Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? (2793 Views)

Will You Return This Money To Her If You Are Her Like This? Photo / Will You Return His Phone After Receiving A 2k Bribe From You? / Taxi Driver Who Received A National Honours Award For Honesty And Integrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Akolawole(m): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2006
Is this man the most honest Nigerian?

Please read this link: http://odili.net/news/source/2006/mar/12/810.html

Can you do this?
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by dafman(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2006
I really couldn't believe it, God dash you money you return am. An ivorian general forgot $700,000 in his suit and he didn't even notice days after, he must have milked his country's treasury, that was probably 1% of what he has. What is wrong with some people angry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by tejuoso1(f): 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2006
he is the best fool on earth but God will bless him sha. even if he is a religious person that fears God he can still keep 1 million of it and return the rest. God will also understand that's his gain for giving the money back. i bet his wife and other worker will feel like killing him.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by alheri(f): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2006
Honestly, am very proud of this young Nigerian! It is good to see that we still have men of intergrity in this country. I cant say I would have done the same thing he did wink, but I thank God because he has lifted up the name of the God he serves. This is a testimony!
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Seun(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2006
The owner of the money was so happy that he dipped his hands into the wad of dollar notes ($700,000) and scooped some into the hands of this good samaritan.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by rikkyjen(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2006
Why are we nigerians just naturally corruptCould it be dat our gene has been tampered with,someone saw money and some pple on this thread are saying he should have kept it,,what??, how can we curb corruption then,it starts from our mind,and within us.Our society is messed up to the extent dat a lil child knows how to grease a palm with wads of naira notes!!! GOD help us
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by papermoon(f): 1:51pm On Mar 16, 2006
cry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by chinesedoll(f): 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2006
abegi, for what now why would i get that kind of opportunity and not use it well opportunity comes but once do u know what that kind of money would do in my life,God sef go understand,
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by rikkyjen(m): 3:08pm On Mar 16, 2006
Corrupted minds!!! angry angry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by hotangel2(f): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2006
rikkyjen:

Corrupted minds!!! angry angry
Uncle u r wrong oo.

papermoon:

hmmm, story story, in my opinion i would NEVER return that amount of money, for why now??WHY should a general be carrying around that type of money?that obviously he didnt notice had gone missing, i will palm it first, and wait a while, if nobody mentions anything after a little while, then it becomes mine,
if it was his hard earned money that he toiled for, then im sure he must have noticed as soon as he got to his room or whatever that $700.000 had gone missing.
so since its chicken feed to him then it will make a difference in my life now,
and if im wrong then may GOD forgive me, but atimes in life, we gotta do what we gotta do, grin

and to the good man that returned the money, well, no comments

My sister, u no lie. God don butter my bread be that oo. Shuuuu. 700,000 dollars. Wait ooo, why me no fit find dat kain money now.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Skidoc(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2006
Destiny threw wealth on the laps of this man and he refused to get rich. He shall remain poor for ever because he has just lost his once-in-a-lifetime chance.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by chinesedoll(f): 7:50pm On Mar 18, 2006
Skidoc:

Destiny threw wealth on the laps of this man and he refused to get rich. He shall remain poor for ever because he has just lost his once-in-a-lifetime chance.

bros na so he thing pain u reach
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Odeku(m): 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2006
I want to say I command the man if this story is in deed true. There is no way in hell you can fit $700.000 US Dollars in one pocket of a suit or what ever, to carry that amount of money you need a brief case, so even if the denomination is in $100. This man is brave for returning the money, as I can attest to the statement, there are still good Nigerians out there. I left a very expensive digital camera at a barber saloon, and went back the next day and it was handed over to me in tact in Abuja, so I'm proud to say we still have good Nigerians among us. and for the people that are calling this man a fool, are this the same people that are saying the government is corrupt?
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by rikkyjen(m): 5:06am On Mar 20, 2006
Our mind has been so polluted by our natural ambience,imagine people calling the honest guy a fool!!!Even if the ivorien general embezzled the money and misplaced it,that's not a justification for that guy to steal the money and run,so far its not his own!!How the ivorien general got the money is not his business.I cant imagine Europeans and other races reading this thread,they gonna be dismayed!!! Sometimes i think we nigerian's gene has been tampered with.Yeah ,cos its only genetic mutation,that would make a collective few adore money without respect for principles and idealism.

Is it this generation that will take over from the likes of wabara,balogun et al.I doubt whether the next generation corrupt atrocities wont dwarf this current wasted wasted generation.What happened reminds of the truism of the aphorism which says corruption is an impediment to the promotion of good in a country.Its appalling that majority of the respondents of this thread chse the other side of honesty.Only half of our population who can be honest is ok to sanitise the country.but in a country where a day old kid knows how to grease the palm,then we all need our genes to be examined and our thinking faculty be examined!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by princeonx: 5:36am On Mar 20, 2006
didn't read the story but I hope this man is taking care of his family and all their needs! if not, and he land for house dey yearn how he found that kind of money and returned it, his ass will be kicked!
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by burteeone(m): 10:04am On Mar 20, 2006
What is the root of all evil? This man rejected evil and choose God. Samuel find his path through the "WORD'' He did not lose anything but gain. It easier for camel to past through niddle hole into the Kingdom of God, than rich man. If we have such of money, and God minister to us through dream, saying son on morrow take all your money give it to all the needy on the street, I mean all and shall bless you.(God)

What will you do? and you said you believe in God.

God created the man, and he has popularity than the dollars now. If he keep the money silently, nobody will knows him. God brought him up, Glory be to God. grin grin
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by LoverBwoy(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2006
Seun:

The owner of the money was so happy that he dipped his hands into the wad of dollar notes ($700,000) and scooped some into the hands of this good samaritan.

No,

"He just dipped a hand into his bag and brought out some Naira notes and handed over to me without counting them”,

dollar for naira smart man

i would take 5million give him the rest jare
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by olex(m): 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2006
It is disheartening that some people have the audacity to call this man a fool for doing what is right. The real criminals are those who find money that does not belong to them and refuse to hand it over to the owner. Whether or not you believe in God, that is the right thing to do.

The average European would return the money because he/she simply cannot bank the money. His/her bank would demand to know how he or she made the money.

Even here in Nigeria, if this man were to take the Naira equivalent of $700,000 to his bank, the bank would need to know how he made the money. Before you know it, the police would come into the equation and the man could be jailed.

Some of us are so shortsighted in the way we think—calling the $700,000 a gift from God. What a shame! Shame on those of you who called the man a fool! Shame on you people!
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by goodguy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2006
I am mainly posting because of some $%#&%*#@! posting on this thread, calling the man a fool.

teju oso: he is the best fool on earth but God will bless him sha. even if he is a religious person that fears God he can still keep 1 million of it and return the rest. God will also understand that's his gain for giving the money back. i bet his wife and other worker will feel like killing him.

No, he is not a fool.  Infact you are the real fool here.  I really can't believe Nigerians as daft as you are are still existing.

papermoon:

hmmm, story story, in my opinion i would NEVER return that amount of money, for why now??WHY should a general be carrying around that type of money?that obviously he didnt notice had gone missing, i will palm it first, and wait a while, if nobody mentions anything after a little while, then it becomes mine,
if it was his hard earned money that he toiled for, then im sure he must have noticed as soon as he got to his room or whatever that $700.000 had gone missing.
so since its chicken feed to him then it will make a difference in my life now,
and if im wrong then may GOD forgive me, but atimes in life, we gotta do what we gotta do, grin

and to the good man that returned the money, well, no comments
As far as the man didn't give the money to you himself, under no circumstances does the money automatically become yours, even if you saw it on the ground without knowing the owner.

hot-angel:

My sister, u no lie. God don butter my bread be that oo. Shuuuu. 700,000 dollars. Wait ooo, why me no fit find that kain money now.
I'm extremely disappointed in you of all people for making a statement like this. 

Skidoc:

What a sensible thing to say!  He shall remain poor for doing the right thing?  "Once-in-a-lifetime chance" - how ridiculous!  So, because he returned a money that does not belong to him, he can never have such money in his life?

Often times, we seem to forget certain things and start talking foolishly.  Don't be surprised the way God will bless that man (not necessarily with money) for what he did.

[Call this 'preaching' if you like tongue]

And it's you same people that run to other countries in the name of "our country is corrupt", even when your own very minds are so corrupt.   I think rikkyjen is right: it seems our genes have been tampered with.  If not, I don't think any person in his right thinking mind would call the honest man a fool.  I'm so angry with you people!!! angry angry angry

Alheri, Odeku, rikkyjen, burteeone and olex: I commend you guyz for your posts.  At least, we still got some sensible people on Nairaland.

P.S.  I'm sorry if I offended anyone.  My post was made while under a very frustrated condition.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by papermoon(f): 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2006
cry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by papermoon(f): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2006
cry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2006
yep!!
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by shockreaction(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2006
*shakes his head*

This IS sad. (I'm referring to those saying they wouldn't return the money).
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by IBBFan(m): 12:00am On Mar 21, 2006
na wa oooooo!!! no be small tin ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

in life, there're always 2 sides to every situation. if he hadn't done this, he would have done that or vice versa. make una jus take am easy sha. hardship (poor people) and greed (rich people) will make them reserve that $700k. for me, i would have followed whatever spirit that came over me at that particular moment (whether good or bad).

cool cool cool cool cool
IBB
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Skidoc(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2006
Goodguy, that was totally uncalled for. Are you related to the man? angry
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Akolawole(m): 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2006
I like the guy's courage but i am not happy with the "naira gifts" the Ivorian Army .

Definitely the money was not transfered legally to Nigeria, if i am in the Army's position, i will definitely give him minimum of $5000.
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by goodguy(m): 11:18pm On Mar 21, 2006
Skidoc:

Goodguy, that was totally uncalled for.
No, your post was totally uncalled for.  Under what conditions do you conclude that he just lost his once-in-a-lifetime chance?

Skidoc:

Are you related to the man? angry
Must I be related to him before I can defend him? tongue
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Consultant(f): 2:17am On Mar 22, 2006

9 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Matt 6:19-21

Can N95 million cure you if you have cancer? Can it take away AIDS? Can it give you a peaceful and happy marriage? Or if all your children were on the Chachangi plane that crashed in PH, can N95 million bring them back?

It's just money. It's not worth losing eternity over. Good for him!
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by Skidoc(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2006
goodguy:

No, your post was totally uncalled for. Under what conditions do you conclude that he just lost his once-in-a-lifetime chance?
Must I be related to him before I can defend him? tongue

Stop sweating! You don't even know this man!! Defender! Haba!!! smiley
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by goodguy(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2006
I am not sweating.

Do you also know the man, as to conclude irrationally that he just lost his once-in-a-lifetime chance?
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by tushy: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2006
in 9ja? as hard as things r. wow thats not a very easy thing to do especially where temptation exists. 95 what? no b naira oooooooooo. sammy did a good thing i must say. peaceeeeeee. smiley
Re: Honesty: Would You Return 95 Million Naira Just Like That? by IAH(f): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2006
I would return it after 5 years, that's when I've invested the money in business and it has yielded double. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Method To Discover Your Intellectual Talent. / Breaking News!! Nairaland Barcanista Defects To PDP / 2023: NUMBAT Inaugurate Excos, Vows To Deliver 30million Votes To Tinubu, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.