Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Blackberries To Get Android Phones? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberries To Get Android Phones? (12475 Views)

List Of Phones That Will Get Android 5.0 Lollipop / How To Get Android Apps On Blackberry Z3 / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by joanana(f): 4:39am On Dec 20, 2011
kayswag100:

I dont use any of the phones but with my experience as a telecom executive, i would advise the average nigerian 'phonaholic' to opt for a BB.

Y?

BB phones have data compression rates that are GANGSTER!! in other words, u can hardly exhaust the data bundle attached to any bis plan u buy!
Also, security is second to none!!!ever heard of a BB phone being hacked? d hacker must be demon then!

Android et al, it gives u the 'desk-top-like' experience, '3D' displays in newer models and super applications! Buy guess what? data consumption is herculean!!! u could actually down a GB within hours. security is tight as well but i v had i
several intances of hacked androids!

which 1 u pick, your choice!!!!!
Did you say hack? My dear BB has being hacked get ur fact rit. Besides you can control the number of apps that will run on ur driod fone. Andriod is the best!!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Konnektions146(m): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2011
over 80% of BB users in nigeria dont really do much with their BB, dey dont explore the smartness of the phone, also most enlightened users knows wat they want in a phone and they go for it and i guess people should use the de mobile device that suits them and be happy.

for me, not a BB fan and will never be, my samsung android and nokia phones are just ok for me.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by kayswag100(m): 6:54am On Dec 20, 2011
joanana:

Did you say hack? My dear BB has being hacked get your fact rit. Besides you can control the number of apps that will run on your driod fone. Andriod is the best!!!
Aunty, FYI, BB has a security system that is encoded from sender to receiver ok? it's security all d way. that's y i said it would take a 'demon' to hack a bb! and as i said, androids have got kool applications.

again, it's up to u to make a choice!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Suntemi(m): 7:04am On Dec 20, 2011
just passing
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by GChux1: 7:40am On Dec 20, 2011
BB all the way come 2012. My Nokia is still my first wife. But I need a girlfriend/concubine. I want to make love to her all day long aithout her Mrs Happy getting tired or running out of fluid/data. Don't mind me people. But I guess you copy! wink wink wink
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sylve11: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2011
I cursed the day laid my hands on the device called BB sad sad sad cool
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Sundayademola(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2011
sylve11:

I cursed the day laid my hands on the device called BB sad sad sad cool
do not curse that as it may be the day some laid their hands on droids.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 20, 2011
Hate all you want bottom line is
,USE WHAT SUITS YOU MOST! For me,i'm getting a BB pretty soon. I buy 3g of data monthly on my symbian device and still find myself struggling to make it last for 30days while my younger brother downloads 3gb in one day on his BB!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by dagboss(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2011
I used to own a BB Bold 2 i got tired of it and transferred it to my 1st son, ever since i have had problem with deciding whether to buy a BB Tourch or Samsung Galaxy S. And I have gone through the posts of the Android fans i have not seen anything to convince me to shift camp. Don't they say a devil you know is better,  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by ikennahill: 11:46am On Dec 20, 2011
HOW OYIBO DEY USE US AS MUGU,EVEN PEOPLE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT PDF FILES,OR THE FUNCTION OF ANDROID ARE RUNNING TO GET THEM JUST BECAUSE IT MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A RICH GUY NOT BECAUSE THEY NEED IT. THANK GOD 9JA IS CHANGING,ABROAD WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR PHONE,IF YOU HAVE IT FINE,BUT HAVING IT WILL NOT ENTICE ANY BODY EXCEPT THIEVES THAT WANA SELL THEM FOR CRACKS, FOOD ,RUMS,ETC
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 20, 2011
G-Chux has said it all. Android phones have killer apps that are off the hook but guzzle data like beer ( as someone rightly pointed out ). I use an android , xperia x10 , and can't dream of leaving my gps on for a day cos of data usage. Presently I'm thinking about getting a BB for downloads/browsing as I am a heavy downloader. I have stopped using my android for downloading when just in one month I had to subscribe three times for the 3k/1gig plan amounting to 9k. The day a similar BIS plan is made for android devices I'll sell off my yet unbought BB.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sylve11: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
Zeddicus:

Hate all you want bottom line is
,USE WHAT SUITS YOU MOST! For me,i'm getting a BB pretty soon. I buy 3g of data monthly on my symbian device and still find myself struggling to make it last for 30days while my younger brother downloads 3gb in one day on his BB!!

don't worry try and see. . . cool
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2011
blackberrys are still pointless, I'll keep saying that till RIM make their mobile OS truly functional.
Honestly, to me, there's little difference between a bb and one of those java phones.

Android, on the other hand, is a truly functional mobile OS, a blessing to every owner of a device it powers.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by joanana(f): 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
@kayswag100 read the article below, and check the website tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

[size=8pt][size=8pt]BlackBerry hacked for cooperating with London police[/size][/size]
August 09, 2011|By Brandon Griggs, CNN

The London police are posting photos of suspected rioters on their Flickr page and asking the public to help identify them.

After three days of rioting and looting in the streets, London's unrest is moving to the Web.

Research in Motion's Inside BlackBerry blog was hacked Tuesday after the Canadian smartphone maker suggested it would cooperate with London police to help identify rioters who may have used a BlackBerry messaging service to plan mayhem.

A hacking group calling itself TeaMp0isoN took credit for the attack, which involved posting a statement on the BlackBerry blog before RIM removed it.

"Dear Rim; You Will _NOT_ assist the UK Police because if u do innocent members of the public who were at the wrong place at the wrong time and owned a blackberry will get charged for no reason at all," the statement read in part. It then threatened to make public a database of RIM employees' personal information.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-09/tech/london.rioting_1_blackberry-messenger-uk-police-hacking-group?_s=PM:TECH
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Alexanda07(m): 9:58pm On Dec 20, 2011
Hmmm Despite all and sundry about BB. Am not even 0.00001% Convince nor moved to use it. BB and Data compression Shey? Just laughing!!!

In Android, When rooted, you can install apps that help maximize your data usage. Am a witness to that. Am a heavy Android downloader.

Anything is virtually achievable in Android. I Ping(Pinging apps as i mentioned earlier), Mail, Wifi, Surf d web ( beautiful), just so much.

Am even doubting d future of BB when Google goes Gaga in Mass producing Their Android and with the new OS for android called "Ice Cream Sandwich", D Ladies and Gurls will have no choice than to sell off their old CrapBerry and Wanna have a taste of this wonderful Technology.

Peace Out!!!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
Alexanda07:

Hmmm Despite all and sundry about BB. Am not even 0.00001% Convince nor moved to use it. BB and Data compression Shey? Just laughing!!!

In Android, When rooted, you can install apps that help maximize your data usage. Am a witness to that. Am a heavy Android downloader.

Anything is virtually achievable in Android. I Ping(Pinging apps as i mentioned earlier), Mail, Wifi, Surf d web ( beautiful), just so much.

Am even doubting d future of BB when Google goes Gaga in Mass producing Their Android and with the new OS for android called "Ice Cream Sandwich", D Ladies and Gurls will have no choice than to sell off their old CrapBerry and Wanna have a taste of this wonderful Technology.

Peace Out!!!!

Sadly with all the fantastic apps android has to offer none can give the kind of usage BIS gives. I really don't like BB but with the unlimited data usage going on for them then it would be the best for me and anyone else like who averages 100mb data/day.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by jedisco(m): 1:25am On Dec 21, 2011
well I'm using my Nokia 701 with the new symbian belle (although some said they copied other platforms- why should I care?)
I think its an awesome phone with wonderful specs and super cheap as you wont get any phone less than 85000 with thesame specs while it goes for just 55000.
And I'm not talking about the superior Nokia hardware and the longlasting battery.
Can't wait for the new Cindy update
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sinade1(m): 5:14am On Dec 21, 2011
It is only in Naija we buy phones without proper assessment. I bought BB 9810 last month & I want to trade it off now for either a Samsung or HTC high-end phone. I like MULTITASKING so much that I become frustrated when I am on BB. I am not condemning BB, I personally need something SMARTER. I have 4 emails running well, besides that I use my iPhone 4s most of time because it doesn't drag.

I don't even like BBM interface, I prefer WHATSAPP which works fine on BB (no need for PIN). It is very light and u sometimes need no data service. The cool part is that it has delivery notification. I prefer eBuddy(XMS), Nimbuzz, IM+,etc.

BB is good for corporate & Naija environment.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2011
i used a bb for one week and was dissappointed, i was using a symbian phone prior to that. but if i was coming from a java phone to a berry, i probably would have loved it. if you want to mail and ping get a bb. if you want to mail, ping, love-vendor your device with grt apps, get anything apart from a bb.
app developers dont make apps for bb again. theg complain abt the platform being uninspiring. i would stick to my N8 for now. when a bb user gets a hacked/jailbroken phone, maybe then they will understand what people mean. can you really diffrentiate the bb torches from one another.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by mavinc4u(f): 8:42am On Dec 21, 2011
u2 1 day:

i used a bb for one week and was dissappointed, i was using a symbian phone prior to that. but if i was coming from a java phone to a berry, i probably would have loved it. if you want to mail and ping get a bb. if you want to mail, ping, love-vendor your device with grt apps, get anything apart from a bb.
app developers dont make apps for bb again. theg complain abt the platform being uninspiring. i would stick to my N8 for now. when a bb user gets a hacked/jailbroken phone, maybe then they will understand what people mean. can you really diffrentiate the bb torches from one another.

one mans meet is another mans poison.you can differentiate the bb torches both in their look and the functions
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by schorlbone(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2011
Hey yo fellas, please i need a BOLD 2/3 to buy, i reside @ ikoyi-obalende area. You can call me on: 08032524322 or ping me 30499e44. Up BB for 2015 and forever!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Alexanda07(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2011
From there Post, you shall know them. I mean the BB Freaks. Pinging Pinging Ping. Do something better with ur device other than Pinging. Such a Boring Stuff. BB, I still doubt its future.

Peace Out!!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sinade1(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2011
sun_temi:

just passing

Bros, drop something.

Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by LoveDecay(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2011
I dont think the BB is going away its like tryin to kill google.com , to many people use it , it cant die - xcept we die cool

The andriod, i think its just business as usual, open source technology can never beat commercial application,

Google will stop supporting the andriod soon and sell it off to someone and that person is going to sell it to another,

I think the andriod is just a cheap alternative to the iOs, hence it should not be compared to the BB,

The Blackberry is a business fone not a mechanic or computer electricians fone, its for cool people not people who need to be tweaked to be cool.

And, the BB can be modded - am sure u dnt understand the RiM technology that is why you are complaining.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nikky04(f): 2:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
joanana:

@kayswag100 read the article below, and check the website tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

[size=8pt][size=8pt]BlackBerry hacked for cooperating with London police[/size][/size]
August 09, 2011|By Brandon Griggs, CNN

The London police are posting photos of suspected rioters on their Flickr page and asking the public to help identify them.

After three days of rioting and looting in the streets, London's unrest is moving to the Web.

Research in Motion's Inside BlackBerry blog was hacked Tuesday after the Canadian smartphone maker suggested it would cooperate with London police to help identify rioters who may have used a BlackBerry messaging service to plan mayhem.

A hacking group calling itself TeaMp0isoN took credit for the attack, which involved posting a statement on the BlackBerry blog before RIM removed it.

"Dear Rim; You Will _NOT_ assist the UK Police because if u do innocent members of the public who were at the wrong place at the wrong time and owned a blackberry will get charged for no reason at all," the statement read in part. It then threatened to make public a database of RIM employees' personal information.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-08-09/tech/london.rioting_1_blackberry-messenger-uk-police-hacking-group?_s=PM:TECH

Seesh! are you for real?

What was hacked was a BLOG not the BBM application. Please try not to show off your ignorance.

RIM's security features are still unparalleled and second to none. As food for thought, try to think of a reason why the President of the United States is using it.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nikky04(f): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2011
sinade1:

It is only in Naija we buy phones without proper assessment. I bought BB 9810 last month & I want to trade it off now for either a Samsung or HTC high-end phone. I like MULTITASKING so much that I become frustrated when I am on BB. I am not condemning BB, I personally need something SMARTER. I have 4 emails running well, besides that I use my iPhone 4s most of time because it doesn't drag.

I don't even like BBM interface, I prefer WHATSAPP which works fine on BB (no need for PIN). It is very light and u sometimes need no data service. The cool part is that it has delivery notification. I prefer eBuddy(XMS), Nimbuzz, IM+,etc.

BB is good for corporate & Naija environment.
Frustrated with Multitasking? on a bb? Pray how? Please could you give us an example of this?
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by sinade1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2011
Nikky-04:

Frustrated with Multitasking? on a bb? Pray how? Please could you give us an example of this?

Google sync & emails: I was actually running goggle sync when few mails dropped. The phone froze. I had to reboot.

Then on several occasions running some little applications like ScoreMobile FC, FirstMobile, 2go, Lookout Mobile Security, etc drags.

It is always good using BB with default applications.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by toyeoye(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2011
I already did but the way my Android gulps data is amazing! bb is on the brink of extinction!
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by roots: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2011
Android phones are getting better fast after the Introduction of Iphone 4 which are usually expensive, thanks to the company.
Android phones are sweet, Iphones are sweater.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Thespecialone(m): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2011
@OP

Due to a lot of factors and high demands from phones, most people are now selling their BB's at give away prices to get an Android based Phones since Iphones are not to their reach

Unless you have facts and figures to back this spurious claim of yours, I maintain that this post is inspired by your infertile imagination.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by mufasa(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2011
Thespecialone:

@OP

Due to a lot of factors and high demands from phones, most people are now selling their BB's at give away prices to get an Android based Phones since Iphones are not to their reach

Unless you have facts and figures to back this spurious claim of yours, I maintain that this post is inspired by your infertile imagination.

Or maybe they are getting newer Blackberry models

This is turning to another Mac vs PC debate, good luck to all involved

My 2cents, when I was getting my 9900 I traded in my curve so that's the way the used phones market get served.

Both platforms are cool, I have a rooted HTC desire running 2.3 with Data2SD and I love it cause of its seemingly endless possibility of tweaking features and settings. My 9900 is running OS 7.0.590 and it's a monster of a device too, battery life improved dramatically when I updated the firmware, I like bbm, I like my mails dropping like that without too much data consumption.

I wonder how one will even enjoy an Android phone in Nigeria with all it's stupendous data rates and data caps.

During my last holiday in Lagos, I spent more money on Data on my HTC than phone calls.
Re: Blackberries To Get Android Phones? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2011
It is obvious most people dont use android phones here. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and SII. Nothing compares to it in terms of usage and applications

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Nigeria Acquires Additional 800MHZ Spectrum / Awoof: Get More Than 3 Million Airtime From Airtel To Call Any Network In 9ja / Adobe Unveils AI Tool That Can Detect Photoshopped Faces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.