Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Nepa Goes Global - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nepa Goes Global (757 Views)

When You A Having Screening And Nepa Took Off The Ligh / When NEPA Has Refused To Bring Light For A Long Time.. / Letter To Phcn/nepa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nepa Goes Global by LadyTi1(f): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2007
I received this from a friend a while back and just thought to share it. I hope it's not a double post?? Enjoy!

Former President Bill Clinton came to Nigeria for an official visit. While he was here, he started discussing with former President Obasanjo one day on a balcony at ASO Rock. Suddenly, NEPA took light all over Abuja . Bill Clinton was annoyed. He turned to Obasanjo and said: "I thought you people were making progress in this country, how come you still have power cuts? This is a big disgrace!" Obasanjo was ashamed and angry, but couldn't say anything. He just kept fuming throughout the rest of the conference.

Six months later, Obasanjo went to Washington to see Clinton . After their discussion, they went to the White House balcony to have some drinks and discuss in a relaxed manner. While they were there, Obasanjo looked around the City [It was late at night] and was surprised to see an area that was dark: there was a power cut in that part of town. Obasanjo was happy! He shouted to Bill Clinton: "You came to my country and insulted me because of our power system, see your own now? You people also have electricity shortage here in Washington ! Shame on you!" Obasanjo was very happy!

Then Bill Clinton frowned, looked at the area and called one of his aides to ask him where that area was. The aide Whispered in Clinton ’s ear, and Clinton burst into laughter. He was laughing so hard that he began to roll on the ground, with tears coming out of his eyes. Obasanjo was puzzled, he asked Clinton : "Are you okay?" Clinton finally managed to stand up and pointed to the dark area and said between heavy laughter: "That's the Nigerian Embassy, "
Re: Nepa Goes Global by adekennis(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2007
Nice joke grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nepa Goes Global by ituen(m): 7:10pm On Sep 28, 2007
well done brother. OBJ don fall our hand

(1) (Reply)

Planting Tree Styles / Cornbread / Little Johnny Special Vol 3 ----sam Milla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.