Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! (6981 Views)

2006/07 Ml350 4matic Benz Toks / Buy This Car And Pay on Installments!!! Honda Civic 2006 Model@ N1.250m / Brand New: Honda Accord 2006/07 Model For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by tEsLim(m): 2:36pm On Dec 25, 2011
I made one of the most super mistakes of my life and bought this Honda Civic in May. I did little tweaks as usual when you just got a car but since then. I've been changing COILS. SPARK COILS that powers or send charge to the SPARK PLUGS. This things cost $15k each 4 cylinder engine. Later was adviced to down grade it to Civic 2002 sparks those are cheaper and said to be stronger still they all got blown up or shoot as the local mechanics say. Then moved to Honda Babyboy COILS those are bad too now.

I'm tired of this fixes. We've diagnosed it several times and it one time said brainbox on some machine and another said the COLD START and one mech was about the FUEL PUMP which we just replaced too.

The main problem is that it starts to blink ENGINE CHECK and it wont move or RAISE fully. Jerks.

Whenever its about to start the problem it starts blinking ENGINE CHECK and wont move.

I need a competent mechanic. I've tried 3 already. Please help I no mind sell this car self. ANybody buy cars in this state. It can't even leave home now.
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by sultaan(m): 5:15pm On Dec 25, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cry cry cry cry

You made me laugh a lot then cry a little with your problem which was not really a problem until you let those cavemechanics pull a Group Intimacy on you and you cars.

First you have to find all the parts you remove (coils, plugs)

What the original problem was and the codes you are getting now.

You may have to import all new parts or replace with removed part based on what the scan says.

If your check engine light comes on never let anyone touch it without pulling the codes first and you check what it means online.
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by tEsLim(m): 9:43pm On Dec 25, 2011
Check engine blinking now , even when the engine is IDLE. I beg who get time to import care partrs. Who go buy Honda Civic no pricing N1.2m I beg. The thing clean die but ENGINE CHECK dey blink
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by miccodb(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2011
if u want to sell u can put up d pix and lets value it also considering the issues. or i can help u diagnose and solve d issue. choice is urs
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by tEsLim(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
THanks sultaan

HEre is the coil that keeps burning or maybe I'm buying semi dead COILS and putting it in the car

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Honda/Civic/Beck_Arnley/Ignition_Coil/2006/EX/4_Cyl_1-dot-8L/BEC1788393.html?intcmpid=Product+Listings+Best+Seller

Ok I'll upload pictures

Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by tEsLim(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2011
This are the things I saw on the internet after reading several topics about the same problems on honda Civics

timing belt could have skipped a tooth and thrown the timing off
clogged injector or low fuel pressure due to bad fuel pump
bad spark plugs and coil packs or bad cables
Wrong spark plugs do not use NGK or DENSO which are copper plugs.
Bad engine ground wire or bad battery terminal connection
Clogged catalyst converter / bad oxygen senso
Bad Head gasket
Check compression, fuel pressure, egr operation, vaccum leaks from the intake gasket, carbon buildup throughout, injector wiring,

And somone else Catalyc Converter got damaged due to this engine flashing. and misfiring. Most likely need to change plugs, coils and the cables.

Recommended to buy coil packs and cables and new spark plugs
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by sultaan(m): 1:36am On Dec 27, 2011
Its a simple fix.

DO a scan first so you know where to start.

Guess work got you this far.

If engine light is flashing do not drive the car could result in severe engine damage.

Coils don't just burn, mechanics screwed with your car
Re: Agbami Oh! Honda Civic 2006/07 Model Problems! by miccodb(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2011
i can help you pull out the codes. you need to pull out the freeze frame data before clearing the memory the u allow the car to send persisting codes again. this way ur problem is half solved. you also need to take some live data reading. call me for more help 08034688034

(1) (Reply)

2016 Model Benz GLE450 Toks Fully Loaded. / 2016 Model BMW X5 Toks Selling Cheap Fully Loaded / Registered Honda Accord 2008 @N2,050,000.00 Call 08032965542

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.