Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job (4267 Views)

See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Akpors The Poultry Farmer. / Poultry Farmer In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm(m): 10:29am On Dec 15, 2011
MORNING EVERYONE, I STARTED A SMALL POULTRY FARM WITH ABOUT 100LAYERS IN SEPTEMBER, THEY ARE 18WKS NOW AND THEY LOOKED SET TO LAY ANY MOMENT  FROM NOW, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ASSISTED BY EXPERIENCED FARMERS FROM THE NORTH ON PERFORMANCE OF THE SHIKA BROWN EGG LAYERS.

PLS ANY USEFUL ADVICE WILL HELP, I EQUALLY STARTED A BROILER FARM OF ABOUT 120 AND THEY ARE DOING FINE, I'VE RELIED ON EXPERIENCE I GOT FROM THE NET ALL ALONG.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by AreaFada2: 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
watching this thread.
Come on NLers.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by stagger: 11:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
Please let us have contributions. It is not only on the religious thread or political threads that spread hatred that we will see the most posts and views.

Help a brother out.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by fm7070: 9:41am On Dec 16, 2011
davidzfarm:

MORNING EVERYONE, I STARTED A SMALL POULTRY FARM WITH ABOUT 100LAYERS IN SEPTEMBER, THEY ARE 18WKS NOW AND THEY LOOKED SET TO LAY ANY MOMENT FROM NOW, I WOULD LIKE TO BE ASSISTED BY EXPERIENCED FARMERS FROM THE NORTH ON PERFORMANCE OF THE SHIKA BROWN EGG LAYERS.

PLS ANY USEFUL ADVICE WILL HELP, I EQUALLY STARTED A BROILER FARM OF ABOUT 120 AND THEY ARE DOING FINE, I'VE RELIED ON EXPERIENCE I GOT FROM THE NET ALL ALONG.

@Poster, you narrowed down your search to North farmers only and as such, you don't expect anyone who is not from that area to respond.
Repost reasonably and specifically with your request for assistance, I may be willing to lend an helping hands.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2011
@Fm7070.
i stocked the brown egg layers, they are in there 18th week, i really want to know from experience how the weather factor in the north could affect the laying pattern, i got information from the net that i could stimulate them to lay starting from the 18th week. i will like to know the experience here.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2011
early days

Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm(m): 1:30pm On Dec 16, 2011
i intend to stock another batch next week, you can learn along with me as i update you on this thread, meanwhile, my xmas broilers will be going to the slaughter 2moro.
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm(m): 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
it was indeed a most fruitful weekend for me. first, i got orders for my broilers early in the morning, i got back to discovered my 1st golden egg and to crown it up, came back from church on sunday to find my dog withseven puppies. to god alone be the glory

1 Like

Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by otunbadan(m): 8:59am On Dec 28, 2011
is there any advice you can give me, my father has 3000 birds in delta state and i want buyers, can you give me any contact or advice, 08134793574
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by bizay7(m): 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Fairly used battery cages with automatic drinkers in good condition - for sale for just 25K. For pictures and other info - go to http://afrimash.com/ads/show-ad/1/fairly-used-poultry-cages-for-sale/ibadan/oyo/nigeria/general/
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm18(m): 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Glad to see this thread . the said layers performed brilliantly. doing 70% for almost a yr. the second and third adventure not quite successful.
I moved to broilers to gather money to start my present batch of 1250. To God alone be the glory
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by jamp: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2015
davidzfarm18:
Glad to see this thread . the said layers performed brilliantly. doing 70% for almost a yr. the second and third adventure not quite successful.
I moved to broilers to gather money to start my present batch of 1250. To God alone be the glory

how are your birds doing. have you seen your first egg
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by Ura: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2015
Did you also use Shika Brown for the other batches? And did you buy them direct from NAPRI?
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm18(m): 12:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ura:
Did you also use Shika Brown for the other batches? And did you buy them direct from NAPRI?
All the batches have been Shika Brown . However, I did not buy from NAPRI but from hatcheries such as Mark Farms, DBESTLINE amongst others
Re: Abuja Poultry Farmer: Learning On The Job by davidzfarm18(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
jamp:

how are your birds doing. have you seen your first egg
The oldest batch are 15wks today. Expecting the eggs by next month by his grace.

(1) (Reply)

Let's Design Your Corporate income generating website,Call us !! / 6 Acres Of Land For Poultry Farm Partnership In Iwo, Osun State / Top 8 Richest Farmers In The World You Should Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.