Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 (7221 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 75% (9 votes)
Wolves: 0% (0 votes)
Draw: 25% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Blackburn (2 - 3) On Saturday 31st December 2011 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On Sunday 18th December 2011 / El Clasico - Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 3) On Saturday 10th December 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by mukina2: 1:48am On Dec 27, 2011
Arsene Wenger has warned Arsenal to expect a footballing test when miracle-worker Mick McCarthy brings his battling Wolves side to Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners had an extra 24 hours to prepare for the game following the decision to put the fixture back from Boxing Day because of industrial action by some London Underground staff.

While Arsenal have their sights set firmly on the top four after bouncing back from the 1-0 defeat at Manchester City with an away win at Aston Villa, Wolves are scrapping for every point to stay clear of being dragged into a relegation battle.

Wenger has the utmost respect for the job McCarthy is overseeing at the Black Country club, under what have been testing circumstances following criticism from some sections of the Molineux faithful this season."Mick McCarthy is doing miracles at Wolves,'' Wenger said in his programme notes for the match.

"He is always ready for a fight, never gives up, keeps his steadiness and mental strength, never shows any strain.

"It is great what he does for his club. I believe they play extremely good football as well.''

Wenger had been impressed by McCarthy's determination.

"It demands special strength from the manager to fight until the last day with the uncertainty sometimes whether you will stay up,'' the Arsenal boss said.

"A manager needs to be cool-blooded, strong, resilient and Mick McCarthy has all of these qualities.''

Arsenal have won eight of their last 10 league games to turn the season around and close back to within striking distance of the top four.

The Gunners produced another impressive display to secure all three points at Villa Park last Wednesday night, with Yossi Benayoun coming off the bench to head a late winner.

The Israeli midfielder, on loan from Chelsea, has yet to start in the Premier League this season, but Wenger believes a collective team ethic runs deep within the current group.

"[The Aston Villa result] showed the importance of the squad, but also the quality of the spirit,'' Wenger told Arsenal Player.

"That makes a difference if you have players who come on that have a real desire to help the team.

"You always have a chance because teams have to fight so hard against us that in the last 20 minutes fresh players can have a big impact.''

Arsenal head towards 2012 with their defence stretched because of injury, which could see Wenger enter the loan market when the transfer window opens again on January 1.

Swiss international defender Johan Djourou could return from a minor groin problem, while Wenger must also decide whether to rest skipper Robin van Persie, who is close to breaking the Premier League goals record for a calendar year. With 34 goals he is two short of Alan Shearer's record.

Ronald Zubar believes Wolves must repeat the determination evident in salvaging a point against Norwich in their battle for survival.

Mick McCarthy's side twice came from behind in mid-week to draw 2-2 with the Canaries at Molineux.

Right-back Zubar, who has just returned to the side after a lengthy injury lay-off, scored the second goal to cement the comeback just when Wolves were facing a second home setback in succession.

Now they face a visit to revitalised Arsenal who are back in the hunt for a Champions League spot.

Zubar said: "There won't be any pressure on us against Arsenal and we just have to see what we can do.

"There's no reason why we can't play well there and see if we can pick anything up.

"Arsenal away is always a tough game with a big pitch and a lovely stadium. I'm sure our fans are looking forward to going there.

"We've had an extra day before the game now, after it was put back, and the players have been able to have Christmas Day at home.

"But then we will be looking to go to Arsenal with a good mentality and to show something positive on the pitch.

"The last 10 minutes against Norwich showed the determination of the team and we're going to need all that in the games to come.''

Zubar is delighted to be back in action after Richard Stearman's broken wrist presented an opening.

He said: "It's great to be back on the pitch and be part of the team.

"That's all any player wants. I'm enjoying it.

"For me it was just great to be back and to get my match fitness to 100%

"I've only played five games and need more to feel a lot better.

Midfielder Dave Edwards is in contention to return after a two game absence with a groin injury.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is favourite to again partner Steven Fletcher upfront after netting against Norwich when preferred to Kevin Doyle.

Match
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 27, 2011
Oh Lord give us ds day, our 3 points& RVP 2break AS record (Amen)
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by crabsoyst: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2011
I see it play out, such that Arsenal returns back into da Big 4, I see our dear RVP banging in the needed goals, double honors today, Bring it on GUNNERS!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by utelee: 11:09am On Dec 27, 2011
@mikkykay ur prayer hav already been answerd. Gunner 4 life.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2011
nikkykay:

Oh Lord give us ds day, our 3 points& RVP 2break AS record (Amen)

Amen to that, Gunner 4 Life
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by fred2265: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2011
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by itiswell1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
I see arsenal overtaking Chelsea and RVP breaking that record.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2011
Go Gunners !!!

RvP to grab a hat-trick and smash all existing records cheesy .

I hope Wenger lets him play today.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by Akainzo(m): 3:19pm On Dec 27, 2011
Well, All I am in for is the 3 points. RVP could better Henry's goal haul for the year for Arsenal but I doubt if he would bag a hatrick to break Shearer's own. He has kinda slowed down a little for a while and thus Maybe he would equal it but I sincerely do not see him breaking it.

But, should he break it, I would be much more elated. However, the key thing is: 3 POINTS! grin
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2011
No Walcott, Benayoun starts.

Team in full: Szczesny, Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Benayoun, Van Persie, Gervinho.

Subs: Almunia, Miquel, Coquelin, Arshavin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Chamakh.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by edoyad(m): 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gervin na wa o!
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by edoyad(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
Though Gervinho scored, it's obvious he needs work. Goood goal and nice assist by Benayouun
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by justwise(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2011
Goal!!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
edoyad:

Though Gervinho scored, it's obvious he needs work. Goood goal and nice assist by Benayouun

I'm happy that he started today. He always work hard each time he is brought on.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by Pharoh: 4:26pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gervinho should not disturb van persie in his pursuit to break those records ooo . , angry
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by edoyad(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
RVP should relax, the goals will happen naturally if at all they will .
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by dipo1: 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2011
RvP is definitely desperate to equal Shearer's record but he is trying to play for the team at the same time and he isn't doing bad at all. Such is his class
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Dec 27, 2011
Now this is bad, what were these defenders doing?
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 4:39pm On Dec 27, 2011
which kain mono mono goal be that  angry angry
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by edoyad(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2011
see us again
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2011
Very annoying goal.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by IbroSaunks(m): 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2011
yippeeee!! up wolves!!!
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by PoDeep(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2011
I dont get it. Is everyone in red and white on a Codeine diet? ? :s
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by Gekko(m): 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2011
No lele, we are still in control. Obviously this team is much sharper with the exclusion of Ramsey and Theo, Rosicky n Benayoun are class players on their day.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by dabrake(m): 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2011
Wengér, abeg no fall my hand
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2011
Gekko:

No lele, we are still in control.  Obviously this team is much sharper with the exclusion of Ramsey and Theo, Rosicky n Benayoun are class players on their day.

without Rambo maybe but Theo is always a sharp threat on the right. At a point  Benny was looking for someone to make the run down the right hand side and no one came.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by dabrake(m): 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2011
This gervinho na deputy torres
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by edoyad(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2011
We need sharpness in front guys
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by dabrake(m): 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
Omo, gervinho. Haba ref.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2011
Aaaargh , we're missing Walcott. None of Benny or Rozzay can play his style we need a winger.

I'd say off with Rozzay and Benny stays.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by KayDee4: 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
Song abeg o.
Re: Arsenal Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (1 - 1) On 27th December 2011 by dabrake(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2011
Thank God it wasn't a red. Song, u wan turn david luiz? @wenger, i no gbadu dat subs. Aaaarh rosicky!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wolves Vs Manchester City (0 - 2) On 22nd April 2012 / Europa League : Ajax Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 16th February 2012(0 - 0) / Bournemouth Vs Liverpool (0 - 4) On 21st January 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.