Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December (9084 Views)

{chandra Grahan} Holi 2016 Lunar Eclipse In India / See The Blood Moon Pix: Lunar Eclipse / NIGERIA To Experience Lunar Eclipse Today's Midnight (blood Moon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by BIGERBOY1: 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2011
cool
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by ikkkkk: 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2011
just saw the moon from my end. but it doesn't look like an eclipse to me. angry
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Cogent: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
@topic, how will you people see eclipse now?
The topic says, "Lunar Eclispe" not Eclipse.
Sorry if you were looking for Eclipse.

babaowo:

@mikky 89
please take your curses advert go your family and your relatives compound,they are the one who need it most.

Bros, abeg take am easy with the poster, some people don't know how to put points across .
But na wa for the poster of that advert sha, "If you don't need it now, it WILL be useful in future".
I s she hoping for people to suffer the effect of these diseases?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by DrummaBoy(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
Well OP no eclipse
Fasle alarm
Wrong info

Its d moderators fault putting it on front page
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by ceejayluv(m): 8:13pm On Dec 10, 2011
So, would we call this a hoax or wat?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Jidefido(m): 8:19pm On Dec 10, 2011
mxxpunkxx:

Thirded
fourtheth *faulted*
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by mikuz(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2011
can you imagine.
And a topic like this made it to the front page?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by N101: 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2011
THIS SUCKS!

How can you mention it at such short notice? This Eclipse should have been mentioned well before today.

I'm annoyed. Why? Cos it was purely by chance I happened to look up at the sky and thought "hey, the moon's a bit red, wonder why?" Only to hear AFTER THE FACT that it was an Eclipse!!!!

I like watching an Eclipse as much as the next person. Now I have to wait until 2014 for the next one angry
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by speak2me: 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2011
me i dnt c nada

angry
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 10, 2011
Saw a reddish moon.
Is that it?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by freecocoa(f): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
Emmyk:

sometin like that, run! Where will u be hidding?
I hided in our basement and still the moonlight doesn't falled,see because of her I don't go where I suppose went,mscheeeeeew nansense,OP don't tried this type of rubbishes some other next time.
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by jimctu: 12:43am On Dec 11, 2011
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Ivynwa(f): 2:03am On Dec 11, 2011
Excelboi:

Guy, its even past the time annd i no evenn see the moonn talkless of the lunar.

ayolinger:

Chai!, @OP Sry to say but your a Cousin to Retardinho Johnfoll Guffloose!,

grin grin grin Abeg make una free the poster-o-o sh-o-o.
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by clerkent(m): 11:09am On Dec 11, 2011
Hmm.see me see wahala.lunar just show for ma place de ask me where eclipse de?i tel maybe bokoharam dn kidnap aam.lmfao
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by sniperwolf(m): 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2011
Who witnessed it?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:29am On Dec 12, 2011
I didnt
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Bolarge1(m): 9:07am On Dec 12, 2011
HOW FAR?

THE DAY HAS COME AND GONE.

WHO WITNESSED THE ECLIPSE ?

ANY PICS?
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by billtommy(m): 9:33am On Dec 12, 2011
The OP just wants attention,maybe he suffered attention when hw was young,well nice format,lovely strategy,but the could also get yur life taken away from you
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by johnie: 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2011
A total lunar eclipse took place on December 10, 2011. It was the second of two total lunar eclipses in 2011, the first having occurred on June 15. A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon is positioned just right in its orbit to pass through Earth's shadow.

Asia, Australia, and other areas of the Pacific had the best visibility. European countries only saw a partial eclipse of a rising moon, while northwestern North America saw a partial eclipse of a setting moon.

The eclipse is seen over the Philippines despite of a cloudy and rainy weather over parts of Luzon and other areas. Photos are taken by groups of amateur astronomers from the Astronomical League of the Philippines (ALP).

South America and portions of West Africa missed the eclipse completely as it happens at morning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2011_lunar_eclipse
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by johnie: 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2011
Out of this world: The brilliant blood red 'impossible' lunar eclipse witnessed by millions of Americans this morning

By Daily Mail Reporter

Romantic doesn't cover it .

The Earth passed between the moon and the sun this morning, treating early risers to a cosmic, rusty-red lunar light spectacular.

This was the last chance to see the natural wonder of a total lunar eclipse in 2011.

And additionally it was a rare chance to see an 'impossible' eclipse, with the moon red and the rising sun in the sky simultaneously.

Unlike total solar eclipses total lunar eclipses are relatively common and happen on average every two years. This is because the moon is one-third smaller than Earth and so fits more easily into Earth’s umbral shadow.

Ringside seats were found in most parts of western America, Hawaii, northwestern Canada, Australia, New Zealand and central and eastern Asia.

Those in western North America had the best views well before dawn, and viewers could still catch the eclipse until as late as 6.05am PST.

Unfortunately, sunrise and moonset stopped those in the eastern U.S. from watching the eclipse.

The eclipse began at 4.45am PST when a red shadow started to cover the moon.

Then as the sun and moon aligned with the Earth slipped in between them, our planet cast a temporary shadow on the moon darkening it and making it appear a deep coppery red, as it blocked the suns rays.

The sunlight was still able to pass through Earth's atmosphere casting a mystical red glow on the moon.

The atmosphere filters out most of the blue light, leaving the red and orange hues that we see during a lunar eclipse.

This light is a projection of all the sunrises and sunsets happening on our planet at this time, combined into a halo around the planet.

The colour of the lunar eclipse gives us a report card on the health of the earth's atmosphere.When it is coppery red it means everything is normal. A black coloured eclipse happens when there is a lot of volcanic dust in the atmosphere.

As opposed to a partial eclipse, total eclipses entail a perfect alignment of the three bodies- moon, earth and sun.

Most places in the United States and Canada were able to observe an unusual effect.

This occurs when both the rising sun and the eclipsed moon can be seen at the same time.

This was the second total lunar eclipse this year, the first was in June. The next total lunar eclipse will not be until 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2072358/Lunar-eclipse-December-2011-witnessed-millions-Americans-morning.html#ixzz1gJrEltGa

Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by johnie: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2011

Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by johnie: 12:37pm On Dec 12, 2011

Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Fattyaid: 10:42am On Dec 13, 2011
Did anyone see anything. Because i saw NOTHING.
Re: Lunar Eclispe Today 10th December by Yacoco: 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2011
I actually saw NOTHING

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grand Finale At Felabration 2012 (Pictures) / Selfies Gone Wrong: 19 Of The The Worst Selfies Ever / Weddings Are Sweet But Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.