Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible (3808 Views)

Why Must The Devil Be Stoned In Mecca? / Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God / Which DEVIL Is Being Stoned In MECCA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by LagosShia: 5:34pm On Dec 04, 2011
IN THE BIBLE EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING,EVEN ANIMALS,SHOULD BE STONED!

For touching Mount Sinai
13There shall not an hand touch it, but he shall surely be stoned, or shot through; whether it be beast or man, it shall not live: when the trumpet soundeth long, they shall come up to the mount.
Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things"
Achan , took of the accursed thing. , And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. , So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban despoil victims who fail to scream loud enough)
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For animals (like an ox that gores a human)
If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned. Exodus 21:28

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her , and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say , these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. , But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers , thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother , Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city , And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards
A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For giving your children to Molech
Whosoever , giveth any of his seed unto Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones. Leviticus 20:2

For breaking the Sabbath
They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. , And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones, And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king
Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

ofcourse christians would tell me Jesus said this
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.(John 8:7)

True,but Jesus also said this:

The Fulfillment of the Law
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19[b] Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, [/b]but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

SO WHY DID JESUS SAY WHAT HE SAID IN JOHN 8?

the answer can be found here,in the preceeding verses of John 8:7:

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

so why were they tempting him?

throughout,the pharisees keep bringing riddles and posers to Jesus.they want to either trap him breaking the law of Moses,or if he (Jesus) enforces it,they will then set him up with the roman authority.Jesus did not have political power,so why would they bring an accused woman for Jesus to punish her if their intentions were pure?Jesus knew that so he gave them the right answer and freed himself from the trap of both the jews and the romans and threw the ball back into their court.so it is wrong to say Jesus changed the law or was actually against enforcing the law based on john 8.

example of how Jesus upheld the mosaic old testament law:

Exodus 21:17
"Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death".

Matthew 15:4
"For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death".

John 5:3
"This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome",
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by LagosShia: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
contrary to the bible,and ironically not one verse of stoning is in the Holy Quran!
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by LagosShia: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2011
frosbel:

Let me joggle your memory !!!

[img]http://4.bp..com/_D4BHfLx8irc/S9FWyzld6qI/AAAAAAAAB3Y/oi_99nI0pho/s1600/stoning+victim.jpg[/img]

[img]http://kinialohaguy.files./2010/09/stoning.jpg?w=565&h=404[/img]

@frosbel

in which christian countries are they?  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 04, 2011
^^^^

In the Christian countries of Somalia, Iran and Pakistan. grin
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by LagosShia: 6:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

In the Christian countries of Somalia, Iran and Pakistan. grin

i see!

they are practicing bible-ism!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by bashydemy(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2011
@Frosbel you are such a stupi.d boy/man all those verses were put up for you to defend instead you coming with some pics of those thing that happen in some christian countries. Can you show me any verse in the Holy Quran that preaches those things up there? there are none but alot are in your bible/bibles
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by Lasinoh: 4:55am On Dec 10, 2011

And nailed to the cross too between 2 robbers! grin
Re: Everyone Should Be Stoned In The Bible by bashydemy(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2011
hahaha  grin grin grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

5 Atheists Who Lost Faith In Atheism / Who Said Angels Don't Have Sexual Feelings? / Nigerian Lady With Decent Dressing And No Makeup Gains Attention At Event (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.