Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

In Need Of an Auto Electrician - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / In Need Of an Auto Electrician (2283 Views)

Live Tracking For Your Cars, Auto Electrician And Diesel Engine Generator Repair / I Need An Expert Auto Electrician(rewire) To Clear An Error Code / Help With A Good Toyota Auto Electrician In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
A friend just cleared a Mitsubishi Montero Sport but the most annoying part of the jeep is that its refuses to start. Just ignition sound nothing more. Please we are in dire need of a good auto electrician. Kindly post their details. The jeep is in Apapa, Lagos.

Please remember the car had no issues in US before exporting to Lagos. I observed the door key was burgled somehow during clearance. Or what could have been the problem? Is it mechanic or electric?

Please kindly assist with your auto electrician contacts in Lagos. Awaiting your kind responses,
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
Biowande:

A friend just cleared a Mitsubishi Montero Sport but the most annoying part of the jeep is that its refuses to start. Just ignition sound nothing more. Please we are in dire need of a good auto electrician. Kindly post their details. The jeep is in Apapa, Lagos.

Please remember the car had no issues in US before exporting to Lagos. I observed the door key was burgled somehow during clearance. Or what could have been the problem? Is it mechanic or electric?

When you say the key was burgled during clearing, what exactly do you mean? Are you still using the original key that came with the vehicle? How was the vehicle driven off the ship?
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
Siena:

When you say the key was burgled during clearing, what exactly do you mean? Are you still using the original key that came with the vehicle? How was the vehicle driven off the ship?
Dear Siena,
The car was driven in US by my friend before exporting to Nigeria and everything in tact. But surprisingly after clearance (lagos) we got the report that the car could not start. We found out that the driver door key was tampered with (that is what I mean bu burgled); the door key was damaged. Though the inside looks intact. We got a mechanic who told us its plug problem and we gave go ahead for change of plug but surprisingly the mechanic could not loose any of the plug as two of his screwdrivers got broken.

Since then the car is somewhere close to Lagos and we didn't what to take chances on try and error from mechanics, most especially this is a jeep that was driven for like a month in US without any issue. Please Siena what do you think is wrong?
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
Siena:

When you say the key was burgled during clearing, what exactly do you mean?  Are you still using the original key that came with the vehicle? How was the vehicle driven off the ship?
Dear Siena,
The car was driven in  US by my friend before exporting to Nigeria and everything in tact. But surprisingly after clearance (lagos) we got the report that the car could not start. We found out that the driver door key was tampered with (that is what I mean bu burgled); the door key was damaged. Though the inside looks intact. We got a mechanic who told us its plug problem and we gave go ahead for change of plug but surprisingly the mechanic could not loose any of the plug as two of his screwdrivers got broken.

Since then the car is somewhere close to Lagos and we didn't what to take chances on try and error from mechanics, most especially this is a jeep that was driven for like a month  in US without any issue. Please Siena what do you think is wrong?
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 08, 2011
Two things come to mind, with regards non-start.

a) Damaged key. The key houses the tiny chip for the immobiliser (transponder). There is a receiver around the ignition lock, that accepts the signal from the transpondered key. If the chip in the key was damaged, the ECU will remain locked, and the engine won't start. Do you have a second key to try?

b) Missing ECU (electric control unit). I don't know how secure your SUV was between offloading and clearing. There is a possibility the ECU has been removed by wharf rats.

I would look in these two areas, starting with your key, if you have a second one to try. If the ECU is intact, it would be worth getting a second key cut, and programmed to match your vehicle, then trying once more.

I wish you the best, hopefully you'll get things up and running, with minimal cost.
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by sultaan(m): 1:01am On Dec 08, 2011
Its not the plugs, don't guess.Plug on that truck is not for rookies you'll have to remove intake manifold.

Check to make sure security lock light is not on(anti-theft)

Check to make sure you have fuel, your gage might be off(add some fuel first)

Check fuel pump is working and relay
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2011
Siena:

Two things come to mind, with regards non-start.

a) Damaged key. The key houses the tiny chip for the immobiliser (transponder). There is a receiver around the ignition lock, that accepts the signal from the transpondered key. If the chip in the key was damaged, the ECU will remain locked, and the engine won't start. Do you have a second key to try?

b) Missing ECU (electric control unit). I don't know how secure your SUV was between offloading and clearing. There is a possibility the ECU has been removed by wharf rats.

I would look in these two areas, starting with your key, if you have a second one to try. If the ECU is intact, it would be worth getting a second key cut, and programmed to match your vehicle, then trying once more.

I wish you the best, hopefully you'll get things up and running, with minimal cost.

sultaan:

Its not the plugs, don't guess.Plug on that truck is not for rookies you'll have to remove intake manifold.

Check to make sure security lock light is not on(anti-theft)

Check to make sure you have fuel, your gage might be off(add some fuel first)

Check fuel pump is working and relay

Dear Siena & Sultaan,
Sorry for the late response,
I was down for some days and finally travelled to Tincan to check the jeep in regards to your responses; which I really appreciate.

I find out that the security light indicator (on the dashboard) blinks as the car made a sound to start but could not start. I asked someone to check the fuel pump after putting 20 litres of fuel and I find out that the fuel pump is perfectly working.

I discovered is security issues and I was told there is a way to solve the problem with software appliances.

Dear All,
I don't know any reliable auto engineer that can provide solution to this problem. Please if you know any one in Lagos that can meet me in Apapa, kinldly post their details as I urgently need to freight the car to Abuja as the money we are paying on security in its present location is shooting high day by day.

The only display on the screen is "Please drive safely in circles in a safe, open area". And if you have a suggestion please don't hesitate to reply to this link.

Awaiting your kind responses from great Nairalanders.
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Benez: 12:04pm On Dec 12, 2011
U can call Niyi, a rewire on 08124881976
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 25, 2011
Benez:

Please, no "rewires." What is needed is a new key, and someone to code it to the existing ECU.
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by sultaan(m): 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
The alarm was triggered when someone messed with the door.

Try to lock then unlock the door with your key before you start the car.

Or try to reset the security

Hmmm, might need to be evaluated by a tech to
trouble shoot the issue. Until then, to try to disarm it,
look under the dash area for a button or,
a toggle switch. When you locate it, turn on the
ignition key, press and hold in the button (little
spring loaded micro button, red or black possibly)
until the alarm chirps 1 time. This should over ride
the system, and only the keyless entry part,
if installed, would still be operating.
The LED (light emiting diode) light in the dash
should also go on solid.=VALET/OVERIDE
( if this is a remote starter, the antenna on the
front window glass may also have the over ride
button inset into it.)

This stops the alarm except for the keyless
entry if installed. Once in Valet mode,
it will allow the car to start and operate
like there was no alarm at all.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Car-Alarms-1513/2011/3/mistubishi-montero.htm

http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/3v6cs-99-montero-sport-bought-used.html

Very important save this workshop manual
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=20

http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2011
Benez:

Dear Siena,
Merry Xmas to your family. Just to let you know that we actually got someone to programme a new key but yet the new keys were unable to start the car. In fact we don"t know what next

sultaan:

The alarm was triggered when someone messed with the door.

Try to lock then unlock the door with your key before you start the car.

Or try to reset the security

Hmmm, might need to be evaluated by a tech to
trouble shoot the issue. Until then, to try to disarm it,
look under the dash area for a button or,
a toggle switch. When you locate it, turn on the
ignition key, press and hold in the button (little
spring loaded micro button, red or black possibly)
until the alarm chirps 1 time. This should over ride
the system, and only the keyless entry part,
if installed, would still be operating.
The LED (light emiting diode) light in the dash
should also go on solid.=VALET/OVERIDE
( if this is a remote starter, the antenna on the
front window glass may also have the over ride
button inset into it.)

This stops the alarm except for the keyless
entry if installed. Once in Valet mode,
it will allow the car to start and operate
like there was no alarm at all.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Car-Alarms-1513/2011/3/mistubishi-montero.htm

http://www.justanswer.com/mitsubishi/3v6cs-99-montero-sport-bought-used.html

Very important save this workshop manual
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=20

http://www.mitsubishilinks.com/
Dear Sultaan, Merry Xmas, appreciates your advice. Please can I have your e-mail? Kindly assist with you contact to enable us see the car together.
Awaiting your quick response,

Regards,
biowande@gmail.com
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by sultaan(m): 11:05pm On Dec 25, 2011
I'm in US, You should see the same information in owners manual, you need to reset your system.
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 26, 2011
sultaan:

I'm in US, You should see the same information in owners manual, you need to reset your system.

Thank you Sultan, Will do exactly what you said. But will appreciate your e-mail. Send to: biowande@gmail.com
Re: In Need Of an Auto Electrician by jyde03(m): 6:59am On Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone, I stumbled on this thread while trying to find solution to the problem with starting a keyless Push button start 2009 Toyota Highlander I helped someone import from US. The fuse box, smart key and the key fob (remote control) were all replaced but the company is not starting.
Please I will like to know how the problem with the Mitsubishi was solved and who solved it.
Also incase there is an expert who specializes in fixing issues with Push button start. Kindly help with their contact. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Cleared And Unregistered Audi 80 Station Wagon / Toks Of 2002 Acura Mdx Forsale in ibadan / Neat Naija Used Toyota Camry Big Daddy 950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.