Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Help With American / Nigerian Wedding? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help With American / Nigerian Wedding? (1180 Views)

Who Is A Nigerian American? Are They The Same As American Nigerian? / 6 Lovely Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks (photos) / British Nigerians Girls Are Prettier Than American Nigerian Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With American / Nigerian Wedding? by QueenB1019(f): 10:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I am new and would greatly appreciate words of wisdom. I am a black American woman marrying a Yoruba Nigerian man this summer. He has lived here in the US since he was a teenager. We have been to many Nigerian weddings with over 600 guests that are open to anyone that wants to come and we are not happy that the food is cold or they run out, or the receptions are very unorganized. We decided we did not want this. We would rather have an invitation only wedding for 250 guests and provide a true VIP service for everyone. The best foods, wines, catering services, entertainment, favors, etc,

The problem is that we know many people will be offended when we tell our guests that it is invitation only. I'm curious how can we get our guests to understand. And even more importantly we would not want to shame anyone by showing up uninvited and being turned away at the door.

I feel very stressed out. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Re: Help With American / Nigerian Wedding? by safarigirl(f): 11:17pm On Dec 27, 2011
@ op, I'm şƱƦƹ you've heard the saying 'don't try to please everyone to ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я own displeasure' even if you invited the entire country ǡŋ₫ made it Ǟ free for ÄŁĻ people will still complain, make plans that will suit you ǡŋ₫ pay no mind to others, it's your day anyways.

Goodluck with the wedding and the marriage

(1) (Reply)

Where Do Nigerian Culture(s) Fit Into The 'modern' World? / Different Attires Worn In Different Occasions In Ekiti State / The Depictions Of Kanem - Bornu Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.