Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

We Cry For Funeral Expenses - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / We Cry For Funeral Expenses (1461 Views)

Buruuje: Fulani Funeral Orations For A Fallen Warrior / Cleric, Undertaker Fall Into Grave During Funeral / World Biggest Crocodile Is Dead And Ready For Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Cry For Funeral Expenses by edujoy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2011
When my father died on the 30th of October 2011, being the first son I summoned a meeting with the elders of my place;after a very long meeting,the expenses for the funeral was above 1 million naira.

Why should it cost so much for funeral in Nigeria? More advanced countries don't spend one tenth of what we spend here (our hausa brothers excluded).

What is your take on this?
Re: We Cry For Funeral Expenses by Ngodigha1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2011
It seems your father was a pauper?.
Re: We Cry For Funeral Expenses by odumchi: 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2011
I sympathize with you and I send my condolences. The price of your fathers burial can be affected by several factors. First of all, what ethnicity are you? Why Im asking is that certain cultures require certain ceremonies for burial.

And was your father a titled man?
Was he in any groups or organizations?
What are the burial customs of your land?
The list goes on.

In certain places titled and prominent men can only be buried when certain items have been produced (cows, goats, etc.) so you might want to consider these things as you analyze the price.

(1) (Reply)

Chaos: A Nigerian Thing? ( My Experience At The Venue Of Nigerian - Iraq Match) / Ooni: ‘no Human Sacrifice In Rites Of Passage’ / Spare Me Yoruba Obas Supremacy Battle, Says New Ooni. Showers Praises On Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.