Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria (4801 Views)

CHICAGO LOCKSMITHS- Intercom Installation Who Is It Knocking At My Door? / Running A Successful Auto Business In Nigeria / Sewage Truck Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 9:46am On Dec 05, 2011
The Professional Locksmiths Association of Nigeria has been established to provide the public with the re-assurance that when selecting a Locksmith displaying the Association Logo, they do so in confidence that the engineer has been carefully vetted and found to have:

. No criminal record.
. Provided at least 2 work references (within the Association) that have been undertaken and verified.
. Agreed to follow the Associations constitution to the letter.

The Professional Locksmiths Association of Nigeria is a non profit making association.

The Executives of the Locksmiths Regulatory body in Nigeria has been informed that certain people are parading themselves as locksmiths on Niaraland.

Please be informed that there are laws regulating practitioners of this business.
We also have a web site  where the names and businesses of all legally registered locksmiths in Nigeria are displayed. 
You are encouraged for your own protection to do a background check on the web site on anyone who claims to be a locksmith.
They MUST present their identity current and valid cards and display their membership certificate (displaying their registration number)
on the wall of their office.

Mobile locksmiths are operating illegally. All locksmiths are MANDATED to have a physical well equipped business location because of the sensitive nature of the profession.

We have had reported cases where these "mobile locksmith" defraud customers and abscond without trace.

THERE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY 3 LEGALLY REGISTERED LOCKSMITHS IN THIS FORUM.

1. Keyremotes: Mykeroom Ventures: 5, Ogunlesi Street, Off Bode Thomas Road, Onipanu, Lagos: 07057222508, 08029990359: Membership Number 291
2. kabloo: Adeiza Autos: Navy Town, Ojo, Lagos: 08022747777, 018816777: Membership Number 300
3. microfl: AB Locks Geek: 15, College Road, Ifako Ijaye Lagos: 08091062107: Membership Number 466

We shall continue to more names as soon as they are identified.

President, Professional Locksmiths Association of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2011
Locksmith Business is not restricted to
automobiles alone.

There are different areas of specialization :
Automobile
House/Home
Safe
Access Control etc
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by calculusx(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2011
1. Keyremotes: Mykeroom Ventures: 5, Ogunlesi Street, Off Bode Thomas Road, Onipanu, Lagos: 07057222508, 08029990359: Membership Number 291

I will like to know the cost of a spare remote and key for a 2005 Toyota 4-Runner asap. I can be reached via calculusfowler1948 at yahoo . com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
calculusx:

I will like to know the cost of a spare remote and key for a 2005 Toyota 4-Runner asap. I can be reached via calculusfowler1948 at yahoo . com
Please chech your inbox.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
calculusx:

Your address is bouncing back mails.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
[size=13pt]JUST AS YOU CANNOT JUST GO AND BUY GUNS AND BULLETS AND OPEN A FIREARMS SHOP,
YOU CANNOT JUST GO AND BUY A KEY PROGRAMMER BECAUSE YOU CAN AFFORD IT AND BEGIN TO
CUT AND PROGRAM KEYS.

THE LOCKSMITHS LICENSE HAS THE SAME VALUE AS THAT OF AN ARMS DEALER.
THEY ARE BOTH HIGH SECURITY PROFESSIONS THAT ARE HIGHLY REGULATED BY GOVERNMENT.

BEFORE YOU ENGAGE THE SERVICES OF A LOCKSMITH PLEASE COLLECT HIS INFORMATION AND
DO A CHECK ON THE PROFESSIONAL LOCKSMITHS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA WEB SITE.

WE CURRENTLY HAVE 466 MEMBERS NATIONWIDE LEGALLY OPERATING.

DO NOT COMMIT THE SECURITY OF YOUR HOME OR VEHICLE TO A FAKE.
[/size]
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by calculusx(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2011
keyremotes:

Your address is bouncing back mails.

I get too many spam mails of recent from Nairaland. I will call you soon.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
PLAN is the only registered and government approved Locksmith’s Association in Nigeria with the sole aim of accrediting and regulating the activities of locksmiths in Nigeria.

We provide locksmith services for the public and run workshops/seminars for our registered members in Nigeria. PLAN also provides a referral system for any member of the general public who may be looking for a competent locksmith for their home, business or automobile. The Association was established in 1996 to provide the public with the re-assurance that when selecting a locksmith displaying the Association's logo and certificate, they do so in confidence that the individual has been carefully vetted and has no criminal records, has thorough knowledge of our rules and complies with such rules.

We will like to advice that every member of the general public has the right to demand proof a locksmith's certification (identity card and certificate) before entrusting his or her job to the locksmith. And should there be any unresolved problem with any locksmith or any complain, feel free to lodge your complaint by calling the chairman directly on 08099357504 - doing so with the name and address of such locksmith and the nature of the problem. Remember, You can only lay complaints against a registered locksmith.

Use the navigation buttons to explore our history, names and addresses of our members in Nigeria etc.

We want to use this opportunity to advice manufacturers and suppliers of key blanks, key cutting and key programming machines to get clearance from us before selling their products. This is because there has been proliferation of these items in the country, as anyone who can afford them get these products without due process, making the system very porous and entertaining people with criminal tendencies.

The Nigerian Police, Customs, EFCC, SSS and other security operatives are empowered to enforce the necessary regulations bothering on locksmith trade in Nigeria. PLAN membership/identification is a requirement for members. And these operatives have the right to demand for them from members of the public who parade with key blanks/machines as these are security products.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 6:44am On Dec 06, 2011
[size=13pt]We will like to advice that every member of the general public has the right to demand
proof a locksmith's certification (identity card and certificate) before entrusting his or her job
to the locksmith. And should there be any unresolved problem with any locksmith or any complain,
feel free to lodge your complaint by calling the Chairman directly on 08099357504 -
doing so with the name and address of such locksmith and the nature of the problem.

Remember, You can only lay complaints against a registered locksmith.[/size]
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by sonety2k(m): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2011
happy sales
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2011
sonety2k:

happy sales
You are welcomed.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2011
A qualified and legally registered professional locksmith
will do a far better job for you.

Your security alongside your quality of work is guaranteed
as these locksmiths operate under strict regulations.

Call the Locksmiths Association President on 08099357504
for further details.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 10:11am On Dec 12, 2011
I think this thread should be allowed to remain on the first page of this Auto section.
Locksmith business anywhere in the world is highly sensitive and should be accorded same importance here.

I appeal to Inspired and the other guys moderating this section to do something to encourage professionalism here
just as they have been able to do with Auto Dealers.

I am a member of the Locksmiths Association hence I know the level of hard work the national executives have been
putting in to make sure we do not continue to have quacks in our midst.

Some of these people offer very ridiculous services.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
Mr. Chairman sir.
Today's discussion will go a long way in strengthening
the operations and public perception of the Locksmiths Association.

I must commend your resolve to take the association to the very heights.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
Tips for choosing a locksmith

What's in a name? Unscrupulous individuals often operate under many business names or aliases. They may answer the phone with a generic phrase like, "locksmith service" or simply "locksmith".  If the call is answered this way, ask, "What is the legal name of your business."

Unclear advertising: Look closely at the ad(s) in the yellow pages. Is the specific name of the business clearly identified?  Does the ad look similar to other ads but have a different name?  Does it appear that the dealer actually operates under several names?

Ask for identification: [/b]A legitimate locksmith should ask for identification and some form of proof that you have the authority to allow the unlocking to be done. [b]A legitimate locksmith should also provide you with identification in the form of a business card or invoice with the company name on it. Identifying information should also match the name on the service vehicle.

Get an estimate: Find out what the work will cost before you authorize it. Never sign a blank form authorizing work.

Demand an invoice: Insist on an itemized invoice. You can't dispute a charge without proof of how much you paid and what you paid for.

Just say no: If you are not comfortable with the service provider, you can, and should, refuse to work with the locksmith.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2011
If that "LOCKSMITH" doesn't issue you an invoice or receipt,
present his Locksmiths Association and Business identity cards
he is VERY likely an fake.

Beware of "DOGS"!!!
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2011
Only hire a licensed locksmith
Make sure to hire a professional, licensed locksmith. There are many unlicensed, inexperienced 'locksmiths' who may not have the credibility to be working on your home, office or vehicle security issues. What's more, they may be simply trying to make money, or even worse, gain access to your car, office, home or property for criminal pursuits. Make sure to ask your locksmith for his or her accreditation before allowing them to give you advice or services.

Locksmith services
A professional locksmith will be able to offer a multitude of security services. From installing a door security device or home safe, to opening a locked vehicle, locksmiths are able to offer you security advice that will keep your dwellings, vehicles and offices safe and secure.

Are They Registered With the Police?
As well as checking your locksmith’s identification and qualifications, you should also check that they are registered with the police.  They should have a full Police Clearance that they can produce on demand.  For further security and peace of mind, locksmiths should operate to a confidentiality policy
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by kablooee: 9:17am On Dec 17, 2011
@moderators
I think this should be a sticky post and should always be on the FrontPage of the auto section, If its important people know their auto dealers they should also know the reputable and registered locksmiths in Nigeria because they are actually very few. Please note.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 7:50pm On Dec 17, 2011
kablooee:

@moderators
I think this should be a sticky post and should always be on the FrontPage of the auto section, If its important people know their auto dealers they should also know the reputable and registered locksmiths in Nigeria because they are actually very few. Please note.
@Moderators
You guys are reading this.
Please give this request a fair and prompt consideration.
It will go a long way in sorting the chaff from the grains.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2011
I seriously do not think we should prevail on these guys on this issue.
With or without them the Association will do good.

If that "LOCKSMITH" doesn't issue you an invoice or receipt,
present his Locksmiths Association and Business identity cards
he is VERY likely an fake.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
[center][size=28pt]MERRY CHRISTMAS
AND
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012
[/size][/size][/center]
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2012
[size=28pt]AS WE ENTER A NEW YEAR,
PLEASE BEWARE OF WHO
YOU ALLOW TO HAVE ACCESS
TO YOUR VEHICLES AND HOME
FOR KEY REPLACEMENTS OR REPAIRS.

USE A QUALIFIED AND REGISTERED
LOCKSMITH.

THERE ARE A LOT OF FRAUDULENT
FELLOWS GOING ABOUT CLAIMING TO
BE LOCKSMITHS.

THERE ARE SOME HERE ON NAIRALAND.
[/size]
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by LOCKSMITHS: 11:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
[size=13pt]What is the Benefit of Using a Professional Locksmith Company?

Locksmiths are experts in lock changes, lock picking, safes, security, and more. You call a plumber whenever you need help with your plumbing, because plumbers have the expertise necessary to ensure that the job is done right.

You call an electrician when you need help with your electrical wiring because they have the tools and training to complete the project. Locksmiths are trained, skilled experts at handling locks and security, and whenever you need help at your home, your business or with your car, a professional locksmith is the right way to go.
[/size]
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by calebfrancis: 12:11am On Dec 09, 2013
[quote author=calculusx]1. Keyremotes: Mykeroom Ventures: 5, Ogunlesi Street, Off Bode Thomas Road, Onipanu, Lagos: 07057222508, 08029990359: Membership Number 291

I will like to how much it will cost me to get a mazda (626) 2011 model key with sensor. calebzexfranciz@gmail.com
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by keyremotes(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
Do you mean mazda6?
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by MasudAli12: 2:18pm On May 23, 2015
The locksmith association in Nigeria has done a great effort by providing people with website where they can assure that the locksmith they have called is legally working or not.It is always good to know about the person who is accessing your security systems.A locksmith works in various fields and does know about all the ways to unlock a lock of any object from door locks to safe locks.So before hiring one make sure that he is not fake.Any professional locksmith should have a license and skill to work as one.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by asafashkenazi: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2017
LOCKSMITHS:
[size=13pt]What is the Benefit of Using a Professional Locksmith Company?

Locksmiths are experts in lock changes, lock picking, safes, security, and more. You call a plumber whenever you need help with your plumbing, because plumbers have the expertise necessary to ensure that the job is done right.

You call an electrician when you need help with your electrical wiring because they have the tools and training to complete the project. Locksmiths are trained, skilled experts at handling locks and security, and whenever you need help at your home, your business or with your car, a professional locksmith is the right way to go.
[/size]
Locksmith must provide their phone number on their website or on their posters so that anyone in need will be able to call them in emergency. If they are not giving their numbers then this can be a big loss to their business.
Re: Professional Locksmiths Business In Nigeria by Djbush: 3:24am On Jul 28, 2021
I become aware of this trade since when I took my car to a locksmith in my area. I loved the professionalism of the guy and told him that I would be interested in learning the trade. I may or may not use the skills acquired but you can never tell.

I have a few questions though:

1. How long does it take to be good in this trade?
2. How lucrative is this skill?
3. Does it take much to set up one's own business after apprenticeship?

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Maxima For Cheap Sale [full Options] / Price Review 2004 Toyota Sienna Le / I Need Toyota Vitz (1990 Or 1999) Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.