Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,947 members, 7,824,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Traveling Ticket Help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling Ticket Help (1132 Views)

Things You Must Know Before Traveling To Canada / Is He Discouraging Me From traveling To USA? / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling Ticket Help by temmym3(m): 12:52am On Dec 08, 2011
Hello Nairalanders, am just about getting an Emirates ticket, Was about to book it through the agent that did the travelling stuff for me but he told me it was 230k (one-way). Checked online @ emirates website and found out it was 195k (fee + tax). When i told him, he said that was just an online price and that there is gonna be other extra charges for the ticket during booking. How true is this? As in does extra charges apply to tickets apart from the price on emirates website? Should i just go with the amount stated on the website and book? Please i need your Urgent replies. Thanks alot
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by justwise(m): 1:01am On Dec 08, 2011
temmym3:

Hello Nairalanders, am just about getting an Emirates ticket, Was about to book it through the agent that did the travelling stuff for me but he told me it was 230k (one-way). Checked online @ emirates website and found out it was 195k (fee + tax). When i told him, he said that was just an online price and that there is gonna be other extra charges for the ticket during booking. How true is this? As in does extra charges apply to tickets apart from the price on emirates website? Should i just go with the amount stated on the website and book? Please i need your Urgent replies. Thanks alot

Go ahead and buy with Emirate online, if during the payment they add anything extra then u can cancel the payment, but i doubt, the agent just want to milk you a bit.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by temmym3(m): 1:08am On Dec 08, 2011
justwise:

Go ahead and buy with Emirate online, if during the payment they add anything extra then u can cancel the payment, but i doubt, the agent just want to milk you a bit.
JUSTWISE. Thanks a whole lot. I know i can always count on you. U are the best.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by justwise(m): 1:29am On Dec 08, 2011
temmym3:

JUSTWISE. Thanks a whole lot. I know i can always count on you. U are the best.

No worries.

If there any additional charge you will know before making the payment.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by temmym3(m): 1:38am On Dec 08, 2011
justwise:

No worries.

If there any additional charge you will know before making the payment.
Ok boss, but based on your recent experience, does extra charges usually occur, i asked cos i live very far away from lagos and i hav to come down and get the ticket so i wanna be prepared. Will be booking tomorow sir.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by justwise(m): 9:01am On Dec 08, 2011
temmym3:

Ok boss, but based on your recent experience, does extra charges usually occur, i asked cos i live very far away from lagos and i hav to come down and get the ticket so i wanna be prepared. Will be booking tomorow sir.

Not really, if you are booking online you may be charged for using a particular bank card but its not that much and it depends on the airline payment policy.

You will know all the charges even before proceeding to final payment page, like i said before you can try it out online and see for yourself.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by llbhuds: 9:37am On Dec 08, 2011
The agent is just tryin to get more cash from u bro and I give u the permission to slap him whenever you see him grin
like justwise rightgly said, you will see all d charges on the web page b4 making any payment so no worries about that.
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by kenforum(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2011
temmym3:

Hello Temmym3,
You can go ahead and make the booking on the Emirates website,print it out and go to their nominated Bank branch nearest to you with it and make the payment,then go back to their website and put your booking reference number to print out your E-ticket.Any amount you see at their website is all you have to pay,there is not extra charge of any sort.But do not fail to use the currency converter in their website to know how much exactly in Naira to pay,to avoid underpayment.Otherwise,contact their customer care and confirm their exchange rate at that particular time you are ready for the payment.Good luck
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by temmym3(m): 1:19am On Dec 10, 2011
Justwise, Libhuds, Kenforum Am so grateful guys, Tnx for helping me out. I did made the booking 2days ago (Fri 8 Dec.) i was asked to pay and collect the ticket with the reference number at the airport in lagos. (I do hope they sell tickets on weekends o cos today is saturday), 'll be here again to inform you of how it goes. Tnx a whole lot guys. Tnx smiley
Re: Traveling Ticket Help by wanaj0: 2:25am On Dec 10, 2011
Be careful which type of ticket you are buying. Is it a flexible ticket that allows you to make changes etc.

If you are based in Nigeria, Emirates does not allow you to pay online. You will still have to make your payment at a bank. The amount you see on the emirate site is the fare inclusive of tax.

(1) (Reply)

Johannesburg Named Rough Guides' Top City Of 2015 / Uk Visa After 2 Refusal / Nigeria Immigration Please Release My Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.