Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,324 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? (1746 Views)

Getting Ready For Job Interview – How To Keep Calm / Interview!!!how Best Can Someone Answer The Question "May We Meet You" / On Interview, How Do I Answer The Salary Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by babaife(m): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2007
I have been pondering on this question for a very long time. i even asked a partner of an indigenious accounting firm in nigeria whether a stammerer can get the jobs. i know during interviews the adrenalin within a body system rushes speedily that make an orator grasp for words at times. how much more a stammerer? what tips do you have for them to pass interviews?
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by stellose(f): 6:06pm On Oct 01, 2007
@Poster, i have been laughing seeing this post. you grin are funny.
if a stammerer sends in his or her resume for any job opening .
he or she should be prepared to stammer it out on the day of the interview .

For me i stammer a bit, but not that hard to talk type. yet when i get an interview letter. i go and speak for myself, When am facing the panel i comport myself and talk for few seconds and pause. you wont know i stammer at all. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by bibiking1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2007
@POSTER
i dont know this sounds really weird, seems he will just have to ford through those hard waters
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by pewekac: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2007
@stellose: that was very cold hearted. hope it doesn't rub off on your love life.

@babaife: i have stammerer friends and i for one know it's not easy (i stammered for a LITTLE bit when i was young ). God help them sha.
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by ogunlekan: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2007
Being a Stam, is not the end of the world and should not limit your chance of passin an interview just take it cool and talk at ur own pace
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by awa(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2007
stellose:

For me i stammer a bit, but not that hard to talk type. yet when i get an interview letter. i go and speak for myself, When am facing the panel i comport myself and talk for few seconds and pause. you wont know i stammer at all. cheesy grin

Sister Stellose,

I thank God that your kind of stammering is not like that of one guy in my neighbourhood. The poor guy was nearly fought by his friend on the account that he failed to speak out at the right time. While both of them were walking down the street, the Stammerer saw "Shit" while still far and in attempt to warn his friend to be careful; the Stammerer started saying Seeeee Seeeeeeee Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Shhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT. Before the guy could ask him where is it the Stammerer said YOU DON'T MATCH AM.

Well, the God that introduces itch on the body will as well give the nails to scrap it. The Stammerers do pass interview with ease to the glory of God.
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by Ajengogo(m): 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2007
Being a stammerer is not easy. But God knows why. One thing I ahave come to learn about these set of people is that most of them are extremely talented in whatever they choose to do. For instance, those that have defied the odds to go up the academic line are wonderful resaerchers in their various fields. Though they prefer to communicate the results of their research through writing only for the reason that is obvoius. So also we can have seasoned accountants, engineers, etc.

Therefore for an organisation not give them the chance to prove their worth means such organisation doesn't know what it wants.

I am even thinking of starting a campaign or crusade aimed at sensitising reputable organisations to give this group of people a chance. Because they are very intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by vickylincon(m): 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
stellose:

how did you get over it
Re: Job: Interview How Can A Stammerer Pass? by nurez305(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
In nigeria, a stammerer graduated with third class with sure connection is better employed than the fluent speaking man with first class..

Just like asking if a person without certificate can become a president in nigeria

They there they ask question if they can pass interview

(1) (Reply)

Mcse And Itil: Thats Your Advantage / New Job Placement @ Abesco Ltd. Uk / Vacancies For Residents Of Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.