Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Basketball Fan - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball Fan (1073 Views)

Photos From DSTV Basketball Throwdown Event / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Nigeria Into Olympic Basketball Qualifying Semifinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2007
Where are all the basketball fans here?Its mostly football here.Let us discuss about basketball in here ooooooooo. smiley By force angry angry angry
Re: Basketball Fan by ochocinco1(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2007
Yeah let's.

Who you got to make waves this NBA season.?

Me I am looking forward to seeing Kevin Durant at the Sonics.
Re: Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2007
Kevin Durant Is going to make waves this season (thanks to greg oden being on injured list before his first NBA game) but sonics as a team cant make waves this season at all

Celtics would make waves or that would be the laughing stock of next season

I am looking for a team to beat spurs.Those guys make me sick every time is see them win titles.Not that i have beef or something but their game is so boring to me.

phoenix suns should rise up and take charge this season oooooooooooooo
Re: Basketball Fan by ochocinco1(m): 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2007
If there was any justice in the world, the Suns would be triple
NBA champs by now.

Shawn Marion wants out now though. Wonder who will come to replace his versatility in defence.

Celtics season is in the balance. If the trio gel they could go far.
Re: Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2007
I feel shawn should leave since most time,He has not been able to get his shots well on of fence but the suns would miss him.I wish Garnett was with them.

Whats do you think about the bulls?Those guys dey run things oooooooooo

what you think about wade?is there hope for the heat?

Lebron.will that guys team be able to go far again?
Re: Basketball Fan by ritchboi: 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2007
wat about ma boiz,da mavs,wat r their chances dis season?
Re: Basketball Fan by ochocinco1(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2007
I actually didn't think Garnett would have added much to the Suns.

I guess he and Stoudemire would have been a good Centre/power forward tandem
but it might have bogged down their smooth flowing offense.

Suns need muscle in the middle, but Garnett is not the biggest 'big man' in the league.

The bulls are just atrocious on offense. I didn't think they needed Ben Wallace.
What they needed was offence and not defence. Ben Gordon and Luol Deng are going to be stars,

Same with the Cavs. No Offense. Lebron simply doesn't have the support. They need to trade, but there
really isn't much for them to offer. Letting Carlos Boozer go a few seasons back was an outrageous decision.
Their coach is not very smart either on the offensive front.
Re: Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2007
Mav messed up last season.I was counting on them to really deal with the boring spurs but ended up messing up given baron davies the game.I feel they need more defence and should not depend on Dirk for their offence (a lesson the cavs learnt in the finals)

Carlos boozer really tried for his team but his team was not good enough for the spurs. they still need some ones besides deron williams

I dont see lebron getting far again(was lucky he went pass detroit) until someone hot is with him.The east is now hot. this season will be too interesting or what do you guys think?

Also any hope for kobe next season?
Re: Basketball Fan by A40(m): 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2007
@ritchboi
Dont tell me you are a Mavs fan o! we share a few things in common

Its Mavs for me o! Nba ring or not the Cavs where lucky the Bulls are my pick of the East
Re: Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2007
Mavs aint going anywhere unless they find good support for Dirk
Re: Basketball Fan by SAFO(m): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2007
Watch out for my Rockets this year. We should be able to make some noise in a tough Western Conference. Hopefully McGrady can stay healthy and with Mike James and Stevie Franchise back I think we're pretty loaded.

I hope Yao can come back with a mean streak and not look as soft as he did in the playoffs last year.

Rockets FTW grin
Re: Basketball Fan by SAFO(m): 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2007
I don't think the Mavs have a chance this year. Dirk is way to soft and when you D him up, he gets out of his comfort zone. Although I do like what Jason Terry and Josh Howard bring to the game but if either one of those guys has an off night you can hang it up for them.

Plus I'm not sold on Avery Johnson as a head coach. He has been fortunate enough to inherit a loaded team and when it comes down to play calling he's about as incompetent as it gets. The only good thing that Mavs have going for them is that they have an Owner who actually cares and Mark Cuban will spend whatever it takes to make them competitive, even if it means having to go over the Salary cap and pay an enormous luxury tax.

I wish the Rockets had an owner like that.
Re: Basketball Fan by Skywalker5(m): 6:42am On Oct 05, 2007
Houston is meant to reign with macgrady there but the team is not good enough if you know what i mean.Apart from yao and macgrady,No one can do anything on that team.Juwan howard tried last season bit not enough to get them through.
I am also tired of people calling my man T mac the best player ever not to win a playoff game.Its sad after that guy tried all his best.Well this season i hope they have a good manager this season who can give them more role players.

I want T-mac to have a ring ooooooo not just a playoff spot
Re: Basketball Fan by A40(m): 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2007
We might not go far but we would definitely do better than the rockets thats for sure.As for the Mavs last year we got fixed with the wrong team i mean Don Nelson knows Avery Johnson like the back of his hand and i think our sixth man spot really let us down last year Stack didnt do nada.There was no other team that could beat us in that conference except Golden State and thats because of Don Nelson.We would do better this year i know it.

I am backing the Bulls in the East

(1) (Reply)

The Okocha In All Of Us / West Brom(0) Vs Manchester United(5) On Tuesday 27th January / Asegun Wins Milo African U-13 Championship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.