Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,588 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? (15127 Views)

Corper's Room Burnt, Arrested By Landlord / What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Yobe NYSC 2015 Batch A ...let's Meet Here! :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by mukina2: 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2011
Boko Haram Set Nysc Camp Ablaze In Yobe

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) orietation camp in Fika Local Government area of Yobe State has been burnt by unknown persons suspected to be members of Boko Haram sect.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that the fire consumed everything.

It will be recalled that the orientation course for the 2011 Batch ā€˜Cā€™ was moved to Keffi in Nasarawa State, due to security challenges in the state.

Sources who spoke with the Nigerian Tribune said stores in the camp were set ablaze last week, destroying contents and property worth millions naira,
http://dailypost.com.ng/2011/12/12/boko-haram-sets-yobe-nysc-camp-ablaze/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=boko-haram-sets-yobe-nysc-camp-ablaze
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Afam4eva(m): 11:44pm On Dec 12, 2011
I hope no lives were lost.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by aljharem3: 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2011
I really hope everyone is ok. Nigeria needs really restructuring of it's security force.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Babamide(m): 12:44am On Dec 13, 2011
Nobody is at the camp. It was razed to the ground sha. Those of us posted to yobe are at the camp in keffi, nassarawa state.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by deco2come: 12:54am On Dec 13, 2011
Babamide:

Nobody is at the camp. It was razed to the ground sha. Those of us posted to yobe are at the camp in keffi, nassarawa state.

Nice to hear that no one is hurt.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by hbrednic: 1:09am On Dec 13, 2011
alj_harem:

I really hope everyone is ok. Nigeria needs really restructuring of it's security force.
alhaji you need to caution your brothers angry
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 13, 2011
Oh no!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by ndukwejoe(m): 1:29am On Dec 13, 2011
Why will you be posted to the north n you agreed. If you are posted to the north please decline . Why will you risk your life.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by HighChief4(m): 1:42am On Dec 13, 2011
Thank God there was no loss of life. I really hope and pray nothing happens to any Corper again
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Goldenheart(m): 2:43am On Dec 13, 2011
funny news these days, i think boko harams re on low keys, any kind of attack now, boko harams re been accused, this is wat makes them angry and come after this mumu jornalists
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by ifyalways(f): 2:50am On Dec 13, 2011
@Babamide,after the orientation camping at Keffi what next? You guys wud march like 'sacrificial lambs' to Yobe or what?
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by xpagnol: 3:22am On Dec 13, 2011
And the COLD war continues, Does it mean that these animals have not been told that Nysc scheme is a programme of mutual integration that was suggested and implemented by their so called leaders for their own benefit. Because i still wonder what a corper from this part of the world would teach a primary or secondary school student from the other parts of this world, ss,sw and se in short focus.

The living Faith church was my church when i was there. God help us.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by onyekabe(m): 3:42am On Dec 13, 2011
What we nigerians do not know is that these people want every xtian to leave the north so that they can practice their sharia, i wonder why our people are not getting the message
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by xpagnol: 3:50am On Dec 13, 2011
@Ifyalways, thanks alot for that question cus i just posted when it occured to me.
Please mr Bamidele help us answer the question because its really important that we know.

Please for ur information, I served in yobe with 2007 batch and i could still recall their recklessness,
at least i had three personal attempts on my life aside the group or during party blast that our girls were ambushed
and molested.

I strongly believe that this act act of burning down the camp is a strong capital message telling u guys that
you are not welcomed anylonger . but i know that the government will definitely want to take u guys there, but please do all u can to avoid the place.I know so many are very desperate to serve or to wear the uniform but i blieve you then need to decide btw the two. NO BODY KNOWS WHO IS NEXT.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by moderattor: 4:04am On Dec 13, 2011
bomb don finish, na to dey torch houses.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by oiki: 4:19am On Dec 13, 2011
Eya! and that was my camp in 2009, really sad. I wonder what Nigeria is really turning into seriously! Stories like this makes me never want to return home. We really need to do something.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by UmarSanda: 4:35am On Dec 13, 2011
U must b a goat for making dat statment, take on any Northerner dat read d same course with u n get d shocker of ur life. U cant just post without being tribalistic Otondo like u. I read Economics n grad with 2 : 1.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by moderattor: 4:38am On Dec 13, 2011
oiki:

Eya! and that was my camp in 2009, really sad. I wonder what Nigeria is really turning into seriously! Stories like this makes me never want to return home. We really need to do something.
just stay where you are.
Overpopulation dey worry us.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by UmarSanda: 4:39am On Dec 13, 2011
@xpagnol am refferin 2 u on ma oda post k?
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by kizito96(m): 4:41am On Dec 13, 2011
They will continue to remain illiterates in Jesus name
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by moderattor: 4:42am On Dec 13, 2011
Umar Sanda:

U must b a goat for making dat statment, take on any Northerner dat read d same course with u n get d shocker of your life. U cant just post without being tribalistic Otondo like u. I read Economics n grad with 2 : 1.
it depends on the type of 2:1 though.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by dejust(m): 5:09am On Dec 13, 2011
I give God the glory as no life was lost. When will this baberic act stop?
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Cogent: 5:27am On Dec 13, 2011
When was investigation carried out to prove that boko whatever is behind this?
The topic says the fire is believed to have been set by them.
Even if the fire was not BH handwork, our inept security force might just decide to tell us that it is without conducting any type of investigation.[s]and gullible, overtly emotional Nigerians will believe, without any proof[/s].
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by ugosly(m): 5:36am On Dec 13, 2011
Umar Sanda:

U must b a goat for making dat statment, take on any Northerner dat read d same course with u n get d shocker of your life. U cant just post without being tribalistic Otondo like u. I read Economics n grad with 2 : 1.
U made 2:1,Ehen! So wat,hw does it change d fact dat those barbarians and savages u call ur brodas are no different from animals in the wild,otherwise,I see no reason(apart from beastial tendencies) why anybody would harm or threaten the life of person(s) who hav their best interests at heart .
moderattor:

it depends on the type of 2:1 though.
Lol,Abeg,tell am!
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by ziccoit: 5:48am On Dec 13, 2011
Obviously the journalists are making money out of this boko haram guys. It is difficult to separate what from what. Cases ranging from domestic feuds between husband and wife up to serious cases of political murders and arm robbery killings are now quickly dropped on BH. Journalists will cont making their money while bad guys will keep on doing their jobs unchallenged.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by donjos10(m): 6:31am On Dec 13, 2011
only GOD WIL SAVE US
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by pat077: 6:38am On Dec 13, 2011
Umar Sanda:

2 : 1 4rm ur school is equivalent 2 3rd class in anoda school.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by Babamide(m): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2011
The DG nysc came around and assured us all that if we don't want to go to yobe, we cannot be forced to go. We all filled redeployment forms stating insecurity in the state as our reason. We chose states with the exception of lagos, port harcourt and abuja. Our redeployment letters would be ready tomorrow so i'll be able to confirm how it went.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by mrprestige(m): 7:23am On Dec 13, 2011
na wa o, God save us in dis Country
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by nelly4(f): 7:36am On Dec 13, 2011
those bastardssss, to think my sister wass in that camp last year,

Those pips should be levellllled for good
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by okpurukata(f): 7:39am On Dec 13, 2011
@ Umar Sanda. Of what use is ur 2.1 if u cannot advice ur blood sucking, destructive, evil brothers. If you like make 1st class I don't care. This evil ur people are nurtirinng up north will one day consume you all.
Re: Yobe NYSC Camp Burnt Down By Boko Haram Fire? by GChux1: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2011
And the corpers deserted the state. Businessmen and companies followed suit. Indigenes who can't understand why the hell some animals would throw their state and country at large into chaos desert as well. Then the settlements looked like ghost towns. The dummies who caused all these can't get anymore victims. Nobody to blow up again. Nobody to prey on anymore. They look at their own sad faces. Pathetic. Boring. Ugly. And they move on to the next state. The cycle begins again. And the government looks on. Defeated. Confounded. What a beauty!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C14 Benue Lets Meet Here / Bayelsa Youth Corpers Protesting Over Their Pending Allowance Payment (Photos) / Kwara Batch B Pcms Lets Meet Here .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.