Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? (9107 Views)

What Is The Most Difficult Thing To Find In Life? / 'Lefftover Women' In China Face Tough Choices In Looking For Love / Are Yoruba Women Bad Choices As Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Tiana155(f): 12:42am On Dec 24, 2011
pray to God always to never make bad choices in life. Example: in your career, choice of friends, choice of business, choice of husband/wive, pattern of life, the list is endless, i made bad choice of friends and which i am not proud of. My peeps share if u have any. May God guide our foot steps never to make bad choices in life. Reply
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Gboliwe: 6:47am On Dec 24, 2011
Make bad choice in career, you switch careers, in friends? you change them but in a life partner? Its hell! God help us

1 Like

Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 24, 2011
Made a bad choice albeit with noble intentions and the consequences are just terrible. I pray to God for respite and wisdom in dealing with it.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by efisher(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2011
I've made 3 major bad choices. One in my career, one in spiritual matters and one in family matters. I've been able to correct the first 2, the third can hardly be corrected. I guess I just have to leave with the scars and learn from my mistakes.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2011

1 Like

Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by efisher(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2011
Very soothing words from Chaircover as always.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2011
Erm Aunty ChairCover, I would like to contact you for something important if you don't mind. Pls reply.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by JimmyBoy1: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2011
There have been some minor mistakes,but the major one is my venture into haulage business with borrowed capital, I almost died from pressure from lenders while drivers and mechanics. Thank God the worst is over now.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by dasparrow: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2011
chaircover:

Oh Yes Ive made lots of bad choices. I was only this morning discussing this same topic with my other half over my choice of career.

You know what he said to me . . .He said that its not over until its over and there is plenty of time to make good bad choices and even where it is not possible to make amends, so long as there is life there is still oppourtuity to make other good choices in ones life.

. . . . and that no matter how one looks at it, there are many many good choices that one has made in life and so one should not beat oneself up over one or two bad ones that one made  smiley

That was a very good advice your husband gave. We all make mistakes along the way as we journey through life because as human beings, we are not perfect. I have made my share of mistakes but I have learnt from them. I also learn from other people's errors so that I do not have to go through the heartache they experienced as a result of poor decision making.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by ajadek(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2011
my forma boss,
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2011
it is only at the very end of your life you may be able to say with clarity which choices were bad and which weren't

hindsight doesn't always mean anything

i have been reflecting about my career path - i left a satisfying but poorly paying job in engineering consultancy for a much better paying but far less interesting and engaging engineering job in the oil and gas industry.

i would without a doubt, have been an oga in my former company today. the MD said as much when i was leaving.  

on the flip  side, my horizons have broadened in odd ways - i am much more of a computer geek than i was before - i have a broad range of it expertise (whether that is a good thing is debatable) , probably because i have more money and internet access.  i have also built up some other skills which i almost certainly would not have built up in my former place.  

still i find myself wondering about roads not taken - i look at places like the civic center in vi, or the new eko hotel building and wonder if oi gave up such exciting projects to design single storey petrol stations that stay in my computer
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by 4reigningqueen: 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2011
yes.i chose d wrong friends and i repeated jss1.bad choices are made in ignorance.nobody will delibrately make a bad choice so now my philosophy is IF AM NOT SURE IT IS WHAT I NEED,THEN I WONT EVER GO FOR IT.its been smooth since then.

1 Like

Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 24, 2011
what a question.

Almost all living and dead souls would have done that at one point or the other and would still do that cos we are mortals and not spirit beings
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by 222Martins(m): 4:05pm On Dec 24, 2011
I dropped out of higher institution to focus on my business. Family, friends and everybody was screaming in my ears, that i've made the worst choice of my life. And unfortunately, it turned out to be the best choice i've ever made in life.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by PatKing(f): 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2011
your past will only hold you down,
your mistakes are stepping stones,
better promises lies in 2012, never too late to turn an irreparable MISTAKE right.
i've made lots, lots and lots of bad choices! But they are not holding me back.
rather, i try to find a reason to be happy in the mist of many wrongs.

1 Like

Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by olami25: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
lol
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by toluxa1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2011
Gboliwe:

Make bad choice in career, [/b]you switch careers, in [b]friends? you change them but in a life partner? Its hell! God help us

Those are part of what make up Life.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by freecocoa(f): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2011
Who hasn't? I think at one point or another in life we take a wrong turn but our ability to turn back and take the right track is what really counts and determines how well we end up.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nnaemiemax: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2011
one of the worst choices i ever made was to hate maths sad sad[color=#990000][/color] at a very young age, now i wished i could just reverse time and be a maths guru embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by ronkebp(f): 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2011
I don't know if i have made any bad choice yet and that is only because i only see positive things in every situation and try to overlook the negative things, God help us.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2011
'Good' or 'bad' are relative terms. Only the end justifies the means. If by 'bad choices' you mean decisions that have had unfavourable or regrettable outcomes, then everyone has made them. Every single person on the planet, past and present.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by buzugee(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2011
i still make em  grin grin tis part of being human
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nnaemiemax: 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2011
grin grin grin pls what did he do to you cool
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by 3RNEST(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2011
>> True talk @Ronkebp, , so lonq we are living, bad choice is certain, as for me, mine is travellinq,abandon my career to purse travel, but rite now i see it as a good choice, sometime our bad choice can turn up to be a good choice in life, dis because the good book make us to understand the "everthinq will turn around for our good" everythinq as in Bad, Ugly thinqs,
Take this, see positive thinqs in every bad choice you made, take it as an opportunity, challenge, overcome it then you shall smile at the end, wink

1 Like

Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by ronkebp(f): 4:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
3RNEST:

>> True talk @Ronkebp, , so lonq we are living, bad choice is certain, as for me, mine is travellinq,abandon my career to purse travel, but rite now i see it as a good choice, sometime our bad choice can turn up to be a good choice in life, dis because the good book make us to understand the "everthinq will turn around for our good" everythinq as in Bad, Ugly thinqs,
Take this, see positive thinqs in every bad choice you made, take it as an opportunity, challenge, overcome it then you shall smile at the end, wink

My dear, that is what i do, we all as human beings make bad choices, but i will not lie, i can beat my chest that all is turning out for my good, at the beginning a little sour or bitter, but the end is honey.
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nnaemiemax: 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2011
ajadek:

my forma boss,

Pls what did your former boss do to you? hope it isnt what i am thinking grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by abes(m): 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2011
Sometimes we make bad choices, what matters most is what we learnt from whatever choice we make. (Even Nigeria made a bad choice this April lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by 3RNEST(m): 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2011
ronkebp:

My dear, that is what i do, we all as human beings make bad choices, but i will not lie, i can beat my chest that all is turning out for my good, at the beginning a little sour or bitter, but the end is honey.
>> Dear, Never despite your little beginning, says the good book, at beginning the choice meant look bitter but encourage will carry you there, only you can make yourself happy, just you. Come to think of it, have you one day imagine about your bad choices in life, you see yourself crying like baby, as for me, i used to, but i gave it all up just to get a better life, using the word "so long there is life, hope is certain" and more better days ahead.

Ronkbp, sorry i don't know ur real name, but i conclude by sayinq "Keep the faith"  wink
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2011
Yes.

1. Loving my siblings more than I love myself and sacrificing the best offers to live and work overseas for their sake.

3. Being too prudish to date and sleep with my first love when I was 29 when I should have banged the daylights out of her.grin

2.Dating an impressionable and vulnerable member of Nairaland from when she was only 18 till when she jumped ship at 21. grin
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by koolsasy(f): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2011
dis question is almost rhetoric,
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by koolsasy(f): 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2011
@ orikinla, do you work with nlng
Re: Have You Made Bad Choices In Life? by Nnaemiemax: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2011
koolsasy:

@ orikinla,  do you work with nlng

Why are u interested in where he works, instead of his wellbeing angry angry
Because u saw bonny island tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Huge Mistakes I Made As A Wife / Best And Worst Marriage Advices / Palm Kernel Oil For Skin, Hair & Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.