Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Martin Elechi's Islamic Agenda - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Martin Elechi's Islamic Agenda (992 Views)

Jim Iyke Meets Martin Luther King III (Photo) / Martin Luther King's Son With Igbinedion, Obasanjo & Soyinka In Benin (Photo) / D'banj Buys A $200K Aston Martin Vantage (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Martin Elechi's Islamic Agenda by kelyusuf: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
Eastern governors would not cease to amaze me. When Anglican Bishop of Afikpo, Rt. Rev. Paul Udogu, accused Ebonyi state governor, Chief Martin Elechi, of trying to Islamize the state, thereby breeding potential Boko Haram members, I couldn't believe it. Here was an experienced man, who didn't need to be told the enormity of such actions. What exactly did he do? Well, Elechi was, or is, planning to establish an Almajiri school in Afikpo, in the Eastern part of the country. Hear him, or his aide, or whoever: "the state government like all modern governments in 21st century believes in freedom of worship. This principle of secularity in governance is in tandem with Nigeria’s philosophy of religious diversity, where Christians, Moslems and Traditional worshippers are at liberty to practice their religious intolerance and hate," he, or they, quipped, "The government has been offering assistance to Christian churches in the state in response to reasonable appeals made towards the execution of important projects, as such, the promise to assist the Moslems was certainly not an outlandish commitment."
Oh yes, it isn't, sir. Yes, we want freedom of everything, including religion, but Mr G'vnor cannot claim not to understand the people's fears. Do not infiltrate this region with Islamic establishments. Let us be the way we are. We need no bombings, we need no boko haram, we need no religious conflicts.
What is even my business? Am I from Ebonyi state? No! But then all those killed in Yobe state recently, were not from Borno state, were they?
Oga g'vnor! Oga g'vnor!! Oga g'vnor!!! Shine your eyes o!
Re: Martin Elechi's Islamic Agenda by Melinde: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2011
Useless go-va-no without ambition, he is underrating them. why not build it in his own village instead of afikpo
he should pay the workers their salaries and the minimum wage first. Old cargo,

(1) (Reply)

Behind The Scenes Of Nigeria's 1st 3D Music Video / Happy 36th Birthday To Rick Ross / All Of Janet Jackson's Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.