Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

To Download and Open PDF Files - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / To Download and Open PDF Files (1215 Views)

How Can I Edit Pdf Files / Unable To Open PDF File Without Internet Access / How Do I Convert Pdf Files To Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Download and Open PDF Files by wilsonnig: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2005
hi, i've noticed when i try downloading pdf files from certain websites on my laptop like glo and nokia, the file just flashes open and disappers, anyone know what i can do?
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by Seun(m): 10:04am On Jul 13, 2005
Right-click the link to the pdf and select "Save Target As", then save to your desktop After the file has been downloaded to your desktop, double-click the file and report what happens.

Can you show us the web page linking to the PDF you're trying to download?
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by wilsonnig: 7:45am On Jul 14, 2005
hi, tried it on another pc and it worked ok, but not on my laptop, i have sent the file to myself as an attachment
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by Seun(m): 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2005
I'm glad to hear that ythe issue you had with opening Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files from the web has been resolved. My general advice is to download PDF files first before opening them, to prevent Windows system instability resulting from the interaction between Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat Reader running as an IE Plugin.
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by jogego(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2005
I would honestly suggest you guys use Opera or firefox instead of IE.
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by shockreaction(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2005
There's nothing wrong with IE if you have your latest Windows Updates installed and you don't install from almost every dodgy web site that asks you to install a plugin smiley
Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by mcommerce(m): 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2009
go to pdffactory.com to learn more

Re: To Download and Open PDF Files by TrevorDJ(m): 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
A file with the .pdf file extension is a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. They are used to distribute read-only documents like user manuals, eBooks, application forms, and scanned documents, to name a few. This guide explains what a PDF file is and everything else you need to know.

https://www.novabach.com/what-is-a-pdf-file-and-how-do-i-open-one/

(1) (Reply)

Which Linux Distro Is Right For You? / Enrol For Ccna Lectures! / Solve The Problem Of Your Dell C600 Keyboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.