Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,954 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector (1566 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria Apart From The Oil Industry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by osaki(m): 4:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
Good day all,i am presently a master student studying GEOPHYSICS in Nigeria with a bsc in Geology gotten over 8 years ago.I had the believe that can land me a good job as soon as i round up with it but not very sure, A total offshore staff told me that the in thing now is certifications eg welding inspection or nebosh cert.Is this true,if YES which is preferable considering my discipline and the most lucrative in the sector .candid advice pls.
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by yamakuza: 7:53pm On Dec 27, 2011
Are those the only 2 you are considering?

As a woman, NEBOSH might favor you.

Though CWI jobs may be more than HSE jobs and pay more, HSE jobs seem longer term (not project based).
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by osaki(m): 2:49pm On Dec 28, 2011
thanks, more pls
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by osaki(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
where are the welding ins&ectors in d house and d neboshs,
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by yamakuza: 7:58pm On Dec 29, 2011
There's a thread on the Career Board for Drilling Engineers and Supervisors.

You might get your answers there.

[s]There's another thread for HSE Professionals too.[/s]
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by osaki(m): 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2011
thanks dear
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by yamakuza: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2011
I meant you should ask there, preferably after reading all the pages.
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by Remii(m): 10:42pm On Dec 29, 2011
yamakuza:

There's a thread on the Career Board for Drilling Engineers and Supervisors.

You might get your answers there.

[s]There's another thread for HSE Professionals too.[/s]

that guy is a geologist, she may no get a job of DE in operating companies. OP, Prepare very well and look for job as a Geologist. You can start from mud logging or geophysical works, but aim at becoming geologist either at wellsite or in office. You have no business with welding certificate if you intend to be a geologo.
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by yamakuza: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2011
Remii:

that guy is a geologist, she may no get a job of DE in operating companies. OP, Prepare very well and look for job as a Geologist. You can start from mud logging or geophysical works, but aim at becoming geologist either at wellsite or in office. You have no business with welding certificate if you intend to be a geologo.

what other certifications can she use to "boost" her CV?

Well Planning?
Re: I Need Professional Advice From Guys In The Oil And Gas Sector by osaki(m): 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2011
i really luv ur suggestions@ remii ,what do u mean by geo&ysical works.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On How To Register For ICAN During Service Year / Lagos State Npower Members Plans Protest. / Accountants/accounting Students Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.