Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing (1302 Views)

International Inspirational And Motivational Website For Readers And Writers. / Free Whacky Nigerian Short Stories For Your E-readers And Tablets (pdfs) / Looking for writing opportunities to make Extra Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by MyneWhite1(f): 4:01am On Dec 12, 2011
Naijastories.com is a website set up to support aspiring Nigerian writers and to encourage the sharing of authentic naija stories. Writers will get an instant global audience, and will receive feedback from their peers as well other established writers and published authors. There is equally a forum where you can discuss literary and writing issues with other members. In addition, we have recently instituted a payment system whereby those who are part of the site get rewarded.

- You register and participate on the site, and by doing various activities, you obtain points.

- Each 1000 points will be equivalent to $1. When you obtain up to 10,000 points, you will be entitled to redeem these for $10.

- Options to redeem payment include Paypal, Western Union, Bank deposit in Nigeria and cash pick-up only in Lagos.

Check out the full post and register at http://www.naijastories.com/2011/11/naija-stories-pays-writers/
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by MyneWhite1(f): 12:29am On Dec 14, 2011
So who has checked it out? Any comments?
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by afroxyz: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2011
Itz a very commendable idea. It was stuff like this is was addressing in my last article; creating an enavling environment for nigerian writers to flourish. I think you should also create a thread 4 the xmas competition.
Plus, is it possible to have a paypal account in nigeria. I thought nigerians were excluded because of the infamous activities of scammers
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by collinsfbi(m): 2:02pm On Dec 14, 2011
Naijastories.com is a website set up to support aspiring Nigerian writers and to encourage the sharing of authentic naija stories. Writers will get an instant global audience, and will receive feedback from their peers as well other established writers and published authors. There is equally a forum where you can discuss literary and writing issues with other members. In addition, we have recently instituted a payment system whereby those who are part of the site get rewarded.

- You register and participate on the site, and by doing various activities, you obtain points.

- Each 1000 points will be equivalent to $1. When you obtain up to 10,000 points, you will be entitled to redeem these for $10.

- Options to redeem payment include Paypal, Western Union, Bank deposit in Nigeria and cash pick-up only in Lagos.

Check out the full post and register at http://www.naijastories.com/2011/11/naija-stories-pays-writers/

Nice site, great work and i love the fact that it was created to support aspiring Nigerian writers, but to be frank and sincere with you, the points and cash issue is to generate traffic. Under normal circumstances, many will never make $10 (#1,500) in 6 months. I would have loved if the site is just operate without the points and cash issue because this only render the site ordinary like any other traffic generated sites. Nigeria/Nigerian needs a very good forum where Nigerians writers will operate, sharing ideas, discussing important issue affecting Nigeria, proffering solutions, helping one another to attain international standard without the mind of operating or participating for the purpose of generating points to get cash and that is why i love nairaland so much. I know you may not like this but i think i have to say it.

Gbammmmmmmm over and out
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by MyneWhite1(f): 5:29pm On Dec 14, 2011
@Afroxyz, thanks for your comment, and for being a part of Naijastories. I will start a thread on the Xmas Competition soon, but let the NS members have the first advantage. As for Paypal, I'm not sure about that.

@Collinsfbi, Thanks, but why should I not like what you have to say? I called for comments, didn't I grin

One thing with Naijastories is that as writers, we have to be very creative and forward looking. Dead websites abound and even as we'll soon clock two years, we cannot rest on what we've achieved in the past (being featured on the BBC website, Tell magazine, Ynaija!, Webtrends, Technuzu, among others.)

Generating cash by traffic doesn't defeat the purpose of a site. As you know, Nairaland is a very good forum for what you have listed, and still Seun is the biggest earner in Nigeria. In fact the money he earns helps him keep the site going, and even running contests that will develop the country.

What Naijastories has is a spin on that idea, generate the cash, but make it a community fund so that everybody gets a part rather than just the admin. We believe that with the platform we provide for genuine members, the money is the smallest part of the attraction. Some of the stories shared on the site get up to 500 readers, and at least 3 - 10 solid reviews from other writers including published authors, and this is what will help the writer improve. The discussion forums are also there to debate on relevant issues with like-minded individuals. As you noted, the money to be earned is really a thank you, not a wage.

You see, writers on Naijastories have received admission in foreign universities, won internal and external writing contests, got full time jobs or writing gigs and publishing contracts, all from participating seriously on the site or from opportunities we share. If one's plan is just to earn $10, then we're happy to split our earnings. However, the vision of the site still remains and those who key into it will surely reach their dreams.

Thanks for joining me in this discussion. I always appreciate a round table  grin
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by collinsfbi(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2011
@Collinsfbi, Thanks, but why should I not like what you have to say? I called for comments, didn't I Grin

One thing with Naijastories is that as writers, we have to be very creative and forward looking. Dead websites abound and even as we'll soon clock two years, we cannot rest on what we've achieved in the past (being featured on the BBC website, Tell magazine, Ynaija!, Webtrends, Technuzu, among others.)

Generating cash by traffic doesn't defeat the purpose of a site. As you know, Nairaland is a very good forum for what you have listed, and still Seun is the biggest earner in Nigeria. In fact the money he earns helps him keep the site going, and even running contests that will develop the country.

What Naijastories has is a spin on that idea, generate the cash, but make it a community fund so that everybody gets a part rather than just the admin. We believe that with the platform we provide for genuine members, the money is the smallest part of the attraction. Some of the stories shared on the site get up to 500 readers, and at least 3 - 10 solid reviews from other writers including published authors, and this is what will help the writer improve. The discussion forums are also there to debate on relevant issues with like-minded individuals. As you noted, the money to be earned is really a thank you, not a wage.

You see, writers on Naijastories have received admission in foreign universities, won internal and external writing contests, got full time jobs or writing gigs and publishing contracts, all from participating seriously on the site or from opportunities we share. If one's plan is just to earn $10, then we're happy to split our earnings. However, the vision of the site still remains and those who key into it will surely reach their dreams.

Thanks for joining me in this discussion. I always appreciate a round table Grin

Your points are well understood but i was only concerned about the points and cash issue because many can capitalize on that as the basis of making money with unnecessary comments and posts. Anyways, if as many as possible participants can keep the focus of the site standing not minding whatever they get therein then i think many Nigerians will benefit. No qualms!

Gbammmm over and out
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by richyodilu(m): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
The site is one hell of a complicated one, having signed on, and activated my account, I am still told not yet activated , hmmm , the admin, whoever the person is, needs to work on this technicality breach
Re: Find Readers And Get Paid For Writing by MyneWhite1(f): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Richyodilu, thanks for the feedback. We get a lot of spam registrants and people who come to send scam love letters. So we have a second level of activation where each member is reviewed and approved by Admin. Sorry for the delay, but it is to ensure a conducive environment for the aims of the site.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Much Do Authors Make In Nigeria After Publishing His\her Novel / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / Dark In The Woods - By Prince Kabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.