Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services (1358 Views)

Free .com Webhosting Now Hurry It Is Working Very Fyne / Plz,what Are The Best And Cheap Webhosting Services In Nigeria / Pay For International Webhosting Services With Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by Drunk: 8:48pm On Dec 26, 2011
Hello All,

Please i need help or suggestions on what to do as regards the problems Emmanuel Ekanem's hostportfolio.com web hosting services is causing me. I have been hosting my website with them for almost two years now and my next renewal is going to be by March 2012. For the past one month plus now, my site has been offline and efforts to get the owner Emmanuel Ekanem to explain and resolve this for all these periods have not worked. More so, he does not answer my calls as he often put of the phone in order to avoid my calls. Please i need help and suggestions on what to do else i do something rash if i eventually leave my base to locate him from where he operates.

Thank you all.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by free2: 10:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
Change ur NameServer to another hosting provider (this is only possible if u have access to ur domain name)
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by Drunk: 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2011
I purchased my domain through him (hostportfoilio.com) and have my site hosted there. More so, i don't have my designed site file anymore on my computer as i misplaced it. Any hope for me?
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by DualCore1: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
hostportfolio.com is suspended and that most like means its a reseller account and it owns your hosting account. When a reseller account is suspended (for any reason) all hosting accounts under that reseller account get suspended. Just thought I should explain that. As to what to do now, I have no contributions to make.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by free2: 6:49am On Dec 27, 2011
@ Drunk
This could be sad for you! Few months ago, I lost my site and domain name to one Dennis Isong of theexperthost .com services. Below is my sad story (in summary)

Two month to the renewal of my Domain/hosting account, this guy (Dennis Isong of theexperthost) sent me (email and text) renewal notice for a WRONG account (Domain name that doesn’t belong to me). Seen this, I alerted him of this error and stated my own account details which he said my account is not yet due for renewal and I will notified when the time reach.
Upon this, he (Dennis Isong of theexperthost) still sent that wrong account renewal notice to me and I kept notifying him of this.
The next thing I saw was that my site has stop loading and after contacting him he said my site has been deleted.
I was offset and requested him to transfer my domain to me, he didn’t and now a domain trader has HIGH JACK that domain. I lost my domain and my site content.
Since then, I stopped hosting my domain and site content with one provider.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by ilekky(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2011
Your story is sad and pathetic but I must tell you that there is nothing wrong in having your site

hosted with one provider as long as he can render good services but here is my candid opinion.

Always register your domain name yourself.It is not technical at all.You can check godaddy.com and

if you host with them and they disappoint,you can always change the name servers.Always ensure

that you have your domain name within your own control.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by Afam4eva(m): 11:20am On Dec 27, 2011
I won't to imagine that the domain name came with he hosting account. if it did, then the domain does not belong to you. It belongs to hostportfolio. Next time buy your domain and hosting from different providers or as different products.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by Drunk: 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thank you all for you honest contribution, but do anyone have an idea what i can do as to retrieving or getting my name servers changed as it is now? More so, i did a little finding of mine and discovered that he seem to be a reseller under www.web4africa.net and which i sent them a mail on my situation. My mail was only acknowledged and afterwards notified that it has been forwarded to the department in charge of such and i would be contacted. I have tried several times to ring them on phone and no one is also answering (maybe because i do call evenings). Do anyone honestly think www.web4africa.net can step into the situation for me considering my situation. I honestly made a mistake by "trusting" him to do the domain registration through him/his site and equally host it there.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by Afam4eva(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
You can only change the DNS if you have access to the domain registrar where it is hosted.

I don't think web4africa has the right to step in. Though they have the power to stepin. It will even be better if the domain is also hosted with them.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by DualCore1: 1:45pm On Dec 27, 2011
Web4africa stepping in will mean a breach of contract with their reseller. Technically they have no business with you regarding this issue.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by ysiegel: 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
@Drunk,

For every service provider, there is always a superior, as far as domain name is concern there are generic terms worldwide, that governs domain name registration and transfers, no hosting provider or registrar has the right to odd your domain or do not release, it is also against the terms and standard that govern the industry.

you can try search for who the registrar is and lodge your complains inclusive how displeased you are with the reseller that represented them, they have the right to intervene, its like a contract of a franchisee and franschisors to a customer.

Also watch out for any hosting provider that does not include freedom of you managing your domain in their TOS, this can also blindly bind you to terms.

any service provider that believe in their service and future growth will give you the access to your domain management even in the client area section.
Re: Help With Emmanuel Ekanem's Hostportfolio.com Webhosting Services by cbi24: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2012
This is a bad experience...

@ *free: This is an issue you should get back to Them (TheExpertHost . com) to resolve.
not pasting it here....

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Tytit A Social Network By 17 Year Old Nairalander / Your Business needs a website at affordable price. / Free Domain Registration! Cheapest, Most Reliable Nigerian Hosting Now Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.