Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Low Free Testosterone - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Low Free Testosterone (1480 Views)

5 Foods That Increase Testosterone / The Testosterone Dilemma / Testosterone Supplements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Low Free Testosterone by manneger(m): 12:23pm On Dec 15, 2011
Pls i recently had a test as directed by my doc due to low testosterone symptoms, and d test goes like this total testosterone 6.2ng/ml refrence is (3-10)ng/ml normal range and oestradiol 19pg/ml refrence is (<60) pg/ml normal too and doc said is normal but am stil having low testosterone symptom and went 4 another test on my own as my uk friend suggested to test 4 free testosterone and it was very low, i dont knw what to do now how to tell my doc that such problem exit, is there any good way i can increase my free testosterone to normal high
Re: Low Free Testosterone by highland(m): 11:39am On Dec 16, 2011
I believe in diet solution to increase your testosterone hormone to high level.
Re: Low Free Testosterone by TSpayne: 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2011
You may be able to measure your total testosterone but note that not all testosterone measured is actually having effect on you.
Only FREE testosterone has the ability to act on receptors which regulate 'manly' characteristics. So if your testosterone is normal, it doesn't mean its actually working. A lot of it is bound to protein in the blood. Only free testosterone has a working effect.

The symptoms of low circulating androgens are loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, decreased muscle tone, decrease in facial and body hair, irritability, depression, were you feeling any of these ?
If you are above 40 year of age, be assured that your testosterone levels will drop at an average of 1.5% per year. If you're younger this isn't normal.
In any case, you can control the drop or revive your testosterone level.
Stimulating your system within and without you can start to feel a lot better and this would refelect in subsequent lab measurement.
Full details: totalhealthng21@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

What Can Be Done To Stop An Excessive Itching Of The Arm Pit / IPAN Students Membership, 2014 Registration / University Lecturer Dresses In Ebola Suit To Lecture Students In ANSU (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.