Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal (1229 Views)

'Oil Subsidy Is Fiction' - Professor Tam David-West / Profitable Business Opportunities After Subsidy Removal? / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Petrol May Cost 195 Naira Per Litre (From 65 Naira) - NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal by 9japrof(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2011
Hello my fellow nairalanders, please my good day wishes to all of you and our dear country nigeria.
Much have been said about the planned downstream deregulation of our oil sector by both the proposers and opposers.Am not here to prolong the arguement but to strike a balance between the both parties and see the way we the youths can seize the opportunity to explore the various business opportunities that would open up when that policy is implemented by the federal Government.
Personally i support the planned deregulation(remember we are all entitled to our own opinions), this stems from the fact that the government in itslef cannot handle everything, moreover our country been a hetrogenous country and a corrupt society compounds the whole problem. Our country have the capacity to refine the whole needs of its citizens, but there are some selfish few that are hell bent on seeing the refineries not working so that they will benefit from their selfish interests and rake in their billions.Private individuals who want to make investments into the downstream sector veiw it as risky venture since there is no level playing ground for them to compete. Am not concerned about the trillions that would be freed because no matter what they say it would drizzle into the pockets of the political and corrupt officers we proudly call our leaders, if you doubt what i say ,where did the millions and billions of dollars the telecommunication companies paid for licences go to? Where we told how it was spent? Not at all, Baba and Co chopped the money. If you are with me you will understand that that did not stop the progress we have seen so far in the telecommunication sector, first prices for sim cards were so high(my neigbour bought his "walkie talkie" and sim for almost 50,000 naira then) in addition recharge cards were so expensive , moreover if u dont use it within 1 week they will help you give you a better option by empting your balance.We all endured this rash treatments till there was competition in the sector and every thing crashed and is still crashing till tomorow.Thanks for the deregulation by the same controversial Baba, but my question remains , where is those billions of dollars that were paid in licences, where is the government nitel that should have competed with these private companies? Bereaucracy killed Nitel and is still killing it till tomorrow.
Jonathan may be lobbying to remove the subsidy to free more funds he and his clueless cohorts will loot to infinito, but we on ourselves can see that besides freeing funds, it would create opportunity for the private sector to come in and compete thereby making the product available and affordable.
Some one out there would say, what about the harsh economic realities that would ensue after the policy. Obviously the price will almost be double or maybe triple the price and that would create higher inflation to the already inflated economy, but i believe with the infux of competing investors and they making choices of whether to refine here or abroad, things will change for the better
This actually brings me to the topic of today, with any economic policy that is introduced has new businesses that will spring up, what likely businesses would spring up from this economic policy
we youths of Nigeria should seize these opportunities that would be discussed and stop blabbing,cos i bet you oyibo dem and all these rich business moguls may have perfected their plans to extend their business empire immediately this is implemented.
Meaniful and constructive contributions are needed
bethel
writing from Aba
Re: Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal by uthupbe: 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2011
It is obvious that cost of almost everything will rise, but there is a genuine business that can cut the cost on fuel consumption and also put some money in your pocket if you become their distributor since every car owner, gen set owner etc will have use for it.
check out the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827920.0.html
Re: Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal by 9japrof(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2011
i appreciate guys your replies, please i would always appreciate more information about the likely businesses that would spring up not just in the oil sector but in other sectors as well, i would appreciate if we the youths of Nigeria can brainstorm and make wise use of this opportunity
Re: Business Opportunities From The Planned Oil Subsidy Removal by whizkid10(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2011
[table][color=#006600]undecided As you can see am undecided about this issue,i think the FG shud be more concern first about the alternative source of energy since lot of Nigerians are still running their generators before deregulation or oil subsidy removal as the case may be, But if they are sincere about creating jobs,lot of good Nigerian youths will channel their energy into something positive and we will rewrite the wrongs of our elders corrupt years.[/color][/table]

(1) (Reply)

Betonmarket Traders Forum:earn A Living Forecasting / Virtapay Wahala! Pls Gurus Help!!! / Is 1kjobsonline A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.