Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? (6735 Views)

Alibaba, Aliexpress And Dghate: Which Offers Cheaper Goods? / Which Nigerian Bank Offers The Most Reliable Visa Or Master Card? / Which Offers Better Margins Between Importing From China Or Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Olatad: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2011
I am an entrpreneur and seeking advice on the most reliable banks in Nigeria that offer good facilities for customers.I have been to two of d banks- First bank and UBA to ask for loan bt a bit relunctant to take up d loan wiv their 22% interest rate.I would appreciate any experience business man for advice on d best bank to approach for loan. thanks and God bless!
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by ajadek(m): 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2011
Nigeria bank are not good in time of loan.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by triaophant: 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2011
try Fidelity, their rate is a bit better, Stanbic is very high
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by fm7070: 7:23pm On Dec 25, 2011
@Poster,
Did they ask of your collateral?
What is the nature of your business, I can refer you to some organisation who might be interested in encouraging you in what you do.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Olatad: 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2011
I need it for my poultry farm's expansion.I am currently banking with UBA and GT but their interest rates are 22% and 24% respectively.I am just looking for a better offer elswhere if there is any. Thanks
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by obua: 12:56am On Dec 26, 2011
Go to BOA ie Bank of agriculture
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by ovdot(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2011
Talk to ur account officer in GTBank about rate reduction, i believe you can get a 20% interest in GTBank.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by victorazy(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2011
All these banks can't help they are even looking for where to borrow money. Just try these Micro-finance banks shaa gudluk
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Hablad47(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2011
Peepz!kindly help me click on d link below,like d story in it.u can also help invite ur frnd by copyn nd update d link as ur status for friends to like it.tanx as u dnt feel less concern.here is d link
www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=319585604732340&id=158495220841380&refid=20&_ft_a=100001547612636&_ft_tf=319585604732340&_ft_tpi=158495220841380&_ft_ti=100&_ft_aoi=158495220841380&_ft_fth=5e1cd21ac484a8de&_ft_time_ft=1324858091
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Nugwax(m): 11:33am On Dec 26, 2011
http://www.cbn.gov.ng

Scroll down to publications and click on the "Deposit and Lending Rate for the Banking Industry as at December 9, 2011. (12/9/2011)" link to see the current rate.

Also, contact GroFin- http://www.grofin.com/Homepage.aspx They may be of help and probably better than a commercial bank.

Good luck.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2011
none

if u have any cash flow problem they will be gloating as they hit you up with the penalties

nigerian banks are one of the reasons why the economy stagnates and stutters

they would rather lend huge sums to senators with no collateral than to businessmen
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by chinnyonwu(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2011
Trust me, collection a bank loan isn't advisable. Even if Ʋ see 15%, after all their hidden charges, it can shoot up to 25 or 30. My advice is that if Ʋ can, borow from frends and family, or steadily grow the business. Cheers
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by usbcable(m): 1:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
triaophant:

try Fidelity, their rate is a bit better, Stanbic is very high
what is fidelity's and stanbic rates.
you say one is better with no figures to back your ascetion undecided
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by dabrake(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
obua:

Go to BOA ie Bank of agriculture
@bolded, i had, before now, thought its acronym stood for BANK OF ABA
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Chysleak: 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
Olatad,I'll recommend u go to stAndard chartered bank.d rate is 18%and other wonderful benefits accrued to it as its unsecured lending.if u r interested,u can reach me with these. Nos 08121970506.I'll put u thru
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Reference(m): 9:31pm On Dec 26, 2011
Olatad:

I need it for my poultry farm's expansion.I am currently banking with UBA and GT but their interest rates are 22% and 24% respectively.I am just looking for a better offer elswhere if there is any. Thanks

Forget bank loans. Be patient, prudent, hardworking and grow your business organically. Once you've bitten the loan bug you will never reach the efficiencies required to survive even the minutest economic shocks. If you are truly committed and your business is viable let it grow by itself. My two cents.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by nelly4(f): 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
AB MICROFINANCE BANK
Try this bank heard they can give good loans with very low interest rates and zero account balance just that ur collateral must b air tyt,
AB microfinace bank, some where on mobil road apapa, or oba akran ikeja, heard its sum german bank or so,
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by ben4ever(m): 1:24am On Dec 27, 2011
I'd suggest you leave nigerian banks out of it. Better join a cooperative and access cheap loan or use the NACRDB. Getting loans from our banks is just like a TIME BOMBBBBB!
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Nimshi: 12:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
What are these rates? 20+ %

Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Olatad: 7:34am On Dec 28, 2011
thanks u for ur advice and contributions,appreciate u all,God bless!
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by superior1: 8:19am On Dec 28, 2011
n
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by googlepro: 8:29am On Dec 28, 2011
Bruv,

I have checked all banks when I was trying to get my car loan and settled for ETB, they seem to have the best rate.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Daxbiz(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2011
@Poster
Going By your line of Business, which is Poultry farming, I recommend Global Limit Agric funding provided by Union Bank of Nigeria Plc.

Interest Rate is 18% with 40% Rebate at the end of the payment period/loan tenure.

This in essence means you wil pay just 11% for the Loan!!!

You are also given a Moratorium, which is a period the bank allows you to grow your farm to maturity before you start payments.

Just call me if interested. I assure you, there's no better deal elsewhere.

Union Bank, Oregun Branch, Lagos.
BIG, STRONG AND RELIABLE.
Re: Bank Facilities: Which Offers The Best Rate? by Olatad: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2011
thank u,i would get in touch with the two banks- UNion bank and Standard trust bank here in Ibadan as u recommended and see what they could offer. thank u once again,God bless!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Inflation Drops To 11.14% / Vegetable Oils Business / Please What Is Happening With AMYN Investments? - SORTED OUT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.