Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala (9815 Views)

Nigeria Is Not Broke - Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / Petrol May Cost N120 / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Petrol May Cost 195 Naira Per Litre (From 65 Naira) - NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by texazzpete(m): 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2011
ibelab:

we can't eat our cake and still hv it, , if u are expecting good infrastructure, this is the price everyone gonna pay.

See, this is how you identify small boys still living with their mummies and daddies.
Son, when you grow up and start paying taxes like the rest of us, you'll realize that the Government actually OWES you decent infrastructure.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by kollymercy(m): 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
if only this removal can translate to constant light, beautiful roads etc, then everyone will be glad,

but with all these robbers in govt, all i can say is am sorry for Nigerians and pray that  God should remember us too, until then,  

To your tent O' Israel ni! Bottom line: make sure u and your family is doing fine by all means cos these robbers give no damn about your welfare!
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by JAZES(m): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
Someone should just ask this woman to go and sit down. Is it only removal of Fuel
subsidy that will solve all the problems Nigeria is facing today.

PDP is a big Failure
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by brainpulse: 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
We have alot of countries that plan infastructural development alone on Income Tax. We have countires that base theres on alot- importation and exportation, agriculture and sales of technological growth. The easy way out of a problem in life will bring hardship and not growth and advancement. If Ngozi, Jonathan sees only removal of subsidy as the only and only way out of problem then they all pass through the University thru cheating and Cheating. I am tell you the fact. Every sector bringing income to Nigeria is bastardize and corrupt and until these sectors are looked into remove all the subsidy in the country, we are back to square one.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by member479760: 12:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
and this very woman will tell me that she work in world bank for many years. she can not even co relate or understand the effect of high gasoline prices on the price of essential commodities. she said poor guys never benefit from subsidy.

How she manage work at world bank? okay she is one of those white people are just using as neutral face.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Jck5(m): 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2011
wt infrastructure is Okonjo talkin abt? wt has d govt done wit d xcess crude oil mony? provision of infrastructure has always been the govt xcuse. Am suprize 2 hear her say fuel subsidy is not been benefited by d common man. 4getin d fact dat d common man stil goes 2 d same mkt as d rich man 2 buy d same item 4 d same prize. wont d common man suffer afta d removal of d fuel subsidy?  Its still d same mkt both d poor nd d rich wld go for their purchase. am nt suprize she wont feel d heat if d subsidy is been removed afterall she has been choping frm diff angle world bank, now nigeria govt.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Jck5(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
y not removed political subsidy okonjo?
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by brainpulse: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
More intellegent and reasonable suggestion and advice as being giving to this government by well brillant and intelligent Nigerians home and abroad but they close there eyes and rejected it. all facing one direction that will only and only bring hardship to the already suffering man on the street. Why cant they cut there salary to begin with? They know how to increase Tax (it was bad O, i am only left with chicken change after 30%) and suffer the common man (so i av to watch time after switching on my generator if fuel will cost  N120) Ye mogbe. Why cant they provide the infastructure and deveolpemt with Tax payers money and importation money and they can share crude oil money. Nigerians av and aint seen nothing yet.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by texazzpete(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2011
The PDP Government that wants to convince us that billions set aside for infrastructural development in Nigeria will bring positive change to the masses. Oya, let them tell us how that has worked with the NDDC  grin

Last i recall, the $20 billion released from the Excess Crude Account was supposed to be used for infrastructural development. Where's the audit trail for the money spent? I sure don't see any massive improvement.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by brainpulse: 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
Look fellow intelligent NLanders. There is a hidden agenda by these people, why is it only and only fuel subsidy they are glamouring on. They av not increase the agricutural productivity that will atleast cushion the effect. If the roads are bad and fuel increases that is double wahala for deadi body on food items in the market. So i av to measure the rice and kerosene for coooking, this is murder attempt. And what we tell you they wont increase Tax tommorrow again after coming with other excuses. AN avarage nigerian is very blind and do not see the bigger picture.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by brainpulse: 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
texazzpete:

The PDP Government that wants to convince us that billions set aside for infrastructural development in Nigeria will bring positive change to the masses. Oya, let them tell us how that has worked with the NDDC grin

Last i recall, the $20 billion released from the Excess Crude Account was supposed to be used for infrastructural development. Where's the audit trail for the money spent? I sure don't see any massive improvement.

Gbam you are very intelligent. Foreign countries still gives us Economic Aids, health Aids, Un gives Development Aids etc where are all this monies going into for God's sake. Haaaaaaaaaaa, cause is the day Goodluck was elected
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Iolo(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2011
Cause the average Nigerian won't fight back Jonathan has chosen to take the easy way out. While I don't like the fact that the cost of subsidizng fuel is bigger than our capital expenditures for 2011, that's only as a result of Jonathan and our greedy Jumbo pay legislators.

Let them spend less, reduce the recurrent expenditure of 70+% to something more reasonable. Once these politicians begin to sacrifice jumbo pay, estacode, and all their frivolous allowances, there'd be more room for capital expenses for large scale projects. We can then begin removing the subsidy over time, and I'm sure Nigerians would willing support a government that has shown its willingness to succeed.  

What assurance do we have that a senator earning 15m monthly won't increase it to 30m with the subsidy removed and more money available for looting.

Jonathan should clean up his government before punishing Nigerians.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by drstan(m): 1:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
Egypt revolution,Libia revolution,US awakening, Ok make we c, is time 4 NIGERIA REVOLUTION/AWAKENING, hope u all are planing 4 d REVOLUTION.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by 4Truth: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2011
EFFECTS OF THE REMOVAL OF SUBSIDY THAT OKONJO-IWEALA DO NOT WANT NIGERIANS TO KNOW

1. INFLATION. PRICES OF EVERY THING WILL GO UP WHILE SALARIES AND WAGES REMAIN CONSTANT

2. THE EXECUTIVE WILL HAVE CASH TO WASTE ON JAMBOREE PROJECTS AND CEREMONIES. ALREADY THE FOREIGN RESERVE HAS BEEN DEPLETED

3.THE SO CALLED PALLIATIVE HAS NEVER AND WILL NEVER SOLVED THE REAL IMPACT ON THE MASSES

4.CRIME RATE WILL SURGE BECOS OF THE RISE IN THE COST OF LIVING.

LET UNCLE JONA THINK TWICE.
THERE IS A REVOLUTION IN THE MAKING
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
Ex Efcc chairperson made a revelation recently, she said over $9 billion usd was recovered from government officials in the last 3 years, that's about 1.3 trillion naira, please ask her, why can't they use such fund for structural and developmental projects instead of removing subsidies?  i pray and hope that all these so called technocrats like iweala do not turn this country into another Spain, Greece or Italy!   , this so called technocrats, they went to the best schools, got the best grades, got the best jobs, formed the greatest world economic alliances and now they have formed/are forming some of the greatest world economic storms!
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by profosahon: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
Okonjo Iweala why not also advise the american government to remove their subsidies to american farmers so that Nigerian and other poor African farm produce can be competitive in the international market.I would never forgive Jonathan for this mess.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by dfav: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
i dey laugh d revolution is getting closer day by day. assuming ben ali; mobarak & gadaffi acted in support of d masses life would ve been better for their families. all revolution are tired increase cost of living. when it start she & d pdp crook will take off. where re d military boys plz take over. our country is not ready for geniue democracy. i dey laugh o,
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by 4Truth: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8p

t][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]IT IS TIME FOR THE ARMY TO TAKE OVER
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by 4Truth: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
IT IS TIME FOR THE ARMY TO TAKE OVER

WHAT THE SOJAS STEAL IN A YEAR.PDP STEALS IN ONE WEEK
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by bigdoo: 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2011
If this government is sensitive to the plight of ordinary citizens of Nigeria, they should first make sure that we have uninterrupted power supply throughout the entire country, all roads repaired, good and well equipped hospitals with free treatment for everybody, adequate supply of portable water to all citizens and educational system that matches international standards e.t.c.  When all these are accomplished and the people are enjoying the dividends of democracy and feel rewarded for their faith in GEJ that he is the right person to lead us to the promised land, then nobody would agitate over the removal of fuel subsidy.  Then Nigerian citizens would be able to use the savings they made from the benefits of constant electricity, good roads e.t.c. to pay for the removal of fuel subsidy but right now the government only wants to roast the poor citizens alive.

Boko Haram, please get ready to take immediate action once oil subsidy is removed because you will have many supporters.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
Removing fuel subsidy will have negative ripple economic effects on the citizenry in the short to medium term. But in the long term, its the best option if the resources saved from the subsidy is well invested in Infrastructural development nationwide. Sadly, some governors are actually supporting subsidy removal to increase monthly allocation to their states. Where goes the money?

The subsidy amounts shared amongst the major importers of fuel showed that only OANDO and MRS Oil earned a total of N500Billion naira between January and October 2011. The question is, were other Nigerians born for them?

Subsidy is a waste pipe to government. Maintaining subsidy is just like government using state resources to run NITEL. Jonathan should also note that for government to retain and revamp the refineries is another waste pipe that could syphon half of the so called savngs after subsidy removal.

The refineries should be sold by BPE to those same subsidy beneficiaries so they can use their overfed pauses to revamp the refineries and run them efficiently.
Hope that when this is done, we wont have a 'Cement price scenario' where one goes to bed and wake up to add extra 10naira on the previous day's price per litre of the product.

Government cannot run these refineries efficiently. They should learn from the NITEL/GSM issue.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by chux76(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
Removal of subsidy indeed,funds will be used for capital development, God, we get short memory, all d Oil money where has it been channeled to?
Well what I'd say is GEJ will not find it funny indeed, I can bet ya that.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Johnpaul2k2(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
i am now conceived enough!!!
GEJ and iweala , YOU people have my support!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by ajadek(m): 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2011
Kerosine also already been sucesfuly been deregulate, or did any buy dpk @#50k, competition start,pls seun come and hnvest in me because dis is time for millionaira to get billion
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
When we told you fools not to vote this im.be.ci.le. you didnt listen. You said you were voting for Jonathan not PDP, well I have 'goodluck' news for you he has only 7.5 years left it will soon be over, and oh in the meantime let's hope that international oil prices don't increase before his tenure expires. By the time he's through with your 'goodluck' brains you wont be able to tell goodluck from badluck. Sentimental fools.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by warrior01: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
which oil money are you referring to? nigeria is a very poor country in every ramification. if you are still waiting for free infrastructures from the so called 'oil money' then, just know you are not yet ready for a developed country where every penny would be accounted for.
My take remains that this so called fuel subsidy which are being paid to a few powerful individuals should be removed totally and the money used judiciously to develop the country's ailling infrastructural facilities. No doubt, things are gonna be rough and very painful at the initial stage but on the long run, we will all be better for it
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by kholis(m): 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
we can't eat our cake and still hv it, ,  if u are expecting good infrastructure, this is the price everyone gonna pay.

Bros, why you de talk like this na?
This is about the 10th time the govt is increasing fuel pump price on the promise of good infrastructure.
Before your very eyes, infrastructure have become worse overtime. Who is fooling who? If the govt this time is sincere, GEJ should only re-build the refineries and wave goodbye to subsidy OR tell Nigerians why the local refineries cannot be re-built. PERIOD!

Why must the masses bear the burden every time they want to step up their greed? Why do your likes encourage such injustice upon ourselves? The truth is that these guys are only up there for themselves. Shine ur eyez ooo!
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by Reference(m): 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
What government is saying in a nutshell is that they don't want to be in the business of selling petrol. I don't think this is entirely a bad thing. For decades they have not been able to operate one succesful enterprise. I am not going to stake my future on people who are unwilling and unable to do things particularly when most developed economies are not doing so.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by kayalcomp: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
our dear presido should consider the effects the subsidy removal will have on poor masses.  Let him think of how he will counter the
effects of the removal of the fuel subsidy on the masses.  To be frank, they in Government will not feel the effects , as most of the things
they use are free.

the truth of the matter is that masses will not be happy if the prices of everything in the market triple its normal price.  EVEN you that are supporting the removal in this thread.  So, if he plan to remove it, let him think of a way of making live easier for the masses; else let him leave the subsidy alone.  

DEMOCRACY is the government of the PEOPLE by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE. The voice of some minority in Government who does not know what the masses are passing through cannot be taken for the voice of the PEOPLE in a real democratic settings. These few are the ones singing "Bamubamu layo, awa o ma mo boya ebi npa omo enikan" translated - We are belle full, we are belle full, we don't know
whether anybody's child is hungry.  Let us all remember Libya, So that poor masses will not be protesting if things become hard for them.

Let our dear president remember that some people are suffering, so that he will not add to their sorrow.

even if they remove the subsidy, how are we sure they will use the money effectively,and  that they will not steal from the money again, One problem we are having in this country is mismanagement of public fund.
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by splashbaby(m): 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
Revolution looms,
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by ideylaff: 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
She can say dat again since she will not buy it

Thank you, oooo WORD,
Re: Petrol May Cost N120 - Okonjo Iweala by tulk2mi: 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
is it not d same story weve been hearing since i was born, infrastructural development, employment opportunity, vocational training for our teeming youth  etc r d excuses for our increasing budgets over d years, yet nothing has changed. wats going to make this one different.
a couple of years down the road, we go begin hear say  subsidy money don loss  4 safe inside Iweala office. Chei na garri dem wan REMOVE 4 poor pple mouth. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Scammed By John Asekome Tunde / Foods We Can Produce And Sell Without NAFDAC Number / CBN Retains Benchmark Interest Rates Despite Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.