least this way I can control the amount of money I can transfer to my prepaid MasterCard
Thank you for any assistance.
God bless.
Vasili
Re: Mm Airport Concern With A Foreign Passport With A Nigerian Visa by DisGuy: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2011
1-Not a problem, it's your document and you have a valid visa, it's quite common actually

2- its safe to use a pre-paid card only that there are very few places accepting card payments- Cash is king

check with your bank if you can log on to your account from another country, i had problems with mine last year
Re: Mm Airport Concern With A Foreign Passport With A Nigerian Visa by Vasili: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Which postal service delivers parcel to Home Address In Lagos? / Airlines Tell FG To Shut Abuja Airport (Power & Runway Problems) / As An Azabaijan Passport Holder, Can I Get Visa On Arrival At The Airport In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.