Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist (1442 Views)

VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! VACANCY!!! / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy!!! / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by ugo2u(m): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2011
If you know you are a quality Graphic Artist and you need a job that pays 35k plus per month, then look no further. There is a Vacancy available at a Digital House in Opebi Ikeja. so if you are interested please forward your portfolio/cv to olaakin2005@yahoo.com. so what are you waiting for?
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by velo10: 3:47am On Dec 28, 2011
The pay is pretty small. I think
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by ugo2u(m): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2011
Its the base, depending on ur skills it can rise to 40 or more. Besides I'm paid 20k at my current workplace lol!
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by Aseye(m): 11:01am On Dec 28, 2011
re u crios Ugo? trust der must b sumtin still kippin u,
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by ugo2u(m): 11:11am On Dec 28, 2011
I am serious o, nobody wan employ me o. anyway next year sha I might drop mod duties and seriously head out for job hunt.
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by velo10: 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
ugo_2u:

Its the base, depending on your skills it can rise to 40 or more. Besides I'm paid 20k at my current workplace lol!

Whoa, you can't be serious. I think the problem this days is that people are undermining the importance of Graphic artists. Someone like me, I work freelance fulltime. Sometimes I between 40-90k monthly from my contract jobs. This coming year, I intend to multiply that to higher numbers. I think the problem is basically with clients. Graphic designers are being undermined. I think it's high time graphic artsits form an association to curb this exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by flagship(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2011
I wud like a job, but I so wouldn't. I do this freelance thing,but I am not good at it one bit sad I have no idea how to go about it,but I need the money badly now more than ever. sometimes, I forget I am a designer until I get a call on my phone.Lol. can Velo advice me on how he gets contracts? smiley
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by Aseye(m): 8:47am On Dec 30, 2011
for me i work and i also freelance too, i think if u get a job its gud and if u can manage ur spare tym well enuf (waking at 9ts & ur wknds), its a plus for u, especially when people know this is what u do. work on ur network of professionals, den d cals can come in anytym, and be gud enuf to refer jobs u cant handle. yea reali, d society is still yet to accept and c d relivance of wht we do and apprc8 us for it bt trust me, its getting beta, we were neva near dis mark some years back.

build urself if u re lookin at a career in this, get a job. work out ur experience. years as a free lance will nt get u that top notch position (if u re lookin to be d creative manager/art director of a world brand) but ofcourse, it fetches u d money, u re free (freelance) and d independence, no one to push u around on how to do ur designs, its reali a two diff worlds bt u can live comfortably in the tow. cheers guys.
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by flagship(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2011
thanks a lot Aseye. but the thing is,I am getting into other creative things like movie script-writing and 3d modelling. I believe that landing a full-time work will make a mess of me sad

I really understand the need for fulltime work(constant pay) but, *sigh.
I was offered a job earlier, and they said it involved doing magazine layout. as a freelancer,i have turned down magazine projects because I find them weirdly mind-numbing and boring. so,I have put the agency on hold while I consider it( I prob won't take it). as a maverick,I am all for doing what makes me happy. what makes me happy is Photomanipulations and Logo design. its just unfortunate that I have almost nil professional network. every now and then,someone stumbles on my work and wonder why they hadn't seen me before *sigh

DZ wot I hope to work on now, a professional network so I can come up on the radar of people looking for design services. Any ideas?
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by Aseye(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2011
yea, i get u. nt sure of the ntwrk u talkin abt (bt i'm almost sure its nt a ntwrk of professionals lik wht u do, because if u dnt ve a ntwrk by nw, then u nid to step it up)

as per ntwrk to fetch u jobs and all dt, its all nt goin to happen at once, der re various platforms for dt. one cld be word of mouth, talk more to people abt wht u do, offer services to people even if they ve nt asked u ( free stuffs some times),

have every avenue to showcase stuffs u've done (i had to get a big screen phone; an iphone) so i can do a presentation of jobs i've done at a go, so its nt just by mouth.

good u re a brand person, pls place ur brand on any potential gud brand dt comes ur way, give ur best to it and dnt ever turn it down, those re stuffs dt wil get d cals to come in, take up total projects, from logo brand to LH to BC to invoice and all dt (full branding) in dt way u ve ur name attached to a company, GOD help u d company grows well,

if u can afford the time and all dt it requires, step up from just design and follow them up to print. look for a printer u can trust, a quality one that as integrity, then u can get full jobs (design & print), which is more sensible (hey, why freelance? if not to get the doe)

not to bore u much, bt jst a lil secret, most cooperate coy, will not give their jobs to just anyone bt trust me their re some dt re ready to break protocols if they see a good job with a good offer, u just have to win their heart with something and most times, its quality.
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by velo10: 9:08am On Dec 31, 2011
Freelancing in graphics aint easy believe me. I quit my fulltime job last year March to embrace freelance. The fact's that the Nigerian business environment isn't ripe enough for freelancing like other countries, but I believe we can make it so. Abroad, freelancers earn alot of pay as it is the norm for companies to employ them. There are even websites for freelancers like elance.com, freelancer.com. I've been advertising my freelance services on facebook and google. Most times I get no response for weeks and most people that reply are either serious or unready. But I have to keep pushing and I make my jobs very impressive, so people can depend more on freelancers than people in business centers and their in-house graphics guys.

@Flagship, I suggest you get a website to showcase your stuffs. That would increase your popularity and credibility. Perhaps if I have a job overload, I could hook you up. You can drop your email. If you are having financial issues, you can get a job like Aseye for the meanwhile, then freelance full time when you think is best convenient. As for me, I'm freelancing and not turning back.
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by flagship(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2012
thanks a looot both of you cheesy I will think more on this. I appreciate

martinekwe(at)yahoo.com
Re: Vacancy! Vacancy! Vacancy! For A Quality Graphic Artist by Shijibomi: 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2012
@ velo is a good idea. pls try and put him in the line.
but have u try these site too. 99designs.com. i get it from UGO.
and i believed its also help, when you sign up with them.

(1) (Reply)

Interview Is 2moro-30 Additional People Needed / Urgently Needed Sales Executives And Graduate Trainees,etc In A Telcom Company / Nnpc Successful Candidate Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.