Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,332 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigerian Singles In The Us. - Dating And Meet-up Zone (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Nigerian Singles In The Us. (3301 Views)

A New An Fast Growing Site For Nigerian Singles / New Romance Networking Site For Nigerian Singles / Nigerian Singles Connection Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Singles In The Us. by omega25red(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2008
Well i have read most of what people have to say about the issue of Nigerians not being friendly with each other in all these other countries

My experience has been that both the Nigerian man and women hook up with the white, Latino, black, Asian and every other type of Americans. From my point of view our women run around with all these other folks and some find true love and most don't because these people only see you as an exotic booty to have sex with also i have run into a few Nigerian women who prefer to hook up with the olo doo boys (credit card scammers) because of the money and fast living that comes with it. While doing this, they never take the time to invest in themselves as far as getting an education finding a better job or thinking of the future. They unfortunately revert to the idea that a man is supposed to be the only provider and all they have to do is stay looking pretty. when the man gets arrested and no more money is coming in, then you see them at church or on the internet begging God and people to provide them with a good man when they have absolutely nothing to offer than sex which in turn would be a liability for someone who has worked hard for what they have. Note that this is just one aspect of what happens and most men are even worse.
Nigerians also perpetuate the negative stereotype that follows our people around by telling their children not to associate themselves with other Nigerians because "won ma ko e si wahalla" according to my mother.
I live in New york and i am always looking for Nigerians to befriend, i am not talking of hooking up but i can't seem to find anyone because most of our people seem to have their heads so far up their arses that they can't or refuse to be nice to each other.
Re: Nigerian Singles In The Us. by howfar2: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ poster i dont know much about nigerian girls in US

@sweetmina i think you should keep quiet, nigerian girls in the uk here are complicated and it is better to avoid them, even a village girl back home is better than them.
Re: Nigerian Singles In The Us. by akins4(m): 1:32am On Mar 31, 2008
i think its an imprtn issue, but i havent experiance dat b4 since i've been in the united states,

nigerians should try to behave matured duh,

but for me i dnt give a damn and i ain't tripn
Re: Nigerian Singles In The Us. by onochi: 10:18am On Mar 31, 2008
u right
Re: Nigerian Singles In The Us. by pasuma(m): 5:10pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ desiree ,
i think i just had a clue or i shud say a solution to my problem,

i guess i need 2 check where i have been looking all this while,

thankx, alot,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omolove.co is fake / Where Is Ikamefa? Am Dying For For You. / To Seun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.